vegan power!

bluekittie

Hello Vegan Bodybuilding community! I have finally decided to join the team and quit lurking on user's posts without providing my personal feedback. Ha! My name is Juan and I have been vegan for 4 years now (soon 5). I live in the Inland Empire which is located 45 minutes east of Los Angeles. After 4 long years of 'activism' I now feel like taking a break and doing something better for my scrawny self. Sort of like approaching a new style of activism. Never did it occur to me, during my early years of veganism, to participate in fitness and to present myself as a healthy vegan. It is not to say I was unhealthy or some walking twig, but I definitely felt it was time to step it up and break the typical vegan body stereotype.

Recently, at my local college I took yoga classes and a weight training course. All in which have helped me quit being a couch potato. It sure has helped me to get on my feet and start breaking a sweat. As of now, I'm trying to develop my mini home gym because I do not have a gym membership yet. So far I have: swiss ball, adjustable dumbbells, iron gym, furniture sliders, and soon getting my old bench press back.

Glad to be part of this community! Please don't be afraid to post comments, concerns and advice. I will greatly appreciate it. Hope to make new friends!

Welcome Juan!

Great to have you here!

Thanks for being part of our community. Hope you enjoy the forum! I used to live out in LA multiple times, but these days heading to Texas, though visiting LA next month.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Robert

Hello Karen! Thank you so much. I really do have big goals for this upcoming new year. However, I have been behind since I have not written them down. I believe this can help speed the process and remind me daily what it is I must accomplish. Where do you live now? We should workout!