Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: No More Excuses Journal!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm 
Elephant

Well the last date I posted should be scary enough to get me back into action. As usual it takes a friend to knock a little sense into me. I am very excited about Robert's 12 days of veganbodybuilding, so I had no choice but to join. I don't want to embarrass myself so I'm going to put a lot of effort into it. This could be a bit tough as I'm visiting my family for the next 2 weeks in Delaware, and it's not exactly a vegan friendly place, but I will make it work somehow.
Also don't have regular gym access, but I hope I can do most things at the house.
So wish me luck, and maybe its the kick in the butt that I need!

Post subject: Re: 12 Days to 12 months in 2012!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 pm 
Elephant

I found the 12 days section, and the training, and nutrition which will be difficult but I will figure it out since I'm home for the holiday, with limited access to getting around. Ran a bit with my niece outside not as much as I need to but it was probably around 5 minutes or so. Now I have to find a quiet place that I can do some lunges, jumping jacks, bicycle crunches etc.

Completed the exercise portion for day one, and I am more tired than I thought I would be. Of course I don't usually do ten sets when I exercise. Now comes the hard part finding something relatively healthy and vegan in this area. Went to Trader Joe's this morning, and my mom is now in agreement that they don't really cater to vegans, with them its all about organics. With no Whole Foods nearby just being vegan is a challenge, but when you add eating relatively healthy its near impossible, especially since I don't like the kitchen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:00 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday I was in New York for the day with my mom and aunt. We walked a lot, but that was the extent of my exercise for the day.
But thanks to my android I was able to check out veganbodybuilding, and still participate and learn from the 12 days of veganbodybuilding event.

New York is full of vegan goodness, and it was overwhelming trying to figure out where to go. For lunch we ended up at Otarian Cafe, near Central Park, because we had walked from the Port Authority area, through the theater district, and Times Square, so we were famished and also needed to find a restroom, which are few in Manhattan,

Then for dinner after our 4 hour tour we stopped at Maoz, a middle eastern restaurant in the theater district and got a falafel wrap. I can't lie I also got their vegan rice pudding, it was so so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:04 pm 
Elephant

hsorlando wrote:
Yesterday I was in New York for the day

Then for dinner after our 4 hour tour we stopped at Maoz, a middle eastern restaurant in the theater district and got a falafel wrap. I can't lie I also got their vegan rice pudding, it was so so.

Nice! Now you are all fueled up and ready to go for the next training session 8)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:22 pm 
Elephant

I definitely need it after today, too much junk, and no workout makes me "not a happy camper"! Might get someone to drop me off at the nearest YMCA tomorrow so I can go as an out of state guest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm 
Elephant

Visiting family in the suburbs of Wilmington and not having transportation isn't getting me to the gym as much as I'd like. I did get there yesterday though with my mom, and we tried out a Zumba class that my mom was very glad she could do without too much effort. Then we toured the YMCA, and I found out my membership was expired at the one that I go to in Orlando Anyway I think I will check another health club in this area and see what they have to offer, compared to the YMCA. There's always Planet Fitness, but since my mom enjoys classes that's not really an option.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 pm 
Elephant

The best thing about this week is that I am sick of eating junk food, because its the only vegan option I have, and I can't wait to get back to Orlando, and back to eating better. And the gym!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:27 pm 
Elephant

Not sure if it counts for a workout but I ran around outside after my nieces today, and walked around our block while they road their bikes. After ten days my mom found the Amy's vegan pot pies at an Acme grocery store. I was starting to think it was a figment of her imagination that any grocery store in Wilmington actually carried them. I also found an apartment listing in the Downtown Orlando area. The reason I'm listing this in my blog is that if I get my own place I will have my own kitchen! Yeah, smoothies here I come! Right now the place I'm staying at is far from ideal. I leave around 730am, and don't get back for a solid 12 hours, 4 hours being the commute via the bus.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:20 pm 
Elephant

Tomorrow I return to Florida, and eating good! I ate terribly during the holidays, and I'm not making excuses, but I am ready to get back on track! Its funny that when you eat better you don't realize how eating badly for too long makes you feel awful. Anyway I have a lot of things to do in Orlando, including finding my own place, so I can have my own kitchen. For me that is half my problem, not having my own kitchen so I can make smoothies, live on Vega, and actually attempt cooking. I am looking forward to this year. I am looking forward to accomplishing a lot at the gym, and having my body yield the results.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:12 pm 
Elephant

