Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulking phase
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 am 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:
ps It's actually better clothed doing progress pics as my tattoo coverage...well covers me haha

Hahaha!

Sweet progress man, you are definately one of the people on this forum who are inspiring me.

Keep up the great progress!

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:31 am 
Gorilla

Oh and if you are wondering, still no Skyrim, I will have to wait until after Christmas now. :(

My Training Journal:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Gorilla

Nicholas_Weir wrote:
veggiesasquatch wrote:
ps It's actually better clothed doing progress pics as my tattoo coverage...well covers me haha

Hahaha!

Sweet progress man, you are definately one of the people on this forum who are inspiring me.

Keep up the great progress!

Nicholas thanks for the kind words, great motivation knowing that:)

Im really going to have to look into the macros of my diet. I weighed 64 kg roughly 5-6 months ago & today I weighed in at work round the 82/83kg mark. For now I'm just going to skim some carbs during the day. I break up from work for two weeks next week & it's just simply the wrong time of year to attempt any type of cut.

I'm not looking for a ripped look, I'm training purely for power/mass so for now I'll calorie cycle. Maint calories none lifting days & up them on lifting days.

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:26 am 
Gorilla

veggiesasquatch wrote:
I'm not looking for a ripped look, I'm training purely for power/mass so for now I'll calorie cycle. Maint calories none lifting days & up them on lifting days.

Good idea! I may also start caorie cycling, apparentlly it has a realy positive effect on lean gains! I think Derek Tresize is a bit of a fan of calorie cycling.

My Training Journal:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:35 am 
Gorilla

I tried reading more indepthly the other night but I was to tired taking the info in. I know how it works it was more how best to apply it.

I don't want to become obsessed with food again because when I dieted down from 91kg I became obsessed with calorie counting.

Now it's eat or be eaten lol so far today I only added half cup of oats to my mega shake & 1 & a half peanut butter sandwiches in stead of two. Kept my pasta to 100g dried weight though & tonight I won't have any carbs with my chilli (it has baked beans & kidney beans in anyway with a soya mince)

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:26 am 
Gorilla

First: sub'd! Awesome progress.

Second, my advice for calorie cycling is to eat above maintenance with higher carbs/low fat on lifting days since you need the fuel for your work outs and eat at or below maintenance with higher fat/lower carbs on rest days since the higher fat provides satiety when you're used to eating more. How much above/at/below maintenance depends on what your weight goals are, of course, but doing calorie cycling that did wonders for me when I was doing IF and I'm actually about to start doing what I said again as I bump up my calories (realizing you're eating way too low for your activity level is a bummer).

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am 
Gorilla

urughhh all this carb & fats stuffs starting to do my head in lol

Are we talking fats like avocados ect here? Can you give me a list of fats to get into my system? I do eat a lot of quorn stuff at the mo. I find I'm needing it doing this strength lifting phase...cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 am 
Gorilla

I meant besides the obvious fats like nuts ect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 am 
Gorilla

Any kind of fats would work, mate. Just find sources that you like. There's always nut butters, olive oil for cooking, avocados, seeds, hemp proteins, flax oils, dark chocolate, coconut milk, etc.

Maybe instead of tracking calories you should track your macros - it's what easier to put things into perspective that way, especially if you're cycling.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 am 
Gorilla

Cool I eat all the usual fats anyway was wondering if I had missed out on anything :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Gorilla

Hey all,
Prob my last post. After a bit of deliberation I have come to the conclusion I shall never be vegan. This is just a personal choice & thus feel to continue posting on here is hypocritical. The fulltime vegan just doesn't suit me. I will always endever to buy local organic as I have been for years.
Hope you all continue your training

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 pm 
Gorilla

I support you commitment to buying local organics - best of luck to you and I hope you keep up with lifting!

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:13 pm 
Gorilla

Thought I'd ressurect this bad boy, why not eh?

Haven't blogged in ages, quick catch up been running with strength trainin last few months. Becoming more more interested in what I can lift than a certain look. Also going to be training with strong men so all this is in mind eg no wrist wraps on pulling movements. In the last 8 months I have gained 21kg of mass & want to add more body weight still:) bulk bulk bulk lol
Seriously the heavier you get the more you can toss about!

First session week 1 on cycle 2 of Wendelrs 5/3/1, running with the programmed assistance lift template from 2nd edition. I will stress that I will not log any weights or reps for my assistance other than what movements I did because I simply don't care, these aren't deal breakers. The programmed assistance runs very much like 5/3/1 set up eg percentages of the lift: close grip based of 1rm of 95kg.

I will post some pics soon & also will put some food logs up as (if anyone who reads my posts on diets) Well so people can see what I'm shovelling down my trap. As always I'm not vegan but eggs ect are sourced from a couple I know, as is milk & cheese if you see it listed (perk of knowing country folk)

Any weights that I log over the next few weeks certainly wont be anything spectacular, anyone who's ran 5/3/1 knows its roughly 12ish weeks before your back to the maxes the lifts were based off of. This however allows for some rep records to be started :)

Body weight 84kg (rougly) Monday-6th-feb

Cycle 2 week 1 (3x5)

Quick blast on treadmill

Warmed up with lighter sets & some band stretches.

Military press: 32.5kg 37.5kg 42.5kg +9 reps (wide grip chins between warm up & working sets)
Close grip bench press (3x10) 40kg 50kg 60kg
Various chin up grips 3x10 (would do these weighted but chins between military drained me)

Assistance: seated cable row, tricep rope extensions, cable bicep curls (these virtually had no weight on)

I can't stress the assistance were very light, I personally wouldn't do so much but the assistance movements we're very easy & this is Wendlers template.

Millitary press was comfy, no problems with shoulder joint or weight (easy). I had completed this workout in under an hr.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 am 
Gorilla

Tuesday-7th-feb Cycle 2 week 1 (3x5)

Lifting while you work a job where the shift rota requires working 12hr night shift & 12 hr days sucks. No real sleep pattern & it screws up eating plans. This week I have the pleasure of working a minimum of 60 hrs....
Had slept 5 & a half hours today which was broken sleep but I dragged my ass to the gym before another 12hr stint:/

With my crappy week a head at work the plan was to just hit the required reps & get out, being against the clock before work tonight. Hit 6 reps instead of 5 on last set, plenty left in the tank but time against me. 

Dropping wrist straps has meant a lose of reps but......I feel my grip steadily improving. I'm willing to drop a few reps if it means my grip eventually catches up. Need the grip for strong man training.

Warmed up with a brisk walk then hit the treadmill for intermittent sprints. Then onto some foam rolling & band stretches. X3 lower weight set on deads to.

Deadlift: 80kg 92.5kg 105kg+6
Front squats (3x10): 37.5kg 45kg 50kg
Glute ham raise: 5x10

Nothing major again here fairly easy.

Little ab circuit: crunches with 25kg 25reps, side bends 25 reps a side with 20kg plate, cable crunch 10 reps 95plate & hanging leg raises for 10 reps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 am 
Gorilla

Thursday-9th-Feb cycle 2 week 1 (3x5)

Right to the gym after nights. Treadmill sprints, band stretches & lower weight for warm up. Hammer chins during warm up sets 

Barbell bench: 62.5kg 72.5kg 80kg+8

Incline bench (programmed assistance 3x10) 42.5kg 50kg 57.5kg

Kroc rows: (all per arm) warm up 2x10 16kg 1x26kg 25reps, stay at this weight till I get 40 reps 

Upper body assistance all 3x10: hammer strength lat pulls, dips 

Nothing earth shattering. All solid & comfy...cycle 3 has me starting to worry :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next