Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012, my year to be happy!! Pics/logs/updates/journal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 am 
Gorilla

Hey Haylee! Great job!

I know it's frustrating to find out how many food items have animal products in them. BUT... Just keep doing the best you can, striving for improvement each day, and don't beat yourself up over "mistakes" because then you'll likely just get discouraged and may give up. It's okay, just keep learning! If you need any help at all, feel free to reach out to me. I've been vegan for a couple years now and have learned a lot along the way!

Keep up the great work!

All the best,
Karen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:28 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for the advice!!! I will try it out next workout. I am a bit nervous lol. I think I will have someone take a picture too, so you guys can see if Im doing it right lol.

And thanks Karen, that is so kind of you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Rabbit

You're killin, Haylee! Once I switched from veggie to vegan 3 years ago, the weight just poured off. Can't wait to see more of your progress! :)
Andrea

http://wickedrawfoods.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Andrea!! Today was not such a good day for me lol. I had a ton of stuff to do all morning/afternoon, then dinner at my mother/grandmothers house....and then remembered that the gym closes at 6 on sundays. I was looking forward to going very much! Tomorrow is my bf and I 7 year anniversary, we are going to start it off by going early :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:54 pm 
Manatee

Haylee wrote:

I find that I have a hard time doing some exercises, mostly shoulders, because my right shoulder is lower than the left, and my elbows hyper-extend. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi i have the same problem with the shoulder right ones higher than the left just recently been going to see a chioporacter, you may want to go see one i think it can be corrected

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am 
Rabbit

Awesome job!! You are really inspiring, and we're kind of coming from the same place. I've lost 69 pounds since going completely vegan (and a total of 114 down so far from my top weight, ugh) and being vegan is sooooo worth it. Definitely a little bit of a learning curve when I first started, but you will get it all figured out. Luckily there's so much more in terms of resources online nowadays...keep up the awesome work, I am cheering you on from Las Vegas. :D
Maria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 am 
Rabbit

Congrats hellbent!! That is such a success!!! Thanks for the reply pphelps, I was seeing one for about a two months, and he would just allign me, and put a thing in my shoe so that I stand higher on the right side..but I didnt see even a slight bit of improvement, so I stopped going. Have you seen an improvement from yours? I might attempt to go again.

Did he tell you if your hip is lower on that side as well? He said mine is

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 pm 
Manatee

Haylee wrote:
Congrats hellbent!! That is such a success!!! Thanks for the reply pphelps, I was seeing one for about a two months, and he would just allign me, and put a thing in my shoe so that I stand higher on the right side..but I didnt see even a slight bit of improvement, so I stopped going. Have you seen an improvement from yours? I might attempt to go again.

Did he tell you if your hip is lower on that side as well? He said mine is

I have only been once so can’t really say if it had improved or not yet got another appointment on Saturday so will see what he says.

He said my left hip is not aligned with the right side, I always get a sore hip on the left side from running sometimes I wake up in the night and it’s just aching, I have not been running on it for about 10days I have been doing cardio on spin bike and elliptical and it has not felt as bad, (really missing running though!!)

I Have stopped doing squats with barbell (Missing them too) as that seems to aggravate my hip.

I’m trying to do single limb movement’s i.e leg extension one leg at a time and shoulder laterals one arm at a time as he said they were weak so trying to build up strength in them.

Plus I find my legs lack any real development and I’m wondering if the mis-alignment of my hips is a factor?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:27 pm 
Rabbit

I would love to hear what your chiro has to say next time! I am going to be making an appointment with another one, and will be sure to tell you what he says as well. I also read that even though this condition isnt scoliosis, that it benefits to do exercises and stretches that is for scoliosis. That might be something to look into as well. I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain :( I get pain in my hips from fast walking/running as well, and my shoulders ache often too.

Today felt like a great work out! I usually do legs by themselves, but I included them in today since I couldnt get to the gym yesterday.

Cable Low Row- 45 lbs, 4x36
Lat pull down -55lbs, 4x36
Deltoid Fly Machine-40lbs, 4x36

Sitting angle DB Curls
-15lbs each arm, 4x30
Standing DB Hammer Curls-15 each arm, 4x20

V squat machine- 50lbs, 4x36
Seated Leg Curl Machine- 40lbs, 4x36
Seated Calf Raises, 45lbs, 2x50

30 minutes intervals on treadmill 3.0,3.5,4.0 mph

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:44 pm 
Manatee

Haylee wrote:
I would love to hear what your chiro has to say next time! I am going to be making an appointment with another one, and will be sure to tell you what he says as well. I also read that even though this condition isnt scoliosis, that it benefits to do exercises and stretches that is for scoliosis. That might be something to look into as well. I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain :( I get pain in my hips from fast walking/running as well, and my shoulders ache often too.

Today felt like a great work out! I usually do legs by themselves, but I included them in today since I couldnt get to the gym yesterday.

Cable Low Row- 45 lbs, 4x36
Lat pull down -55lbs, 4x36
Deltoid Fly Machine-40lbs, 4x36

Sitting angle DB Curls
-15lbs each arm, 4x30
Standing DB Hammer Curls-15 each arm, 4x20

V squat machine- 50lbs, 4x36
Seated Leg Curl Machine- 40lbs, 4x36
Seated Calf Raises, 45lbs, 2x50

30 minutes intervals on treadmill 3.0,3.5,4.0 mph

I am going to ask him about running etc see what he says.

I go to the gym at 5.30am so at night planning on doing some pilates at home i found some winsor pilates vids online to do 20 minutes is nothing at night, just done one my core felt so weak :( i was shaking so hoping this will make improvements in my posture and hip pain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm 
Rabbit

Today is gonna be a rest day for me. Im so tired today. Gonna hit back tomorrow. Made sure my diet was extra clean and healthy today! Lots of kale, chickpeas, quinoa, and bananas lol!!

Last edited by Haylee on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm 
Rabbit

Just got back from doing cardio at the gym. Treadmill, 5k , took me 52 minutes! Last year when I did that, it took me about 65, so Im pretty happy with this!!

Kale 90g
bbq sauce
quinoa 43 g
garbanzo beans 115g

gnu food bar

amaranth 1/4 cup
garbanzo beans 110 g
bbq sauce
kale 115 g
carrots 130g

almonds 11g
raisins 22g
1 cup cereal
2 c almond milk

1348 calories, 244 carbs, 27g fat, 53 g protein

Will have some type of snack in a bit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm 
Rabbit

On a bit of a cardio kick!! Did another 5k on tread today. As well as several ab workouts. Ate kinda crappy today, hopefully tomorrow will be much better!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:33 pm 
Rabbit

Had a great workout today!!

Chest

DB angled press- 4x36 15 lbs each
DB angled flies- 4X36 15 each
bench press 4x30- sad to say I could only lift the bar lol. Can someone tell me how much that weighs? This was my first time doing this, I was sooo shakey!!

Triceps

Cable pull downs-4X36 20 lbs
Overhead db extensions 4X27-10 lbs
Seated dip machine-4X30 65 lbs

5k on treadmill 52 mins

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:14 pm 
Rabbit

Rest day today! Sore, and tired. Busy busy weekend. Plan on doing back/bi/shoulders tomorrow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next