NewEnglandWickedVeganCrossfitah

Been CrossFitting for one year and I love it!!! Background is in running and soccer. The last month has been a little slow for me...with a move, starting a business and two kids (6yr and 1yr old) I've only been getting in a few WOD's (Workout of the Day) a week. However I've been working on my weaknesses very regularly at home; strength training with the Olympic and Power lifts and working on my Goats daily (the least forgiving/least favorite exercises of which I need much work) which are body weight movements like pushups, strict ring dips and Handstand Pushups. My goal is to maintain my spot on my gym's team and make it back to the NorthEast CrossFit Regionals this year...with consistent work over the next month and a half and cleaning up the diet just a hair I feel confident I can make a comeback from the little hiatus I've had over the last month. I have been Vegan for 4 years and at this point am mostly raw. Looking forward to journaling and learning from other vegan athletes!!!

Female Age 34

Height- 5'10"

Weight- 145#

CrossFitting for 1 year.

A few benchmark PR's. All done at Female Rx'd weight/skill.

Fran- 4:57

Nancy- 13:18

Annie-6:07

Kelly-26:33 over Rx'd with 24" box

Helen-9:41

Badger-27:29

Consecutive Double Unders- 162

20 consecutive chest to floor pushups

30 consecutive kipping pullups

8 strict pullups

7 strict ring dips

10 consecutive Hand Stand PushUps

1mile run- 5:56

5k run-19:51

500meter row- 1:42

Strength 1RepMaxes 2months ago

Clean and Jerk- 135#

Clean-140#

Bench-105#

OverheadSquat-125#

Backsquat-190# with a belt

Shoulder Press- 85#

Deadlift- 245# with a belt

Frontsquat-its been a while for a 1RM

• 9 months later...

No doubt. From what I hear from my crossfitting friends (who are both vegetarians who I am trying to convince to stop eating all animal products), the paleos have a big say there. They routinely catch a lot of crap from them. They tell me stories about how they brag about eating pounds of bacon or tons of tuna/seafood. I'm always amazed (beyond the blatant disregard for animals) because I wasn't aware that eaters in the Paleolithic times salt-cured pig flesh and ate foods hundreds of miles outside their community (we live in AZ, so seafood is nonsensical, considering it's not even remotely local). But, I am sure I don't need to point out the logistical fallacies of the diet to this crowd. Just felt like ranting. Awesome routine.

• 11 months later...

Ah this is a shame, I was looking forward to chatting to another vegan crossfitter, especially one that qualified for regionals! That's such a great achievement, and great to see a vegan doing that in a sport full of meat.

Those are some damn good numbers for the benchmark workouts too!

• 1 month later...