strawberries with fish genes in them!

Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.

When the French refused to buy American beef (because of the hormones and antibiotics, etc.) the WTO forced them to pay a fine to the US to make up for lost profits. WTF?

I thought WTO = "WORLD trade organization," not "let's do whatever the US wants organization"!

That's what happens when a country has as big of an ego as we do. From not complying with the UN to forcing others to do what we want. The sad part is that so few people speak up about these sorts of things. I mean, why would they? Being the superpower that we are, why be ethical when we can get what we want. It's ing...but people choose to be like sheep as long as we can buy IPods and fast cars. I'm terrified that some country isn't going to stand for our bullying soon and take action.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm terrified that some country isn't going to stand for our bullying soon and take action.

I would bet that most Americans (not me!) wouldn't see it as bullying. WE are in the right. WE have a (God-given) right to tell others what to do. It is our manifest destiny!

But...why do other countries hate us? Poor little us. WE didn't do anything!

I think this is how it always works. Any system that gives the most powerful the incentive to act in this way of course acts in this way. This is how it's always been, just right now there is no balance of power that the USSR once provided so the US is being more of a bully.

People don't do anything because they don't know. The MSM censors these issues.

Some places in Europe have disallowed GMO's. I just wish the US would follow in those footsteps.

Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.

Not only is the US trying to force the EU ( probably the rest of the world too no doubt ) to buy GM produce, but it will also be unlabelled so food producers and consumers won't even be able to avoid it.......