BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol@the kale...

I brought in kale chips once, the shit i got for eating stuff that's natural..especially when the crap is coming from someone eating grounded up pig guts in a condom :P

I am CONSTANTLY getting comments on how healthy my food looks, total strangers from the different companies on my floor stop, stare, and ooh and ahh. It's like they've never seen people eat healthy food.

I prepare it fresh, so they watch me chop up the cucumbers, add the kale...it's like they've never seen real food before.

Food log so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1 scoop chocolate Sunwarrior warrior protein, one small banana, 1 cup mint chocolate soy milk in a blender with ice.

Snack: 1 toasted Ezekiel bread with natural PB.

Lunch: the leaning tower of baby spinach, kale, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, roasted salted pepita seeds, 1/2 avocado, oil free hummus, diced cucumbers, and Annie Organic's Goddess dressing.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 Lulu's raw chocolate and almond bar.

Given it's almost Christmas when I will be chowing down on vegan eggplant parm (my guily pleasure made with Daiya cheese OM NOM NOM) I am tempted to do something that's a treat tonight but don't want to overdo it. Hm.

Dinner: went with Tofurky hickory smoked "turkey" with homemade garlic aioli with baby spinach on toasted slices of Ezekiel bread.

Had four double chocolate chip cookies I made. They were small. And I had to test to make sure they were okay for my relatives to consume....

Workouts:

Morning: Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth yoga. I love it, 45 min of P90X yoga versus 90. <3

Edited by BlueRose

Okay! I have some progress pics. The changes are subtle, it's only been a little over a month of P90X plus I was sick for two weeks. But I can see a diff:

Before:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-201b.jpg

After:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/2011-12-2340daysP90Xd.jpg

Before:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-2011.jpg

After:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/2011-12-2340daysP90Xc.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/2011-12-2340daysP90Xb.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/2011-12-2340daysP90Xa.jpg

My arms are definitely more toned. Those are honestly the hardest for me to tone along with my glutes, so the fact that there's progress makes me want to do the happy dance. I'm also seeing the ab definition again, something I was starting to lose after I lost the 24 or so pounds.

I'll take another set in a month's time.

So on Saturday before I left, I did Kenpo Cardio Plus. Great workout!! I even ate healthy food along the way, too.

And I got there and found out the huge amounts of food my mom had made for me? She had left it at home. All I had to eat while I was there were bagels, pasta, the double chocolate chip cookies I made, and some veggie lentil soup. Oh yeah, and some small oranges and cucumbers.

That's it. D:

Naturally, not enough. So I ate a few more cookies than planned, but the bagels and pasta killed me. I woke up on Sunday night in the middle of the night in amazing quantities of stomach pain. Two days in a row of wheat products did me in.

I spent my day today eating at the Organic Garden in Beverly, all raw organic food, 99% vegan. I eat of the 99%.

I am also freakin' EXHAUSTED, and my head is pounding. I'm guessing 60% of it is dehydration and the rest is just my body feeling amazing amounts of ick after eating certain foods and types of foods after subjecting it to all of that healthy goodness it loved so much. Also, the six hour car ride yesterday killed me. I'm going to do a morning workout tomorrow, plus an evening if I can manage it.

Good news, though: I didn't eat to the point where I was full or worse, I ate to the point of comfort. I've long found that if you indulge, indulging to excess will not help.

You're kicking butt!

Keep rocking!

Thank you!! I am trying. I HATE this time of year with a passion, but if there's anything that gets me through it, it's the right foods and staying active. Usually around this time I am gaining weight, not maintaining or losing. So I am really freakin' grateful I am finally no longer undoing a full year's worth of work!

Stomach in amazing amounts of pain. I don't know if it's just being super finicky, I ate something off, I ate too much of something, I don't know what. I do know that I look forward to going to the supermarket tomorrow to buy some nice, healthy food because I think my body is happiest on a raw diet with wheat and gluten being sometimes foods.

Trying to learn what my body likes and doesn't like in terms of food is a serious pain...no pun intended. I had a serious amount of Gardein beefless tips then the veggie parm casserole thing...maybe it's rebelling?

I'm going to go drink tea and pray it goes away....

I am definitely coming down with something. I loaded up on fruit, fruit smoothies, liquids, and soups yesterday as I had a pounding headache, a mild fever, and just kept sleeping and sleeping.

I feel loads better today and plan to do something awesome in my fitness room/basement but not so awesome I relapse.

I truly hate this time of year with a passion.

