Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Heavygan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 pm 
Gorilla

Lots of Hatebreed, Blacklisted, Pantera, Glassjaw, and a few guilty "tough guy" pleasures thrown in there for good measure (see yesterday's playlist for proof).

Quote: “

Motivation: Skyyyyy high. Tried to Vega Pre-Work Energizer Robert sent with my VBB shirt. Maybe it was psychological but I definitely was ready go to.

Playlist: Apart - Only Revolutions
Glassjaw - EYEWTKAS
Trapped Under Ice - Big Kiss Goodnight

Work out:
Crossramp (Whatever that thing is - it was the only cardio type thing open)
10 minutes/90 calories

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press
1x8x45
1x3x50
2x3x55
3x2x55
1x1x55
Super-setted with …

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press

2x8x20

Barbell Bench Press
1x8x45
1x5x50
1x5x60
3x3x65
1x2x65
1x3x65
1x2x65
Super-setted with …

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

1x4x20
2x4x15
1x4x20

Bent Over Barbell Rows
1x8x55
1x5x65
1x5x75
3x4x80
1x3x90
1x4x80
1x3x80
2x8x25

Super-setted with …

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

2x8x25

Notes:[/i]
Serious improvement here and I am beyond pleased with it.
That said, rows would have been a lot better had my back/legs not felt so beaten from my deadlifts yesterday. Definitely considering moving lifts around yet again to try and figure everything out.
Also, today’s macros were the first attempt to reflect the previous post and, to be honest, it was a challenge. I really need to work on eating a bigger meal early in the day instead of trying to squeeze a ton of calories in at night.

Macros: 51/156/172

Food n00dz:
Nothing to write home about.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm 
Elephant

vegansludge wrote:
Bent Over Barbell Rows
1x8x55
1x5x65
1x5x75
3x4x80
1x3x90
1x4x80
1x3x80
2x8x25

Super-setted with …

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

2x8x25

Notes:[/i]
Serious improvement here and I am beyond pleased with it.
That said, rows would have been a lot better had my back/legs not felt so beaten from my deadlifts yesterday. Definitely considering moving lifts around yet again to try and figure everything out.
Also, today’s macros were the first attempt to reflect the previous post and, to be honest, it was a challenge. I really need to work on eating a bigger meal early in the day instead of trying to squeeze a ton of calories in at night.

Macros: 51/156/172

fat/protein/carbs? for macros right?

Good job on the barbell rows! Supersets are a killer workout, but they may be taking away from how much you can actually lift as opposed to if each exercise is isolated and there is plenty of rest in between. Nevertheless you are still blasting your muscles!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:54 pm 
Gorilla

God!

GG, I could never get through that much rowing in one session!

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 pm 
Gorilla

I always go in trying to nail 5x5 with whatever new poundage but then, if I can't, I just listen to my body (I'm big on adaptive training) and the super-sets are more like burn sets anyway. I generally spend a lot more time resting between different lifts since I find that my energy stays higher with short rests in between sets. It sounds crazy but it's been working great for me.

Hypertrophy days are going to change from less sets to heavier weights on everything but my "big" lifts to make sure I'm lifting as heavy as possible. Though, I'm definitely thinking about following PHAT more closely and not going for 5+ sets on power days and see what happens. Something tells me I might stall on squats soon and I want to push those as far as I can before I have to deload on them.

Edited to add: jungle - yeah, F/P/C. I'm going to post up my new "game plan" for the next 12 months (not resolutions, though, because I don't need the new year as a reason to improve - it's just timed that way) that will include how I'm going to set my macros to accommodate me increasing calories.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 pm 
Gorilla

12.28.11 Rest(less) Day
Days when I do not walk through the gym door make me anxious. Luckily, instead of being stuck behind a cash register at work today, I got to help out in the grocery department, re-stocking shelves and helping customers find things they were looking for – much better than standing in one place for eight hours at a time.

Eats were eats until dinner. I actually, somehow, managed to come home at 10:00 p.m. and throw together something extremely tasty.

Regarding how I will be adjusting my macros to increase to 2,000 calories: to properly evaluate how I want to handle continuously increasing my calories, I’m going to do two weeks with high CHO and then two weeks with high fat and then evaluate which of the two gives me the best results (mentally and physically).

Macros: 42/188/172

Though, there were also 59g of fiber so I could have done with some more carbs, I’m only 172 calories shy of my increase and, since I didn’t lift, I’ll take it. Tomorrow I should be able to hit 2,000 no problem.

Food voodoo, kamut cakes, and coffee.

Eat dinner like a king: tofu steaks, tempeh bacon, Brussels sprouts, and eggplant fries.

