12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - December 20-31, 2011
To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.
Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.Full details here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26972Day 10 of The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - Daily Inspiration From Robert Cheeke's Best-Selling book Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - The Complete Guide To Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet:Robert’s Top 10 Reasons to Go Vegan!
1. It is the nice thing to do. Harming animals is not very nice and is in fact very mean and cruel.
2. Eating plants rather than animals is a more long-term, sustainable solution for our planet.
3. A plant-based diet is natural: If children had to witness the slaughter of animals, they would likely never want to be part of anything related to animal cruelty. Our most honest and sincere citizens can often tell what is right and what is wrong, and we can learn from them.
4. Going vegan enables you to become part of a new community of other like-minded people determined to impact the world in positive ways. It's always fun to join a new group of people, make new friends, and be part of something productive.
5. In most cases animals can't defend themselves against the human’s bullying ways, be it related to factory farming or animal testing or other areas of mistreatment. Going vegan and standing up for animals gives them hope and gives them a chance to live a free life like humans get to live.
6. You will likely not be one of the 200 million people in the United States who are suffering from diet-related illnesses (obesity, high cholesterol, heart problems, the clogging of arteries, etc.) if you follow a plant-based whole food diet.
7. You will have more meaning in your life knowing you’re making a difference in the lives of many animals simply by not killing them or having someone else kill them for you.
8. If you had to kill an animal with your bare hands each and every time you wanted to eat meat, you probably couldn’t do it; therefore you probably shouldn’t eat it.
9. Becoming vegan makes you stand out and break away from the norm. It makes you become more marketable as an athlete, more unique as an individual, and makes you more well rounded as it adds another interesting component to your lifestyle.
10. A diet higher in carbohydrates provides more energy, and plant-based whole foods are packed full of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, protein and essential fats.
Robert’s Reasons to Begin Bodybuilding
When you start anything new for the first time, always know why you’re doing it and what you hope to accomplish as a result. Weigh out the pros and cons and check in with your heart to see if it is something worth pursuing. Life is extremely short, and you should be doing the things that give you the most fulfillment. Bodybuilding can be one of those things; it has been for me. Most of the greatest days of my life are related to the life that I have created for myself as a vegan bodybuilder. The greatest ways I’m able to contribute are directly related to my outreach as a public figure and vegan bodybuilder, and that means the world to me. But it doesn’t mean it’s the perfect or ideal lifestyle for you, which is why honestly evaluating your decision to begin bodybuilding is of epic importance.
Bodybuilding isn’t easy, and nobody can say that it is, unless they are describing it at its basic level: eat, train, sleep, and repeat. It is easier said than done. Overall, bodybuilding challenges your body and character, making you stronger as a result.
A bodybuilding lifestyle provides countless opportunities because people with a fit and muscular physique are few and far between on a global level. We are a small group and have wonderful opportunities that await us in sports and entertainment. We have the ability to be natural leaders and role models, and we have the power to influence change and make a difference in industries we care about.
Like any other competitive sport or lifestyle, bodybuilding demands commitment and consistency in practice for improvement. Most who aspire to be bodybuilders never make it to the bodybuilding stage because of the challenges that lie ahead and the sheer workload and dedication that it takes. One doesn’t have to get on stage to get great fulfillment from bodybuilding and lifting weights, but from experience I can say that competing on stage is one of the greatest levels of fulfillment to be achieved in the sport of bodybuilding.
If a bodybuilding lifestyle is for you and something you want to pursue, then my suggestion is that you go for it with all the enthusiasm you can muster and with a detailed plan in mind. Start slowly, and understand that you have to ease into any new type of athletic training program. Know that results won’t happen overnight but will take time and patience. Learn from those who have achieved what you plan to achieve, and ask a lot of questions of those with more experience. Set specific goals and visions for exactly what you want to get out of it and work toward those goals every day and every night until you achieve them. Then, set a higher standard for new visions that will take you to the next level. Enjoy your bodybuilding experience. By nature, bodybuilding has many ups and downs; set out to have far more ups and far more good days. Keep a positive outlook, and those good days will become a reality even through those challenging times. Be safe; have fun; inspire others, and make the most of your opportunity to prove something to yourself and to make a difference through the positive influence you’ll have on others. Robert’s Top 10 Reasons to Begin Bodybuilding
1. Bodybuilding will make you a stronger person both mentally and physically.
2. Living a bodybuilding lifestyle gives you something meaningful to work toward everyday.
3. From my experience, because of the work ethic involved in bodybuilding, bodybuilders tend to be more successful in other areas of life that require discipline and focus.
4. Bodybuilding is a way to meet lots of new people from your frequent visits to the gym, when shopping for food, and while interacting with other bodybuilders online and in person at classes and competitions.
5. Bodybuilding is one of the best ways to dramatically improve your physique to something more desirable.
6. The sport of bodybuilding provides lifestyle opportunities you may not have had before. You could be featured on websites and in magazines. You could receive offers to represent companies and products as a result of having a physique that stands out. A variety of unexpected opportunities may arise.
7. A bodybuilding lifestyle gives you one more area of life that is unique that you can refer to and say, “I’ve done that before.” Not many people can say they are bodybuilders; you will be in an elite group.
8. Competing on stage as a bodybuilder is a lot of fun and worth experiencing at least once in your life.
9. Lifting weights regularly will inspire others around you such as your partner, children, parents, or friends to do the same. You'll be helping others get healthier as a by-product of your own efforts in the gym.
10. Weight training can be a very healthy activity to keep your muscles, joints, bones, lungs, and heart in good shape throughout your life.Quote of the DayFrom Robert Cheeke's Best-Selling book Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - The Complete Guide To Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet:
“Be consistent with your training to allow your body the chance to adapt. When you’re doing the best exercises, you’ll find that they are exhausting. This is not by accident. In many cases, the harder we work the more we achieve. This isn’t always true, but it rings true in the gym regularly. These power exercises will wear you out, but if you get enough rest, enough food, and have enough enthusiasm, you’ll keep consistent and see real progress.” – Robert Cheeke Success Tip of the DayFrom Robert Cheeke's new book Think Differently, due out in 2012:
"Understand the difference between success and failure is simply an ‘’t’ added to an otherwise powerful, enabling word." -Robert CheekeVideo Trailer for Robert's Book
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6NUAie ... r_embedded-Robert Cheeke
@RobertCheeke on TwitterCheck back for tomorrow's updates!http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum