Wednesday (1/4) - today was a great training and eating day! Started the day with oatmeal, then had kale and ww tortilla for lunch, spinach protein berry smoothie, protein cake post workout.
I went to the gym in the afternoon since I missed working out on Tuesday. I did 45 minutes on the stepmill - including some sprints. It felt really good and I felt like I worked hard. Heart rate monitor showed some high intensity and I really felt it.
Had an 8pm session with trainer and workout partner. Wed is leg day and I was worried I burned out doing the stepmill, but I had to get in that extra cardio. Leg day was great - trainer is taking this week to get us back on track after vacation so we did more bodyweight/endurance type movements (we will go back to weight training next week), including:
- goblet squats (45 lbs) - 15x4 superset with 1 min jumprope
- leg extensions (?) - 20 superset with 20 full situps
- reverse lunge w/jump 15 ea leg x 4 superset with 1 minute planks
- hip ups 15 ea leg x 4 superset with 1 minute mountain climbers - slow/crunch
- 1 mile bike sprint for speed - totally burned out on this.... took over 3 minutes....
probably due to the stepmill earlier in the day.
Felt great after this workout! This was a good day