Are there any Massive Vegans?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vegansludge
Manatee

Re: Are there any Massive Vegans?

#16 Postby vegansludge » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Billy Simmonds is also a vegan tank.

"When in doubt, squat and run hills." - Jim Wendler

IRON MNTN // LOG

DevilsAdvocate?
Rabbit

#17 Postby DevilsAdvocate? » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 am

We should definitely sticky a thread with photos for massive and ripped vegans. I bet there are a few people who have been posting here that could get the ball rolling with pics of themselves.

MartinVegartin
Manatee

#18 Postby MartinVegartin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I've had dozens of arguments with people who say there are no really strong or hulking vegans. I point them to this site or mention someone. Ah, but these people weren't born vegan, they say. One person even demands that someone has to be a third generation vegan to qualify otherwise their muscles can only be attributed to the meat their ancestors ate.

Some will concede that a vegan who has been vegan for a few years can thank their vegan diet for their bulk or their strength - but then add that they must also be on steroids because no one, absolutely no one, can build huge muscles or great strength without steroids.

They also say that there's never been an olympic lifter, power lifter or world strongman vegan champion. I mention Pat Reeves and Jane Black. No, it has to be men. So I say, again and again, that there are very few vegans and, consequently, there's much less chance of a vegan rather than a meat eater becoming a champion in a strength sport.

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#19 Postby veggiesasquatch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 am

Loved scrolling down after reading the first post to see veganessential stood there. Thread should of been locked after that reply :)
"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#20 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 am

LOL i thought you left the forum
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

sosso
Elephant

#21 Postby sosso » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:22 am

I'm not the biggest, nor the strongest, but all of the weight and strength I've gained was gained as a vegan.

I started lifting around the same time I went vegan. I went from 70-ish kg to 110 kg in four years. My body fat has remained about the same, if not reduced, although I can only judge by how I look & feel.

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#22 Postby VeganEssentials » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 pm

sosso wrote:I'm not the biggest, nor the strongest, but all of the weight and strength I've gained was gained as a vegan.

I started lifting around the same time I went vegan. I went from 70-ish kg to 110 kg in four years. My body fat has remained about the same, if not reduced, although I can only judge by how I look & feel.

Yes, Sosso, you certainly are a shining example of what can be accomplished with smart, heavy lifting and plenty of food! The progress you made over the last few years has been awesome, it's tough to envision you actually being the same guy in those original photos you posted where you were so much smaller. Definitely been one of my favorite people to follow for progress over the last few years!
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”