Carolina's Journey to Extreme Hawtness

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

carolina82
Rabbit

Re: Carolina's Journey to Extreme Hawtness

#16 Postby carolina82 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Thursday Jan. 5th

Breakfast- Green smoothie
(No AM snack because I woke up late. Ha!)
Lunch- Two corn tostadas with black beans, avocado, onion, tomato, salsa.
PM snack- Cantaloup
Dinner- Green salad, grilled veggies, beans, baked red potatoes.
Evening snack- Hot cocoa

Also, I'm becoming very mindful on the amount of water I drink because I'm aware I need to have more.

kareno
Gorilla

#17 Postby kareno » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Carolina! You're doing awesome! (Or, should that be "awesomely"?? Haha!) Anyhow, I can see that Amanda, our fabulous coach, has shared some of the same tips with you (green smoothie and hot cocoa)! So great! I love our little team! :)

Good luck with fitness tomorrow!

carolina82
Rabbit

#18 Postby carolina82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 am

Lol, yep! Drinking smoothies is something I've done for some time now, mainly because I realized how fast it is (when in 'formal' training I wake up at 4:50 am-- so any time savers are a must!)
Karen, you may like this website! Tons of wholesome smoothie ideas here (and no need to worry too much about the calories, because they're derived from whole, fresh fruits and veggies; calories in this way aren't our enemy.) Here it is: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/

And the hot cocoa idea I blatantly borrowed from Amanda after reading it in her journal LOL. Yum!

amandagracewing
Rabbit

#19 Postby amandagracewing » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:36 am

Hello lovely ladies! I'm so glad you liked the recipes! I'd be happy to share more with you if you'd like!

Today my smoothie was:

Vega Whole Food Op (15 grams) 6 grams protein, 54 cals
1/2 cup organic westoy original soy milk - 4.5 grams protein, 45 cals
1/2 banana .5 grams protein, 50 cals
1 cup baby spinach - 1 gram protein, 10 cals
1/2 cup strawberries - .5 grams protein, 30 cals
1/2 cup blueberries- .5 grams protein, 30 cals

Total Calories:219
Total protein: 13 grams

I had this pre breakfast (which was oatmeal and I'll post in my log tonight).

This smoothie is a good example of a very quick, yummy snack with good carbs and protein. If you're doing it for your breakfast I'd add more vega and maybe 2 cups of baby spinach or more soy milk to add more protein and keep you full longer! You could also add some avocado for healthy fat!

xoxox ladies! Happy Friday!

jmichael614
Rabbit

#20 Postby jmichael614 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 am

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that struggles with getting in the gym. ;) This is just week one for me in bodybuilding and I'm trying to get my butt in shape. Sounds like you're doing great already, we all have a hard time with working out on the run. I am going to a conference next week for a week and I'm sort of dreading it because I'll be on my own with nobody looking over my shoulder helping me. Here's to doing it on your own!
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

amandagracewing
Rabbit

#21 Postby amandagracewing » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 am

Hello lovely ladies! I'm so glad you liked the recipes! I'd be happy to share more with you if you'd like!

Today my smoothie was:

Vega Whole Food Op (15 grams) 6 grams protein, 54 cals
1/2 cup organic westoy original soy milk - 4.5 grams protein, 45 cals
1/2 banana .5 grams protein, 50 cals
1 cup baby spinach - 1 gram protein, 10 cals
1/2 cup strawberries - .5 grams protein, 30 cals
1/2 cup blueberries- .5 grams protein, 30 cals

Total Calories:219
Total protein: 13 grams

I had this pre breakfast (which was oatmeal and I'll post in my log tonight).

This smoothie is a good example of a very quick, yummy snack with good carbs and protein. If you're doing it for your breakfast I'd add more vega and maybe 2 cups of baby spinach or more soy milk to add more protein and keep you full longer! You could also add some avocado for healthy fat!

xoxox ladies! Happy Friday!

amandagracewing
Rabbit

#22 Postby amandagracewing » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 am

Hi there jmichael614- that's the great thing about this community! We're all here to support each other so even if you're not working with a mentor, you'll gain so much from reading the posts and asking questions! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel energized in the gym! Keep up the hard work!