Greens, lots of greens! And rest. There is no point exercising if it kills you :S

Last night I actually did not require 12 hours of sleep and felt like I actually slept enough, woke up normal time. That's good! My Boston Organics shipment arrives today, I am crossing my fingers it has kale

Eating lots of fruit, fruit protein smoothies, Vega, Sunwarrior, last night was soup--tofu and veggies, omnomnom, plus rice noodles. Feeling better but not quite at 100%. I'm going to give yoga X or Fountain of Youth's shorter version of it a try tonight, that's usually the best thing.

Just did 30 pushups on my toes just to see how I'd feel afterward. I feel great! I love the fact that I a) am getting over this little bug VERY fast and b) am deprogramming myself from craving unhealthy comfort foods when sick. All I've been eating are fruits, fruit protein smoothies, Vega smoothies, and veggie and tofu soups.

I will never be completely raw but I really do think that a mostly raw food diet is good for me. I just feel better on it. It also helps me to curb eating certain foods which are a) not good for me and/or b) my body doesn't like.

Did another 30 pushups, just because.

Food log:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1 scoop chocolate Vega protein, 3/4 cup strawberries, 1 cup light chocolaate soy milk

Lunch: 5 clementines and fruit protein smoothies consisting of 1 cup mint chocolate soy milk, 1 scoop chocolate Sunwarrior protein, 1 banana, 3/4 cup mixed berries, 1 scoop raw cacao powder

Dinner: 1 salad made with green and red kale, baby spinach, oil free hummus, roasted salted pepitas, sunflower seeds, and Annie Organics Goddess dressing

Snack: 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1 banana, 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, 1 TB natural almond butter, 1 scoop Sunwarrior vanilla protein

I tried eating two small oatmeal cookies. Big mistake, not doing that again. Tummy not happy. It apparently prefers all the healthy stuff now. Okay then.

Food log today so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1 scoop chocolate Vega protein, 1 cup light chocolate soy milk, 1 banana, 3/4 cup mixed frozen berries in a blender. Tasty!

Lunch: three oranges. I plan to eat something more substantial once I have a moment to breathe. Freakin' New Year's Eve. I don't even. I AM NOT PREPARED. Later: 2 more oranges and some leftover veggie lentil barley soup.

Snack: more of those oatmeal cookies. Aside from the sugar and flour, they're not bad. Mostly just oatmeal, raisin, spices...okay, I'm overjustifying, but those were the last of the cookies. I wanted them out of my house before Jan.

Dinner: 1 scoop Vega chocolate protein, 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, one banana, 1 scoop raw cacao and 1 cup light chocolate soy milk in a blender.

So far my physical activity involves lugging a 25lb dumbbell in a mall while shopping. Last one in its size, and on sale until tomorrow. Why I didn't buy it last I'll never know.

Edited by BlueRose

Made these for a NYE party:

Raw fudge brownies

Bottom layer:

- 1 cup pitted dates

- 1 cup almonds (you can use walnuts too)

- 1/2 cup of raw cacao

Fudge layer:

- 4 TB freshly ground almond butter

- 1 TB agave nectar

- 1 ripe banana (two if you want more of a banana taste, YMMV)

- 1/2-3/4 cup raw cacao

Mix the ingredients in the bottom layer in a food processor, spread into a brownie pan evenly, then mix the fudge ingredients together and spread on top. Place into freezer.

One of the things I like to add to the raw cacao is chocolate protein powder from either Sunwarrior or Vega, but you gotta add some water if you do that, I've found.

Okay! Log so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate flavored Vega protein, 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1/2 cup diced frozen pineapple, one banana, one cup light chocolate soy milk

Lunch: buffet at Grasshopper for the New Year

Dinner: Went to Red Lentil with a bunch of friends, had the Gobi Manchurian and a Bunny Spice smoothie: http://theredlentil.com/menus/dinner-menu

Workouts:

30 pushups this morning (yes, toes! yayayayayayay)

I need to revamp my routine. I backed off the TurboFire uber cardio to do P90X, now I'm feeling like I need more cardio. I'm going to be trying ChaLEAN Extreme and tacking on additional workouts when I feel like it. Trying to find the ideal workout schedule for me can be challenging and is constantly changing.

Food log:

4-5 bananas and 5 tangerines for breakfast

Mango and orange smoothie for lunch

Dinner: 3 slices of pizza from Peace of Pie and two small breadsticks with marinara.

Snack: mango sorbet

Workouts:

20 min TurboFire HIIT

20 pushups

3 sets of 4 reps, 10lb delt workout. Two reps straight out to the sides plus another two as "w"s as one set. I need to work on those delts and I haven't been able to get better than the 8 lb weights. They're my weakest muscle. Time to get them better!

Also spent four hours helping my friend to clean her place so I was rewarded with the vegan pizza. It was tasty.