I feel bad for people who don't eat ice cream on rest days.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 pm 
Elephant

omg you are an aamazing cook

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:38 pm 
Manatee

MattSxvx wrote:
Hatebreed, terror, ringworm, and 100 demons guide me through my workouts.

Add new Earth Crisis, All Out War, Trapped Under Ice and the new Foundation record and that's pretty much my lifting music also.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 pm 
Gorilla

Meech - No way! I'm still working on it all and I've had less and less time to cook recently. Trying to get back at it.

Matt & Chris - We should find a gym that's in a central location to all of us, take over the sound system, and lift together. It'd be nice to not worry about my iPod headphones getting my way when I'm doing front squats.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 pm 
Gorilla

Quote: “If my mind’s the weapon, then my heart’s the extra clip.” – The Movielife

Two really great things happened today: I not only got eight hours of sleep last night for the first time in ages, but it was also my first full, non-holiday, day off from both jobs in just about as long. Knowing I only had to take care of the things I wanted/needed to while been much more rested than usual meant three things: it was time to do some serious work, inside and outside the gym.

While none of today’s lifts were anything to write home about, I was exceptionally pleased with the session. Form is improving on regular and front squats, my chest/tri and bis are starting to feel stronger, and my body doesn’t feel quite as beaten from this split any more – meaning numbers should, ideally, keep going up.

I also didn’t feel pressed for time during today’s session: I knew exactly how the rest of my day was going to go and I already had done a lot of what I needed to before walking into the gym. I always try to “leave it all outside the door” but some days it is easier said than done. Today it was easy.

In addition to the gym, I also was able to read and note Leslie Heywood’s Bodymakers (an excellent sociological analysis of female bodybuilding), work on a couple of VeganAtlas articles, make myself a great dinner and dessert, and start thinking about my 2012 goals more in depth (which I'll putting up on here and on my tumblr). All-in-all, solid day and I still haven't even had dessert!

Work out:
Crossramp
10 minutes/95 calories

Dumbbell Bench Press
1x3x25 (Grabbed the wrong amount of weight; didn’t realize it until after the set. Pleased.)

Had to move to barbell because someone else was using the one set of 20s my gym has …

Barbell Bench Press
3x10x45

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
1x4x20
1x5x20
1x4x20
1x8x15

Hammer Dumbbell Curl
1x10x20 (Rep increase; time to move up to 25lbs)
1x8x20
1x6x20

Machine Chest Press
2x10x60
(Not sure how helpful these actually are. Will probably switch to flys next week.)

Machine Triceps Extension
1x12x30
1x9x40
(People hogging the dumbbells; I know I can’t do this much weight with DBs.)

EZ-Bar Curl
2x10x40 (These felt like nothing. Weird.)

Barbell Squat
2x8x100 (Speed with form focus.)

Front Squat
1x10x70
1x8x75 (Weight increase/more reps than I expected/Ifuckinglovethese.)

Seated Calf Raise
2x12x145 (Thisisn’treallife.)

Incline Leg Press
2x10x180

Super-set

Leg Press

2x5x145

Seated Leg Curl
2x10x90 (Rep increase for sure)

Macros: 38/147/184 (thus far)
I made the biggest thing of curry ever tonight.

To put it into perspective, it's next to a 28 oz. bottle of Sriracha.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:53 pm 
Manatee

vegansludge wrote:
Meech - No way! I'm still working on it all and I've had less and less time to cook recently. Trying to get back at it.

Matt & Chris - We should find a gym that's in a central location to all of us, take over the sound system, and lift together. It'd be nice to not worry about my iPod headphones getting my way when I'm doing front squats.

My gym has been playing the worst music possible lately. It doesn't bother me because when I am doing cardio I watch ESPN and when I lift it's whatever is on the ipod but when I walk in or talk to people it's painful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 am 
Gorilla

Gosh, now I want to make tofu steaks and eat the rest of my vanilla ice-cream!

Nice eats mate, good to see weight and rep increases :)

My Training Journal:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:22 am 
Gorilla

xChrisZx wrote:
vegansludge wrote:

My gym has been playing the worst music possible lately. It doesn't bother me because when I am doing cardio I watch ESPN and when I lift it's whatever is on the ipod but when I walk in or talk to people it's painful.

Yo Iron Rain rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 am 
Gorilla

If I ever come to the states could you must cook me dinner :)

My Training Journal:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:09 am 
Manatee

MattSxvx wrote:
xChrisZx wrote:
vegansludge wrote:

Yo Iron Rain rules

Thanks dude!
Hopefully they finish their full length soon so I can get that out for them. What I have heard so far is so damn heavy.

I am actually wearing my Iron Rain tank top to the gym today

I have been thinking about doing some Vegan Bodybuilding shirts in the same design.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 am 
Gorilla

Dude that shirt rules. I would wear that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next