Jimi Sitko 2011 ** 14weeks out

Like the title says: 17 weeks out from a local show or something out of state. I have a couple pics on my phone, but havent had the resources to post yet.

right now im holding around 172lbs-176lbs. My strength is up and have been quite lean for a while now and plan to stay that way.

Will post pics soon.

Any questions feel free to ask

Right now im eating a couple larabars(only $1 a pice near me at the moment) for breakfast and Vega Sport [acai berry]. A couple apples after. 2serving shakes of Sunwarrior [vanilla] 2-3 times a day. Then dinner its been tofu, quinoa/brown rice, coconut oil(for cooking), braggs liquid aminos, and veggies. Loving it. My 7yr old son is loving to eat healthy again too.

Right now im eating a couple larabars(only $1 a pice near me at the moment) for breakfast and Vega Sport [acai berry]. A couple apples after. 2serving shakes of Sunwarrior [vanilla] 2-3 times a day. Then dinner its been tofu, quinoa/brown rice, coconut oil(for cooking), braggs liquid aminos, and veggies. Loving it. My 7yr old son is loving to eat healthy again too.

Right on!! Quick question if you don't mind...

Is the above diet strictly your "leaning out" plan? How does that differ from your general workout plan or bulking up phases??

Many thanks and go get'em this spring!!

GL

Right on!! Quick question if you don't mind...

Is the above diet strictly your "leaning out" plan? How does that differ from your general workout plan or bulking up phases??

Many thanks and go get'em this spring!!

GL

This year I'm not bulking nor "cutting." The last two years I've cut out my food and didn't need to. This year I'm just going to keep eating clean and see where I go. Once the bars are gone and not on sale I won't be eating them anymore.

Tonight I did a 2 hour back workout. Back of neck has a crick in it due to upright BB rows. May need an adjustment or massage tomorrow. Felt decent during workout except for neck. Did some abs at the end and tortured them.

Hey thanks for the quick response!!

Great going on that 2 hour back session. It's going to take me awhile to get to that level.

Not sure if you've ever seen a photo or workout log of Jimi's, but for 99% of people, reaching "his level" is damn near impossible! He's a beast and an inspiration. Glad to see he's still posting! One of the most "hardcore" guys around these parts, and proof that disciplined training and eating can produce fantastic results on a vegan diet.

Hey thanks for the quick response!!

Great going on that 2 hour back session. It's going to take me awhile to get to that level.

Not sure if you've ever seen a photo or workout log of Jimi's, but for 99% of people, reaching "his level" is damn near impossible! He's a beast and an inspiration. Glad to see he's still posting! One of the most "hardcore" guys around these parts, and proof that disciplined training and eating can produce fantastic results on a vegan diet.

You're really kind. My "level" is obtainable, but you have to just keep pushing yourself every week to be better and better. I don't stick to one style of training. I cross functional training with bodybuilding with running, etc... Just the love for exercise gets me to where I need to be.

To sum things up:

Yesterday I took off completely from training.

Got a deep tissue massage. I pulled left trap muscle which in turned stiffened my Splenius Cervicis muscle. Its still sore but have more mobility in neck.

Today I will do quads, abs, and biceps if I can make it to the gym.

djshrew- school is rough right now. cant wait until this semester is over.

Mary- theyre coming...

March 23, 2011

http://i54.tinypic.com/8zlo34.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/14uan38.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/29dvls1.jpg

Sorry its been since last week that I posted.

Around Tues/Wed I pulled my left trap muscle and got a deep tissue massage the next day. Been laying off the weights since. I did however do an 8K competitive road race last Saturday and got 3rd in age group at 8:59 mile for 5 miles(8k). I then did a 5k the next day and was fun but not so challenging.

Yesterday(wed) i did a leg day and hit 315 squatting for a single rep. For me being just 172lbs Id say it wasnt bad. Did some abs and even came up with my own ab exercise. It freakin hurts!

Today(Thrs) Ive done some chest, back(rehabbing and strengthening traps/rhomboids), and a lil bit of arms. My bis and tris are lagging due to me being scared to work them due to my joint issues. It does feel better with my supports on, but I guess i just have to do it.

Rockin the Vega Sport(acai berry) just about every morning and its awesome.

Seasiren- will you be stepping onstage anytime soon?

As for me I'm doing okay with my workouts. I've posted some new pics on FB so if you haven't seen them check 'em out and let me know what you think.

This weekend I've taken off in a sense to let the body rest. Monday will be a hard workout day hopefully... Have finals and projects coming up so I'll be super busy until the first week in May.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been 9 days since ive last updated this...

Last monday I "hurt" moy shoulder lifting heavy. 2 days later I was doing 110lb dbs on flat bench and heard a loud pop on the first one. I said fuck it and did 4 more on my own. I then hit the 120lb DBs on flat for 5 with a spot on the last one. No problems. Since then Ive been going lighter and rehab'ing shoulder.

I just did another 5K race on Saturday and did it in 25:30. A little slow for 3.1miles, but my first mile i was hitting around 7:37. So go figure I slowed it down purposely. Have to preserve some muscle for the competitions.

Today I did some shoulder work, triceps, and some pullups just to see what all I could do.

I have to start doing pushups everyday!!!! My arms are lagging a bit. Still am lean though.

Seasiren- will you be stepping onstage anytime soon?

As for me I'm doing okay with my workouts. I've posted some new pics on FB so if you haven't seen them check 'em out and let me know what you think.

This weekend I've taken off in a sense to let the body rest. Monday will be a hard workout day hopefully... Have finals and projects coming up so I'll be super busy until the first week in May.

yep yep ... well spring anyway The good news are my shoulders are getting f-ing huge! The bad news is my shoulders are getting huge and I can't find anything that looks decent on me

Bigger and better this round for both of us, right???

• 8 months later...

Congrats on being featured in the NYTimes!

Ever since I saw your profile come up on the main site, you and Derek Tresize have been my inspiration. Fantastic physiques!

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/sports/vegans-muscle-their-way-into-bodybuilding.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

(Mods/Admins, let me know if I'm breaking any rules by posting the link or anything)

Well done, Jimi!

Congratulations on carrying the Vegan Bodybuilding torch into the New York Times! Awesome to chat with you recently. I'm really proud of everything you've been doing and I'm looking forward to seeing you this year.

Let's get a workout in and bust out the SWOLNESS and Yeah Buddies!

Keep the lats out......catch up soon.

-Robert

• 5 months later...
your just gonna have to go shirtless everywhere. Make this sacrifice for the women of the world jimi. I know it is a burden but your a tough guy you can handle it!

Ha Ha Ha. Nice. I dont feel the need to show off anymore really. Im still the sexiest thing walking around my pool though(no cocky).