BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought this awesome slicing tool for veggies and fruits, it'll be worth its weight in gold....

Where did you get it? What's it called?

Chef's Envy. It's not out in stores yet. There was a demonstration of it in Sears on New Year's Eve, and even got free kitchen shears with it.

Found a url for it: https://www.buychefsenvy.com/Default.aspx

I got it for $29 then had the free gift, whee!

Okay! The food and exercise log for today.

I am currently experimenting with a HCRV diet. It should be interesting. Yes. I know I do well on a low fat diet. I also know that I have had issues in the past with restricting my calories too much. I also know that I am still relearning how to eat, and need to get the biggest nutritional bang for my buck with everything I put into my mouth.

I'm working on it.

Food:

9 bananas

1 chocolate brownie Pure Bar

1 smoothie consisting of 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1 scoop raw cacao, water, ice, and 3 bananas

1 chocolate saviseed VegaSport protein bar

I am painfully aware of the fact that I consumed 420 of my calories today in the form of meal bars. I think it's because it's a small, condensed, and quick way to get a ton of protein and carbs in one shot. I also have this thing with chocolate. Despite this, I still managed to get within the 80-10-10 carb-protein-far ratio according to my cronometer.com log. I also know that the meal bars, the Vega, and the cacao are so very much not within the 80-10-10 parameters. But the Vega gave me more iron and B12, two supplements I frankly care about.

So in short, my first day to attempt banana island had me taking a few side trips to the chocolate peninsula. At least it was healthy chocolate? I am also proud to say I'm apparently eating 1800+ calories a day. Once upon a time, I was one of those less than 1K a day types. My goal is to get me to those 3K calories people are talking about while getting my body leaner and more defined, but I know that won't happen overnight.

Workouts:

TurboFire Fire 30

TurboFire Stretch 10

so! My journal for today.

Food:

4 bananas, water, and vanilla Vega sports performance protein with ice in a blender

Another 8 bananas

About 8 tangerines

5 celery sticks with a bit of natural PB

5 almonds

I tried to make a smoothie for dinner using kale and failed miserably. The experiment is frozen into portions to be put into other smoothies with way more fruit. Just used too much kale and juiced too much chard. Gah. Ate a leftover Gardein chic'n scallopini I found in the fridge out of total frustration. On a plus side, I found out how to prepare a mango. Tomorrow is another day.

Workouts:

Am going to take a nice, hot shower and then do some pushups and stretching before bedtime.

Journal for yesterday:

9 bananas

8 clementines

1 mini apple pie Larabar

Some romaine lettuce wraps for dinner with a bit of salsa, oil free hummus, and black beans

I have to be up at ridiculous o'clock, got home later than expected...straight to bed I went. I'd rather get the 7 hours of sleep than 5-6 and be a zombie....

I've had no time for anything or anything since I woke up at 5:30 this morning. Went straight from to a Beachbody event. Food log, then bedtimes.

11 bananas

8 clementines

1 mini apple pie Larabar

24 pieces of veggie sushi, because I was so hungry after that event I could've...I dunno what. I ran into Whole Food about ten minutes before they closed, salad bar was already packed up and I couldn't even think straight. My stomach's already paying for it, but I badly need to go food shopping tomorrow so virtually nothing would've awaited me at home, plus it would've been 11pm before I could eat.

I honestly don't recall the last time I was THAT HUNGRY. It was insane.

Yesterday's exercise was helping my friend to clean her place for a good four hours. Holy hell it needed it.

I had a ginger-apple-pear juice plus a few bananas and clementines. My stomach was still very owie from the previous night. :-/

Afterwards we had deep dish raw pizza from Rawbert's and kale chips.

Today was another day of massive cleaning, this time at my place.

Breakfast: 3 bananas, frozen mixed berries, some of the frozen smoothie I didn't quite succeed on and water. Tasty.

Lunch: 2 more bananas and 7 clementines

Dinner: Zucchini pasta with raw tomato sauce. Got the recipe from easytoberaw. TASTYYYYYYYYYY holy hell must make this again!

I am beyond full and my stomach's still recovering from Fri a bit. No longer in pain, just...digestion not so great.

Food log:

Breakfast smoothie of 3 bananas, 1 scoop chocolate Vega whole meal optimizer, one cup light chocolate soymilk, 3/4 cup mixed berries, and water in a blender.

6 bananas

10 clementines

1 mini Larabar apple pie

Dinner was zucchini pasta again, this time with an impromptu sauce experiment involving dates, 1 green 1 red and 1 orange pepper, lime juice, and sundried tomatoes. Tasty!

Tonight is Fire 45 from TurboFire, because I'm in the mood.

Breakfast: 1 cup light choc soymilk, 3 bananas, 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 3/4 cup frozen strawberries

5 bananas

6 clementines

some strawberries

1 grapefruit

1 mini choc chip cookie dough Larabar

1 smoothie made with Sunwarrior choc flavored warrior protein, 3 bananas, unsweetened soymilk mixed with choc Santa Cruz choc syrup, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.

I tried THREE TIMES to make myself dinner and kept failing every time. I need more practical, quick ways to do tasty dinners, especially including salad. I'm failing at SALAD. I'm too used to fatty dressings and was trying to reasonably prepare a meal while starving besides. Doesn't work!! I wind up craving fatty, heavy things to satiate me and can't make something reasonable. So after the insanity I just made the damned smoothie.

Workout:

ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1

Had to work until almost 9pm tonight. Starved. Met up with other vegans at Veggie Galaxy, had a club sandwich and a few fries. I don't think I've eaten fries in over a month. Maybe two.

I'll be doing tonight's workout tomorrow morning, then the workout for that day at night. Right now...I am collapsing, and grateful that I have tomorrow off.

Since I'll be at a scifi/fantasy convention all weekend, I'm taking my workout with me. I plan to keep up with it while away! Yay.

Oh yeah, I had my usual today but with two honeybell oranges. Mmm. Honeybells. <3

Veggie Galaxy, SciFi convention, We need to get out and hang with you. It's a bit challenging bc we are about 35min away. I'm sure we shall meet soon. Perhaps for some Teavana

Oh and Zucchini Pasta is awwwesome

Tea is squee. And I'm totally addicted now to zucchini pasta.

You should totally go to Arisia!!

Just did ChaLEAN Extreme's Burn Circuit 2, and my legs and arms are still shaking. Wooooow.

On a plus note--my triceps are now up to 15 lbs!!!! I remember back when I worked those up to 10 and was so proud.

I also did 15s for deadlifts, but it turned out they were too light--I'll be using 20s next time.

Beyond a LOT of walking and running around carrying heavy bags of books (especially today, ouch) I've had NO time to work out while at the convention. Meh. I plan to switch out the two rest days this week with this weekend and just plow through.

Eating-wise, I didn't do too badly either.