Happy New Year!!!

Nicholas_Weir

Well, all the white trash at the periphery of my neighborhood are detonating an incessant volley of illegal fireworks so it must be next year. Ironically, and very unpatriotically, there seem to be about ten times as many rockets going off tonight as there were on the Fourth of July. (I like fireworks as much as the next guy but not for an hour straight and not outside my bedroom window.) Why can't they celebrate like the rest of us with M*A*S*H reruns and a bottle of scotch? Just kidding.

Maybe they're using up their supply before the world ends.

Baby Herc

Happy New Year!

I did sleep through it. Went right to sleep about half hour before 12 AM. LOL

My neighbors went crazy with the fireworks too. I'm a very light sleeper and no way could I even have relaxed with that going on so I turned on my fan I keep by my bed for some white noise (put it on HIGH), covered up my head slightly so the air wouldn't freeze my head, and I was OUT!! I may have to do that more often!! LOL

Happy New Year!

And to you!

My neighbors went crazy with the fireworks too. I'm a very light sleeper and no way could I even have relaxed with that going on so I turned on my fan I keep by my bed for some white noise (put it on HIGH), covered up my head slightly so the air wouldn't freeze my head, and I was OUT!! I may have to do that more often!! LOL

Ha, ha--that is EXACTLY my sleeping regimen for most of the year but unfortunately I live in an ancient, paper-thin house. I have a giant bag of foam earplugs but what I really need is a giant property that borders a bucolic nature preserve. I long for an ultra-modern two-story with a subbasement for the Fourth of July. And for the bodies.

Baby Herc

Stayed awake until 1 am, and got to celebrate the New year twice! Let me explain. My 2 nieces wanted to ring in the New Year, but they were getting tired around 915pm, so at 930 we brought out the noise makers, masks, and blowers, and we all had a party. Then my nieces went to bed, and at midnight the adults clinked glasses with non alcoholic cider and watched the ball drop in Times Square, via the tv.

Ha, ha--that is EXACTLY my sleeping regimen for most of the year but unfortunately I live in an ancient, paper-thin house. I have a giant bag of foam earplugs but what I really need is a giant property that borders a bucolic nature preserve. I long for an ultra-modern two-story with a subbasement for the Fourth of July. And for the bodies.

Baby Herc

Funny you mentioned that. I was going to mention I was out of those foam disposable earplugs, which is why I had to use the fan. lol

That kind of property is exactly what I need too! I'd probably go for hikes every day in the woods!