Quickie today!

I was able to knock out 30 min cardio this morning ( elliptical home gym!)..... Got word my dad was arriving sooner from OK than expected!!! Somes better than none right?!?

For lunch, to my surprise, my hugely omnivore Dad agreed that a salad with veggies and bowl of black Caribbean style beans sounded good!! I was proud of the both of us!!

Dinner tonight was Mexican at a fav restrarant - I stuck to my usual veggie enchiladas w/ side rice and beans!!! NO margarita for me ( huge success here!) water only.....I did eat more chips than planned!

I did have my self- required 4 fruits today! Hooray!

Tomorrow- a run is in order as the weather will be nice!

Thursday: (logged day 3)

Beautiful day in KC

Ran 3 miles outside!

35 min (includes 2min walk warmup)

Stretch 1O min post cardio

Nutrition: on track though I added one small block 72% dark chocOlate for dessert- still hard give up my sweets!

This weekend, I'm going to get my tri training program together.

Day 4 logged:

Todays workout consisted of 10 min elliptical warmup followed by 30 min body weight circuit training at my home gym then 10 min stretch! I did exercises that focused on core & legs- arms tomorrow along with a run!

Tonight, we are off to Cotton Bowl watch party...... I've made hummus & black bean dip- oil free!!! Veggies are chopped as well..... I'll be feasting on this as my omnivore friends have chili & sliders! My vice tonight..... Sangria! I will at least do a 50/50mixture club soda & wine! I've been hydrating all day as well as tonight I plan to keep water in hand!

Cheers to Friday and good health and great friends!

Day 5 logged:

30 min elliptical (increased resistance to 6 from usual 3/4)

10 min easy walk treadmill (3.5mph)

10 min cool down stretch

Sore after yesterday's leg/core workout-I can tell which muscles are WEAK!

Diet - only 3 servings of fruit so far; I made a new bean soup tonight! Delicious!

Rehdrating today after last nights indulgence in sangria!

Thanks for saying hello Robert!!

The visit with my Dad was nice.....we spent hours chatting about good times in my old hometown of about 1100 people (he stills resides there!) I was reminded of how fortunate I am to be where I am today!!

2nd week of journal will be started under new subject headline.......