Hello from Bloomfield Hills

GWork42

Hello. I am currently eating vegetarian, working to eat vegan.

It all started back in late spring 2011. I was 215 lbs. and said I had enough. I have been training with weights on and off since 1986. I was in the Marine Corps Reserve while in college. I was active. In 2004, my wife and I completed Body for Life. I lost 25 lbs. to get to 180 lbs. Over the years, I stopped seriously training and my nutrition became a see food diet. If I saw, I would eat it. When got on the scale that one day in May, I went enough. My wife began eating vegetarian after reading "Veganist." I decided to limit myself to eating meat once a day and to get back in training. In August, I watched "Forks Over Knives." It completely changed my view of eating vegan. In September, I shifted my nutrition to a vegetarian diet. I did get very nervous about getting enough protein for my training program. I lifted weights three days per week and ran for 30 to 45 minutes on days not lifting weights, with one day off for recovery. I began looking for articles on plant based protein and found "Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness." I bought a copy and read it from cover to cover. I quickly realized that I have unlimited options for protein on a plant based diet.

Not only do I weight train and run, I also play lacrosse. So being in shape is very important. I need to be able to run all out for 3 to 5 minutes at a time.

My fitness goal for 2012 is to be 185 lbs. with less than 10% body fat. I am excited for my training program and eating a whole food, plant based diet. It will be quite an adventure. One that I am looking forward to taking with my wife.

Phil 4:13

Welcome to our group!

So glad that Forks Over Knives and my book were helpful resources. Pumped to have you here. This has been a fun community for so many of us to interact with one another over the past seven years.

There are a lot of great people with a lot of great info here.

All the best!

Robert