Who from this community competes in Bodybuilding, Figure?

robert

Not yet. However, I turned 23 today and wrote out the goals I want to achieve this year; becoming as strong as possible and entering into powerlifting competitions/meets were my number one and two.

Definitely want to see who else is out there already doing it and who is working toward similar goals.

I would love to compete and this coming year I was hoping could be my first but another injury, this time to my right trap or a tendon off my clavicle held me back. What next? It seems to be one thing after another holding me back from a dream. I lost a ton of upper body muscle mass in the last 5 months as a result and still can't get it back due to this nagging injury. I have had to stay with light weights in all upper body movements the last 5 months and I look like a shell of my former self. I looked great last July before injury. Hopefully one of these days I can be healthy enough to compete.

I am sure I will need to be at least 220 lbs in order to compete so I still have more weight to gain. I am only a tiny 205 right now.

I have my eye on a contest June 9. It would be my first and I'd like to be in the BB category; I can't wear high heels to save my life. Currently 150 lbs, 5'4, age 27, female, and my training is logged under "Big Meech Gets Huge". Hopefully I have developed enough off season size to make this work, although I've only been lifting since August 2010, and my various approaches until very recently have included way too much cardio (addicted to running for a long time), too little protein/food in general, and what has been described to me as "overtraining", although throughout those months I've always recieved comments about my strength/size. I am mentally preparing for cutting but have a lot of questions about types of cardio I am supposed to do. I love to jog and could easily log ten miles a day but I've heard that that approach might not be ideal for bodybuilding, and that I should concentrate on stair climbers, ellipticals, bikes, and sprinting. I also have questions about macros, when to stop creatine, supplements in general, carb depletion/loading, and if I should do a 12-week or 16 week cut. Also right now as far as training goes I have a good four-day split but I'll need a new one developed starting in March. The plan for food is sweet potatoes, brown rice, tempeh, veggies, beans, tofu, post-workout shake, lots of water, coffee, green tea, no sodium, with carbs concentrated in the morning, and between 1700-1300 calories, tapered down. I've been eating about 2500-3000 calories daily right now with no cardio and my weight has been maintaining at around 150. I found posing classes for $25 bucks a pop. Any feedback would be appreciated! Robert, I need to go back into your book and re-read your cutting chapter, I'm sure that may answer some of my questions.

I'm preparing for a May 19th show...probably figure (but can't find vegan figure shoes! They all have pig suede. Can anyone help?)

Motivation, high, despite breaking 3 rib cartilage 4 months ago at the gym which is still really painful but not affecting workouts.

Robert's book was my inspiration...I gained 10 lbs muscle, clean bulking, in 5 months since reading it...It never occurred to me that I could be anything but scrawny.

• 1 month later...