carolina82
Rabbit

#23 Postby carolina82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:08 am

jmichael614 wrote:I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that struggles with getting in the gym. ;) This is just week one for me in bodybuilding and I'm trying to get my butt in shape. Sounds like you're doing great already, we all have a hard time with working out on the run. I am going to a conference next week for a week and I'm sort of dreading it because I'll be on my own with nobody looking over my shoulder helping me. Here's to doing it on your own!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and congrats on the beginning to what surely will be a lifestyle of fun for you! I hear you on the 'nobody looking over my shoulder' bit. I'm terrible at keeping myself in check, too! I think it's just a habit thing; I'm determined to change the way I think about things that I haven't been particularly fond of. So yeah, here's to doing it on our own!

carolina82
Rabbit

#24 Postby carolina82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 am

Workout- Friday January 6th

I did yoga, woot! Ok, I know it may not be much, but I have done zilch in over three weeks, and I'm discovering I almost need to coax myself into getting back on track. I found this website http://www.myfreeyoga.com/ full of free yoga class videos, and so I did a session on my own this morning, in my house and still in my pj's. It felt fantastic! You have no idea how many things cracked and popped while I was doing the stretches LOL! Although I'm pretty flexible I was quite surprised at how stiff I felt, especially on the hamstrings, glutes and calf. This is a big wake-up call as to how weeks of inactivity take a toll on what we've worked hard to accomplish. But, upward and onward!

I did this video today http://www.myfreeyoga.com/videos/17/twi ... nsion.html and loved it. Hope this information helps others as well!

jmichael614
Rabbit

#25 Postby jmichael614 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:27 am

amandagracewing wrote:Hi there jmichael614- that's the great thing about this community! We're all here to support each other so even if you're not working with a mentor, you'll gain so much from reading the posts and asking questions! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel energized in the gym! Keep up the hard work!

Can you tell me more about the mentorship? I'm not sure what that is and I've seen several people talking about it.
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

amandagracewing
Rabbit

#26 Postby amandagracewing » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:02 pm

jmichael614 wrote:
amandagracewing wrote:Hi there jmichael614- that's the great thing about this community! We're all here to support each other so even if you're not working with a mentor, you'll gain so much from reading the posts and asking questions! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel energized in the gym! Keep up the hard work!

Can you tell me more about the mentorship? I'm not sure what that is and I've seen several people talking about it.

Here's a link to the program- http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=12days you can also find it on the VBBF homepage listed as '12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding'. Each mentor is working with a group of folks who signed up for the program early enough to be given mentor. However, if you follow the posts and ask questions you're get something out of this as well- FOR SURE! :)

carolina82
Rabbit

#27 Postby carolina82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Food- Friday Jan. 6th

Breakfast- Smoothie: Strawberries, blueberries, spinach, almond milk
AM snack- Shredded wheat cereal with half soy milk and half rice milk
Lunch- Sauteed asparagus, beet greens, spinach, and mushrooms
PM snack- Cantaloup, Cliff bar, chamomile tea
Dinner- Roasted beets, lentils
Evening snack- Few crackers with hummus

amandagracewing
Rabbit

#28 Postby amandagracewing » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Carolina,

Great food log! Things are looking awesome! How was your weekend? Your diet and workouts? Can't wait to see how things are going!

xo Amanda

kareno
Gorilla

#29 Postby kareno » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey Carolina! How are things going? You haven't posted in a few days, but hope you've still been sticking with it and doing great!

Happy Monday!
Karen

carolina82
Rabbit

#30 Postby carolina82 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm here! I'm alive and still truckin', yeah! What's best... I found my long-lost exercise mojo. BRING IT!!

Food- Monday January 9th

Breakfast- pomegranate blueberry spinach smoothie
AM snack- shredded wheat cereal with half soy, half rice milk
Lunch- salad made of barley, black-eyed beans, green onion, tomato. With key lime juice and garlic as dressing. YUM!
PM snack- few pretzels with hummus
Dinner- large bowl of homemade vegetable soup
Post-workout- Cliff bar

EXERCISE
Zumba!- 1 hour
High cardio bootcamp- 1 hour
(jump rope, steps, squats with medicine ball-to-wall... and more things that I can't remember because I'm so tired that my brain is shutting down. Ha!)

Welcome back, mojo. Don't you ever leave me like that again.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”