2012, my year to be happy!! Pics/logs/updates/journal

Haylee

I have been a lurker on this site for a while. I decided that it was time for me to start contributing. I saw Roberts post about 2012 updating logs, and it really made me start thinking. This is an absolute great idea. So thank you Robert for the motivation that I needed!! I feel that this is going to be another way for me to stay accountable for my progression to a healthier, happier me. By sharing this part of my life with you all. I am a bit nervous, but excited at the same time.

I am also going to post some before and in between pictures. I am a bit uncomfortable even looking at the before pictures, but I am hoping that I can help even one person get motivated to become healthier, and happier.

A few things about me. I am 24 years old, and have been a vegetarian for 3 years now. I am going to be going full vegan starting on the 1st. I feel its time

I am 5"6, and at my heaviest I weighed almost 300 pounds The before pictures you will see I was around 270. The in betweens were taken Thanksgiving and Christmas of this year. I now weigh 197 pounds. My goal right now is to lose more weight, and get to a healthy weight that I am happy with.

I am by no means an expert on exercise and weight lifting, but I get by. My bf and I have been going at this together for almost a year now. I lift weights about 4 times a week, and do cardio about 4 times a week as well. I usually do it in splits, different body groups on different days. Chest/tri ..back bi...sometimes shoulder/tri...legs/abs...etc. I'm not sure if this is the way I should be doing this, but it seems to be going well so far! I LOVE lifting weights, and I HATE cardio!!! I really really REALLY need to work on getting my cardio better!! I feel that is what needs to happen to help me lose weight.

Edited by Haylee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to take a notepad with me to the gym today, so cant post fully accurate details, but will post what I remember

Today was legs day.

Smith machine, behind neck squats 10 pounds on each side 4 sets, 36 reps total

Seated leg extensions machine 4 sets 36 reps total, 30 pounds

Leg press, 45 pounds each side, 3 sets 30 reps total

Seated leg curl 30 pounds, 4 sets 36 reps total

Standing calf raises 50 pounds, 3 sets, 30 reps total

Seated calf raises 45 pounds, 3 sets, 30 reps total

20 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Hills mode, level 5

If anyone is reading this, how does that sound? I am not too knowledgeable yet on how many sets/exercises/reps i should be doing. So many different sources of information out there!

10:00am- Fresh fruit/veg juice made with 3 kale leaves/stalks, 1 large carrot, half a lemon, one red apple, half of a cucumber, small piece of ginger, 2 stalks of celery

12:00pm- Cliff bar

2:00pm- 1 cup of blueberries

3:00pm- large salad with broccoli, carrots, cucumber and chick peas. Fat free greek dressing

6:00pm salad, minestrone soup, 1 c blueberries, 1/2 c brown rice

8:00pm bean burger made with black beans, oats, and spices, and a whole wheat wrap

Looking forward to following your success!

Thanks so much for joining and for jumping in and getting involved in our forum. We have an awesome community here, as I'm sure you've noticed.

All the very best with your goals and Happy New Year!

-Robert

Another snowed in day, attempted to go to the gym, got too nervous, and SLOWLY inched my car back home lol. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill, and a few bodyball exercises.

Food.

Bora bora bar

pop chips

4 dates

dehydrated apple slices

1 c almond milk 2 tbs hemp protein

Stuffed zuccini which consisted of: Zuccini, quinoa, black beans, carrots, tomato sauce, bread crumbs

Protein smoothie- 1 scoop pea protein, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 0.5 tbs black strap molasses, raspberries, mango,oats

roasted chick peas

Calories- 1525, carbs-237g, Fat- 39g protein-71g

Shoulder/abs today.

Smith Machine shoulder press- 30x 30

Dumbbell shoulder shrugs- 20 each arms 30

Side db raised 10x 30

Front db raises 10x 30

ab machine 20x 50

ball crunches 50

30 minutes on the treadmill, walk 2 mins, jog 2 min intervals

Wow, today was a great day!! It has been snowy, freezing and miserable the past few days..and today..it was sunny and warm!! How weird!! I took one of my dogs to a local trail for a 3 mile walk/jog. I seriously suck at cardio.. I feel like im dying the whole 30 seconds I can run lol.

Might go to the gym later as well!

A couple of pics from today

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/Tanithviolation/IMG_20120106_144349.jpghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/Tanithviolation/IMG_20120106_143817.jpghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/Tanithviolation/IMG_20120106_143809.jpg

Kareno- I'm struggling with it to be honest. Ive made some mistakes, but giving it my best. I never realized how many things have dairy/egg in them. Its ridiculous!! Not to mention how freaking hard it is to find something that doesn't contain some kind of soy!!! ( I limit soy as much as I can because of a health issue I have, recommended to not have much of it) And Ty for the comment!

Itsjustrobbieok- Thanks for the feedback!! I will have to try using a barbell sometime, but I don't think Im ready yet. Im pretty weak, and I shake/have terrible coordination, so I fear I will fall over lol.

