2 pieces of chocolate tofu pie

bowl of tomato/chili pepper soup

bowl of cream of broccoli soup

supps/vitamins:

creatine (1 tsp)

probiotics through coconut milk kefir

aloe water shot

workin' out:

6 minute treadmill warmup (avg 4.5 pace)

3 sets of 2 minute wallsits (with an unknown weight medicine ball)

15 minutes stairclimbing (~74 floors)

50 crunches

10 assisted dips

5 assisted chinups

5 assisted pullups

~30 weighted calfraises

thoughts: i ate like crap, obviously this is something i've been struggling with forever. i'd really like to start eliminating wheat again - at least switching over to spelt. i also ate NO greens which i've been so good about keeping up on daily. my workout was successful but it took a lot of motivating to get myself there. having to work instead of practice was most definitely the majority of what made me go. and the apple pie my dad had for me afterwards

Thanks for creating a journal on here! It is a great way to track what you're eating, how you're training while being aware of it and able to make changes. I wish you all the best with your goals for the new year.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

day 2 1/3/12

ate:

granola w/rice milk and coconut milk kefir and peanut butter

1 piece of chocolate tofu pie

1 piece of apple pie

hashbrowns

scrambled tofu

2 bowls of cream of broccoli soup + daiya

1 glass of wine

supps/vitamins:

aloe water shot

workin' out:

rest day

thoughts: i really wanted to go to the gym again, but decided to start some cleaning instead. i kept telling myself i would do yoga to grab the kettlebell and that just didn't happen. the thought of the stinky extras at the gym are what made me not want to go there.

day 3 1/4/12

ate:

granola w/rice milk and coconut milk kefir and peanut butter

tempeh, lettuce, tomato, guac, daiya sammich w/ yam fries and red pepper soup

handful of tings

vegan kungpao chicken w/ swiss chard over rice

vegan trailmix oatmeal cookie

1/2 glass of wine

supps/vitamins:

1 tsp creatine

workin' out:

2 hour long derby practice - 2nd half was scrimmage with a great deal of downtime

thoughts: again, could not motivate myself to get to the gym even though i really wanted to go. (to be fair, pms doesn't help!) my hamstrings are really sore which is strange because i don't think i've ever had sore hammies! im going to try to go to the gym after work tomorrow now that i know they are open until midnight m-th. i really need to get on my kettlebell and/or do some pullups at home if i'm having trouble getting myself out of the house. i registered for my first half marathon in october! im excited to run/walk it! it's the detroit one, so i'll be popping through good ole canada and look forward to the scenery more than the run!

day 4 1/5/12

ate:

oatmeal with pb, brown sugar, and choc chips

lemon seitan picatta frozen candle cafe meal

tempeh, red chard, garlic, onion, shitake mushrooms sesame seeds, braggs, turmeric over short grain brown rice

1/2 glass of wine

supps/vitamins:

1 tsp creatine

2 tbsp flax oil

workin' out:

6 minute treadmill warmup avg ~4.5mph varied inclines

3 sets of one minute 25lbs weighted wallsits

50 crunches

10 pushups on the bosu and some stablizing in between.

20 minutes stairclimbing interval training (70 relax, 90 work) ~99 floors total

thoughts: ate really late, prolly not the best idea but i got off work at 10:30pm and went straight to the gym. i was starving after the gym so i wanted something more substantial than just snacks. but i put together a bomb gourmet meal loaded with protein. was really pleased with my wallsits. i've come to notice that if i can stand out of a wallsit i've probably not pushed myself hard enough. however i need to be wise about them because i generally do them before i climb stairs. wish i would have done more upper body but it was late and the gym was closing so i rushed through.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, Gennifer! What happened to your journal? You were doing so well posting! We're halfway through the VBB New You for the New Year Challenge, and I hope your 2012 is off to a happy and healthy start! Hope you'll be back to post in your journal! I'm curious to see how your training for your half marathon progresses!

All the best,

Karen