• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I love what you've done here!

The science behind it really intrigues me, and I also try to find the best amino combination.

I was wondering on your (and everyone else's) thoughts on this product, and whether adding it to pea protein to bump up the Aminos would be beneficial, or just pointless?

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/amino-acids/essential-amino-acids-eaas

By the way I have confirmed with the company that this product is 100% vegan, unflavoured and there's nothing else added, just synthesized aminos derived from plant sources (so not suitable for raw vegans I guess, but it doesn't bother me.)

I wish I could make my own mixes through True Protein, but the shipping to Australia is insane

Well I'm looking for something for post work out, and I really like my shakes with water, but if I wanted to make sure I'm getting all my aminos, would it be worth throwing it in there? I know most vegan protein ARE considered complete, but wouldn't this bump up the amino score? Is too much better than not enough?

I'm not really worried about cost, but this stuff is only $18 for 250g, and 1 serve is 5-20g... cheaper than tofu when your counting dollars per protein content anyway, haha!

• 4 weeks later...
Wow I love what you've done here!

The science behind it really intrigues me, and I also try to find the best amino combination.

I was wondering on your (and everyone else's) thoughts on this product, and whether adding it to pea protein to bump up the Aminos would be beneficial, or just pointless?

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/amino-acids/essential-amino-acids-eaas

By the way I have confirmed with the company that this product is 100% vegan, unflavoured and there's nothing else added, just synthesized aminos derived from plant sources (so not suitable for raw vegans I guess, but it doesn't bother me.)

I wish I could make my own mixes through True Protein, but the shipping to Australia is insane

I agree, I wish fitbits and bulknutrients would add that option to their sites.

• 4 months later...
Dried chlorella and spirulina seem to have a really high calorie and protein count, is it possible to pulverize them into a powder form to put into protein shakes and if so how would the taste be?

Also are these expensive ingredients?

I recently started using chlorella after reading about it in Brian Brazier's book "Thrive".

I bought it from nuts.com and it is expensive. But I haven't taken enough of it long enough to give an opinion on it. I didn't really start taking it for the protein, although it does have 5.8 grams of protein in .4 oz, but rather for the detoxifying benefits.