Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Simi

Hi!

I just discovered this great site, and brought Robert's book yesterday which I have been really enjoying so far.

Just wanted to introduce myself here. I have been vegetarian since I was 13 (am now 25) and was vegan for about 2 years. When I started weight training in Feb last year, I started taking whey protein. I didn't have any other dairy, but recent campaigns here in Australia (thanks to the incredible Lyn White and the 'Animals Australia' foundation) opened my eyes to the truth about what really happens on dairy farms, and how young calves are deprived of their mother's milk before being slaughtered as "waste products".

I don't agree with this practice (depriving and killing calves, then disposing of them for no purpose seems even WORSE to me than killing an animal to eat!) so I have made the decision to cut out whey and go vegan again. I've had a lot of people tell me "its not possible" to be a vegan and train to possibly compete in figure competitions one day, but I plan on proving them wrong!

I'd love to get connected to other vegan figure/bodybuilders here.

Thank you to Robert, the vegan bodybuilding crew and everyone involved in this site for being such an inspiration to many, showing us we CAN achieve our dreams while upholding our ethics, and being a great source of support and information!

Simone.

• 1 month later...

Welcome Simi!

Thank you so much for supporting my book and I'm very pleased to hear that you're enjoying it. Thanks for being part of our community.

I hope you're enjoying being here. A bunch of Australians joined recently too, so more and more from your region.

All the best! Happy New Year!

-Robert