A bunch of our members mentioned in the New York Times

robert

You're doing great work, Robert. The ones who get it, know it...and we love you for it.

Darn straight. I was at a vegan meetup in NYC yesterday, and someone I met said Robert is the hardest working vegan alive

I had mentioned that coming across Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness 6 or 7 years ago was part of what convinced me it was safe and practical to go full Vegan in the first place. First I heard Gene Bauer of Farm Sanctuary speak, and I said ok, time to go 100% plants, but I didn't know whether it would be healthy (haha).

Then I came across Robert's board and site, with pictures of bodybuilders, big power lifters, and endurance athletes who are Vegan, and that convinced me. I am sure this website has helped many others take the plunge as well.

No we cannot convince everyone to go vegan tomorrow, but none of the progressive changes and enlightened attitudes human society has slowly adopted have occurred overnight. There is certainly hope, if humanity does not self destruct first, that a few hundred years down the line or hopefully much sooner, the concept of enslaving animals for food could be viewed universally as barbaric as well as crazy and unhealthful, just as current western society would view many customs of a few hundred years ago as the same. All change starts with one individual at a time...

Wow! Thanks for the sincere and kind words you guys!

Joelbct,

I saw your name on here and was thinking....wow, one of the original members! Bringing it back old school!

Thanks for dropping back in. This place is busier than ever, especially with training journal updates.

I appreciate everyone here and all of your efforts to make the lives of those you care about better.

Have a great week!

-Robert

His positive energy and (non-arrogant) display of success is what attracted me to take the plunge again, but this time do it RIGHT! There is a lot of misinformation out there about veganism and especially vegan bodybuilding. We all know the meat/dairy industries are making KILLINGS (pun intended I guess) off of this misinformation, so of course they're not keen on exactly getting the truth out there.

It is up to grassroots folks like Robert and all of us to carry this message forward. Light dispels the darkness where ever it shows up and once people learn the truth, people who like it anyway, there is NO turning back!

David

I came across the article online (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/sports/vegans-muscle-their-way-into-bodybuilding.html?pagewanted=all) by accident. Overall I thought it was good. Definitely glad that it showed you can build muscle without meat.

Also, the comments are just as interesting. The vegans / vegetarians are rallying and even some meat eaters recognize the benefits of our diet.