ChesterCopperpot's Training Log

Alright. Here we go. I've been a fan of Robert's since I went vegan a few months ago, but now I've decided that I want to run a marathon in 2012 (already signed up and paid the non-refundable entry fee, so I'm doing it) and this new year's resolution challenge is just the kick in the butt I needed to get going!

Printed out a marathon training plan for first-time marathoners from Runners World. Got Brendan Brazier's Thrive out from the library (along with some Dean Karnazes books), Robert's book on my computer, I'm ready to start!

Rest day today. Lifted a whole pallet of 40lb cat litter at work today by myself (I work for cat staff at an animal shelter). That must count for something. I'm definitely feeling it.

Bought some more veggies today: carrots, radishes, and brussels sprouts. Looking forward to making some good dinners with them!

Ready for my run tomorrow morning before work. I'm going to get into the habit of running early morning before work (unfortunately, that means getting up at 4am so that I can run, shower, and get to work on time)! So I'm heading to bed soon, got my alarm set, and my stuff all ready for me to throw on and go tomorrow early morning!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, motivated by non-refundable marathon entry. That's a good idea. I should sign up for a sports event or tournament that I have to pay for. That will get me in gear to train for a purpose. I love it, thanks for the idea.

-Dylan