Today I went grocery shopping, and I didn't buy any treats! I also found out that the week I am on Spring break is also the week of the Vegan Cruise. I don't know where I will get the money, but I am planning on being on that cruise, and being in much better shape than I am right now. So I am going all out, and tomorrow when I return to the gym, I will be going full force.
I still don't have my own place, but I have to start eating better, so I bought fruit, soy milk, soy yogurt, hummus, carrots, black bean soup, oatmeal, and stuff for vegan meals with plant protein like the Gardein veggie burgers, vegan chili, vegan cheese, etc, but no dessert items!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm 
Elephant

On my way to the gym, by foot. Haven't eaten a whole lot today so hopefully I will have a lot of energy anyway. Taking two classes probably, more details later.
Here's what I did tonight. My first workout of 2012! YEAH!!!!

walked about a mile to the gym
Step (55 minute group exercise class) some people may think this is a workout for sissies, but if you get the right instructor it can and will be a kickbutt workout! It was full of cardio and lots of endurance type movements like plyometric squats, and jumping jacks, and lunges.
Immediately after that class I stayed for Body Pump, along with the same instructor.I don't go as heavy when the classes have no break between them. One class is hard enough but two is near impossible. For those that don't know BP always has the same arrangement. Each track is focused on one major body part. Here's what I did. Each track is usually 4-6 minutes long, and sometimes no breaks.
Warmup- light barbell mine was 20lbs- deadlifts, dead rows, upright rows, shoulder presses, squats, lunges, bent over rows, bicep curls
Squats- 35lb barbell
chest- 30lb bb
back- 30lb bb dead lifts, dead rows, clean and presses,
triceps- used 10lb plate in lap for dips off bench, then used weight for tricep extensions, 20 lb bb for skull crushers, and tricep press
biceps- 20lb bb
lunges, and more squats in this lunge track 20lb bb
shoulders-I hate shoulders! 20 lb bb, but started on one knee with different types of lateral raises, then grabbed bar and hammered out a bunch of overhead presses that my body does not like to do. Then hit the floor for push ups.
abdominals- lots of ab curls, bicycle crunches, etc oh and planks which my right shoulder is not letting me do very well. My abs hurt!
stretching- the best part of the workout!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 pm 
Elephant

Didn't have any time to update yesterday. I could lie and say I got to the gym, but I wont! LOL. I wanted to but my schedule got all messed up, but I did mange to walk outside for close to 2-2.5 miles, so I wasn't completely sedentary. I also forgot part of my lunch, and didn't want to fall over from hunger at the gym.

Today I am taking a 45 minute Spin class at 430pm. Not sure how the instructor will be, but at least its 45 minutes of burning calories.

I so did not feel like going to the gym, but I did! I took a 45 minute Spin class, and then I started my bus trip back to where I'm currently living.

Tomorrow I get off early, and I am walking, with possible intervals of running around Downtown and my goal isn't miles, or speed its to find an apartment, so my life will once again belong to me and not the bus schedules.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 pm 
Elephant

Today I power walked around the Downtown area for about 4 miles while I searched for apartments for rent. Then I did a quick chest workout which looked like this.
3 sets chest press 15lb db- 15 reps each
3 sets chest flys 10 lb db 15-reps each
3 sets incline chest press- 10lb db- 15 reps each set
15 pushups on knees
30 pushups using stability ball
stretch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 pm 
Elephant

Don't even get me started about this morning! :roll: I thought someone was going to drop me off at the gym, so I didn't take the bus, but then they offered to drop me off part way, Really? By then I couldn't make it to yoga, so much for relaxing/destressing. But I persevered, and still went to the Y.

My workout consisted of 45 minutes of cardio on a precor machine, which said I burned 332 calories. Not very good, but at least I did something.
Now I am at Drunken Monkey, on my laptop, and trying to be good and not buy any vegan brownies. So far I've had a small vegan breakfast burrito, organic coffee, and a vegan mixed berry muffin.

Tomorrow is a new Body Pump release so that's why I didn't do any weights today.

Now I have to continue my search for a place to rent downtown, or else I can go crazy and stay where I am.

Post subject: Re: HSOrlandos 2012 Journal to end all journals!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 pm 
Elephant

Happy house hunting. Good to see your posts and perseverance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next