Amanda's Journal

Well this is day one and I'll be chatting with my coach Alli B soon. I am hoping she can give me the kick I need to get get my act together!

So Day 1....

My breakfast was a hearty dose of puffy pancakes from Post Punk Kitchen.

Lunch was a seitan pastrami sandwich.

I will be doing 30 minutes of elliptical tonight.

My plan for this month is to decrease the junk food in my diet and work out regularly....cardio and weights. My goal is to tone up and drop some weight.....10 pounds would be a good start.

Day 2 started off with leftover pancakes and an orange. Oh and coffee of course!

Snack was a quinoa salad.

Lunch was a tofu meatball sandwich and a fruit salad.

Work out was 30 minutes of elliptical.

Dinner was a big salad.

I am chugging water like crazy too.

I spoke to AlliB and got a quick meal plan going. She confirmed that my goals were realistic and I like her "let's get down to business" attitude! I need to focus on whole foods (especially raw) and cut my carbs at night. (Good thing I had my salad tonight!) I will push for raw foods as much as possible. I often feel better on raw anyways.

I feel good after day 2 considering I haven't worked out in ages. I can feel a little burn in my legs and arms..so I am happy with that.

Hi Alli and all,

Here is my day so far...

Breakfast

Flax cereal with 1 banana and almond milk

Coffee with soy milk

Snack 1

15 almonds

Lunch

1 head of romaine with cucumbers and tomatoes with a balsamic dressing topped with TVP bacon bits

Snack 2

3 Clementines

Dinner

Greens, peas and other frozen veggies with marinara and tofu meatballs.

For my workout, I am planning elliptical and some more arm workouts. I might throw in a little yoga to stretch out my lower back. I am feeling a lil sore.

GREAT JOB AMANDA!!

I'm glad you like our approach!! Tell me about your workout for the next 2days!!!

You will inspire others Amanda!!

AlliB.

Tonight will be elliptical and arm workout...hand weights and 50 push ups. Tomorrow I am planning a full body workout from the "Workout Trainer" app I have on my phone. If you have this, Any you can recommend?

Thanks for checking in on me!

B-Flax cereal with blueberries and rice milk

S-Almonds and Raisins

L-Greens, peas, veggies, quinoa and mung bean salad

S-raw peppers

D-Salad with baked falafel balls and hummus dressing.

My exercise will be a yoga video, calf raises and wall sits. I'm focusing on lower body tonight.

As the day went on, my legs, bum, arms, shoulders and abs (pretty much everywhere!)are pretty sore from the p90x video. I am still going to some elliptical tonight because I need my cardio for weight loss.

Oh and I weighed in and found I was down 1.2 pounds!

Also, I forgot to put my stats on my first post so here they are:

Vegan since August 2009 (saw Food Inc. and realized I needed a change to my diet. I went from full on meat,dairy and egg eater to vegan practically overnight. Once, I educated myself on factory farming, health issues, environmental issues..I could never go back!)

Age 30

Height 6'0"

Starting weight on Jan 1st 167.2

Goal weight on Jan 31st...157.2

Final Goal weight 145

I am really focused on exercising 6-7 days a week and even cut out sugars (which is really hard for me) and alcohol (also hard...I enjoy a good beer!)

So far...so good. I feel great and I wonder why I stopped exercising for so long! The muscle pain I am feeling today is something that I haven't felt in awhile. I was even wishing I could go out and run (which is something I hate!) but it is way too cold for me and knowing me, I will slip on the ice and break my neck! So, I'll just wait for the spring....In the mean time....elliptical!

Today, I was really sore from the yoga workout. I decided to take my workout day off today and go hard over the weekend.

B-steel cut oats with raisins, almonds and almond milk.

S-tangerines

L-butternut squash leek soup

S-yellow pepper/green apple and pb

D-smoked tofu wrap with a salad. I stole a few potato wedges of my hubby's plate

Thanks! I will do 6 days a week at least. The yoga video really killed me. It's been about a year since I last did yoga...not good!

Today is going to be a hectic day so I planned for a big breakfast.

B-"buttermilk" pancakes from Vegweb with a coffee and almond milk

S-3 Clementines

Late Lunch-9 bean tomato soup

S-green apple

D-Few fries.

WO-arms/shoulder/chest -hand weights

Not the best food or work out day today. Was out all evening in a pretty non vegan environment and I forgot to pack snacks. Also, my lower back is sore so I need to get better quick!