Hello

VirgoKitten

Welcome VirgoKitten!

Thanks for joining our team. There are a few things for certain:

On this forum you will learn a lot about eliminating all animal products from your diet.

and...

You will make friends along the way.

You are in Toronto right? I think there are at least 3 or 4 of you from that city on this forum. Their names are compassionategirl and Animal and maybe others I'm forgetting. So maybe you'll be able to meet someone in person too.

All the best,

Welcome aboard!

-Robert

Welcome! Always cool to meet people who are making the transition. I'm from Toronto as well. There is a lot of vegan activity in this city, including the bi-weekly vegan potlucks followed by animal rights movies or lectures organized by the Toronto Animal Rights Society (TARS). We should get the Toronto contingent from this site together some time to talk veggies and workouts at the potluck or over coffee. If you need localized advice on vegan friendly establishments in the city, or vegan products common to Toronto supermarkets, drop me a line. Do you or compassionategirl attend the potlucks? I haven't been in a while, but I'm planning to go to the next one.

Hi VK, I'm new here, too! I went from veggie to vegan about a year ago, it looks like all the info and support for a smooth transition is right here. Definately screwed up a few times in the transition, but you live and learn. I was suprised at how easy it was to eliminate stuff from old recipes to make them vegan! I'm sure you'll do fine!