I forgot to update yesterday, so probably will have two updates today

Yesterday:

bB Bench press 3x30 25 pounds

db flys 3x30 15 pounds each arm

Overhead tricep extensions 3x24 15 pound db

One arm cable extension 3x24 15 pounds i believe it was

db shoulder side raises- 10 pound each arm

shoulder press with smith machine- 25 pounds 3x30

2.20 miles on the treadmill, 40 minutes at 3.5 fast walk

10 minutes on elliptical trainer

I find that I have a hard time doing some exercises, mostly shoulders, because my right shoulder is lower than the left, and my elbows hyper-extend. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, I stepped on the scale this morning, and I finally hit my 75 pound loss mark!!! So excited!! It took me 3 months to lose 15 more pounds, I hit a plateau, but hopefully this is me breaking through it. I have never seen 190 on the scale before!!! At least not since I was a child lol

Hey Haylee! Great job!

I know it's frustrating to find out how many food items have animal products in them. BUT... Just keep doing the best you can, striving for improvement each day, and don't beat yourself up over "mistakes" because then you'll likely just get discouraged and may give up. It's okay, just keep learning! If you need any help at all, feel free to reach out to me. I've been vegan for a couple years now and have learned a lot along the way!

Keep up the great work!

All the best,

Karen

Thanks Andrea!! Today was not such a good day for me lol. I had a ton of stuff to do all morning/afternoon, then dinner at my mother/grandmothers house....and then remembered that the gym closes at 6 on sundays. I was looking forward to going very much! Tomorrow is my bf and I 7 year anniversary, we are going to start it off by going early

I find that I have a hard time doing some exercises, mostly shoulders, because my right shoulder is lower than the left, and my elbows hyper-extend. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi i have the same problem with the shoulder right ones higher than the left just recently been going to see a chioporacter, you may want to go see one i think it can be corrected

Awesome job!! You are really inspiring, and we're kind of coming from the same place. I've lost 69 pounds since going completely vegan (and a total of 114 down so far from my top weight, ugh) and being vegan is sooooo worth it. Definitely a little bit of a learning curve when I first started, but you will get it all figured out. Luckily there's so much more in terms of resources online nowadays...keep up the awesome work, I am cheering you on from Las Vegas.

Maria

Congrats hellbent!! That is such a success!!! Thanks for the reply pphelps, I was seeing one for about a two months, and he would just allign me, and put a thing in my shoe so that I stand higher on the right side..but I didnt see even a slight bit of improvement, so I stopped going. Have you seen an improvement from yours? I might attempt to go again.

Did he tell you if your hip is lower on that side as well? He said mine is

Congrats hellbent!! That is such a success!!! Thanks for the reply pphelps, I was seeing one for about a two months, and he would just allign me, and put a thing in my shoe so that I stand higher on the right side..but I didnt see even a slight bit of improvement, so I stopped going. Have you seen an improvement from yours? I might attempt to go again.

Did he tell you if your hip is lower on that side as well? He said mine is

I have only been once so can’t really say if it had improved or not yet got another appointment on Saturday so will see what he says.

He said my left hip is not aligned with the right side, I always get a sore hip on the left side from running sometimes I wake up in the night and it’s just aching, I have not been running on it for about 10days I have been doing cardio on spin bike and elliptical and it has not felt as bad, (really missing running though!!)

I Have stopped doing squats with barbell (Missing them too) as that seems to aggravate my hip.

I’m trying to do single limb movement’s i.e leg extension one leg at a time and shoulder laterals one arm at a time as he said they were weak so trying to build up strength in them.

Plus I find my legs lack any real development and I’m wondering if the mis-alignment of my hips is a factor?

I would love to hear what your chiro has to say next time! I am going to be making an appointment with another one, and will be sure to tell you what he says as well. I also read that even though this condition isnt scoliosis, that it benefits to do exercises and stretches that is for scoliosis. That might be something to look into as well. I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain I get pain in my hips from fast walking/running as well, and my shoulders ache often too.

Today felt like a great work out! I usually do legs by themselves, but I included them in today since I couldnt get to the gym yesterday.

Cable Low Row- 45 lbs, 4x36

Lat pull down -55lbs, 4x36

Deltoid Fly Machine-40lbs, 4x36

Sitting angle DB Curls-15lbs each arm, 4x30

Standing DB Hammer Curls-15 each arm, 4x20

V squat machine- 50lbs, 4x36

Seated Leg Curl Machine- 40lbs, 4x36

Seated Calf Raises, 45lbs, 2x50

30 minutes intervals on treadmill 3.0,3.5,4.0 mph

I would love to hear what your chiro has to say next time! I am going to be making an appointment with another one, and will be sure to tell you what he says as well. I also read that even though this condition isnt scoliosis, that it benefits to do exercises and stretches that is for scoliosis. That might be something to look into as well. I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain I get pain in my hips from fast walking/running as well, and my shoulders ache often too.

Today felt like a great work out! I usually do legs by themselves, but I included them in today since I couldnt get to the gym yesterday.

Cable Low Row- 45 lbs, 4x36

Lat pull down -55lbs, 4x36

Deltoid Fly Machine-40lbs, 4x36

Sitting angle DB Curls-15lbs each arm, 4x30

Standing DB Hammer Curls-15 each arm, 4x20

V squat machine- 50lbs, 4x36

Seated Leg Curl Machine- 40lbs, 4x36

Seated Calf Raises, 45lbs, 2x50

30 minutes intervals on treadmill 3.0,3.5,4.0 mph

I am going to ask him about running etc see what he says.

I go to the gym at 5.30am so at night planning on doing some pilates at home i found some winsor pilates vids online to do 20 minutes is nothing at night, just done one my core felt so weak i was shaking so hoping this will make improvements in my posture and hip pain.