Hey y'all!

fatbobcat

Hi everyone!

Been a long-term browser of the site, but never got round to looking into the forums. Get a lot of my fitness advice from Reddit's /r/fitness page, but unfortunately the community seems to be paleo obsessed now, so I'm glad to be joining a more like-minded community!

Anyways, a little about me. I was vegetarian for 5 years, before going vegan. This February will be my 2 year veganniversary. I have been working out since about the age of 18, although with large gaps which has led to very inconsistent progress. Over the last 6 months though I've really been getting back into working out, and have had a nice long bulking stage, and am now cutting.

My goals are all-round strength and fitness, and I really want to develop some better calisthenic skills.

I live in Brighton, UK (pretty much vegan heaven). I also run a vegan blog with my girlfriend and sister - http://vegangstaz.wordpress.com/, although it's shamefully underused now.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions or anything! See you around

Hiya Karen, and thank you!

Yeah, Brighton's got a fantastic vegan scene. There's loads of restaurants around the city that are vegan/vegan-friendly, including the award winning Terre a Terre. We also the hometown of Vegetarian Shoes, a company that I'm sure many people will have heard of. We have Infinity Foods here too - picture Tesco Express but slightly larger and all organic and vegetarian (mostly vegan)! I definitely recommend a visit. Let me know if you do so, I can recommend restaurants etc. you should check out

Awesome! Yeah, I'd love to make it back to Europe one of these days. It's been too long! About 12 years...

How far from London are you? Sadly, that's the only place in the UK I've been. Have spent more time in Italy and some other countries over there, but as far as UK, London is my only experience.