freegan brutal training journal january 2012

went to gym again last night when my partner got out of work, walked briskly another 3 miles on treadmill and did all of my arm exercises in 3 sets of 12 reps each and did 100 crunches

today so far ive jogged my 3 miles and biked 10 miles and did my 3 sets of 12 reps each on the leg exercises, then did the leg abductor 100 times on 70 pounds with a 60 second static hold at the end, and the counter to the abductor that i can never remember the name of

I really am enjoying this challenge and the accountability writing it down gives me....i workout a lot to begin with as i am always trying to get stronger and work on endurance for roller derby, but im sure seeing it all written down when i am done i will be super proud of myself! I sleep so much better on the days that I make it to the gym or to a skate, and being out of work right now, there is no reason to not hit the gym mon-fri and really work on me for once. I just wish it were summer so that fresh organic produce were cheaper and easily available on a local level. I have been vegan for about 16.5 years now and I am always learning and growing with my veganism. When I started out being vegan I had absolutely no familial support and was a "veggie burger vegan" with whatever money I could scrounge up I ate alot of salads and premade nasty veggie burgers. now with the freedom of being on my own, making my own choices without a hunting "manly" father breating down my neck, I learned to cook and I eat a much healthier vegan diet.

last night after work i hit the gym again with my partner, did another 30 minutes on the treadmill on an incline at 3.5 speed which is brisk and another 240 calorie exercise

then i did arms with my partner, we kept it light and simple since i had already spent over 2 hours at the gym and merle was tired from working all day

no internet at home and my cellphone is broken....so here i sit at panera updating this and my blog after a nice 3 mile jog, no penney dog though, she had surgery this past monday...and she still hates me for it

yesterday i did a 3 mile jog and 10 miles on the bike, wednesday i did my 3 mile jog, 8 miles on the bike, and 2 miles on the treadmill along with my arm rotation....

tonight we are hitting up an open skate for 3 hours, along with the 3 miles i jogged

and after i write this i am heading t the gym to do my arms and chest.....if for some reason that doesnt happen i will edit this next time i am online

i feel great working out, but it has gotten difficult on the weekends with me finally finding a job here, i work sat and sunday only so my gym closes early those 2 days so i aim to take penney for walks and possibly jog outside as long as it doesnt get too crappy outside.

its hard to keep juicing this month, i am out of grocery money already and we are barely half way thru the month....this mornings juice was carrots, the last of the rainbow chard, a lemon and a sliver of ginger

better than nothing!

sunday i worked then went on a nice fast walk with my roommate, about 2.5 miles followed by a romp around the free weights, really working on my triceps i can feel my arms getting stronger and more solid, and it feels great

monday was a day off from working out

today is tuesday and i just jogged my 3 miles and rode the stationary bike for 10 miles followed by doing 3 reps of 12 each on each of the arm machines at the gym