Hello from Savannah Georgia

apex52

Hello all,

Former carnivore here. I have been a vegetarian since Thanksgiving 2010 and can attest to the health benefits of a vegetarian diet. I had my blood tested before I went vege and I had extremely high triglycerides. I am 5'6 and weighed 200lbs to 210lbs and felt physically destroyed. Being overweight was something new to me as I was a Marine weighing in at 145lbs in 2000. I went cold turkey, eliminating all meat and caffeine from my diet and have not looked back. After 6 months, I had my blood tested again and everything was within spec. My weight dropped down to 160lbs and day to day life began to feel much more rewarding. Now I would like to get as lean as possible and adopt a vegan diet, hopefully with some guidance.

Hi there! WOW! Your story is remarkable! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! What a powerful testament to the power of a HEALTHY vegan diet. Woohoo!

Have you seen the film "Forks Over Knives"? It's got so much scientific information that should help you drop the dairy pretty quick. The movie has changed a lot of people's lives!

Anyhow, congratulations again, and keep up the great work! Welcome to the VBB forum community!

All the best,

Karen

Forks Over Knives is a great movie. Some of my friends, people that would never consider changing their diet, actually cut out red meat and milk after seeing it. They may not go vege, but every little bit counts. Sick Fat and Nearly Dead and Earthlings are pretty compelling as well.

Those are all great films. I've seen all of them and they each reach a different audience. I love the amount of outreach the entire vegan community has been doing collectively over the past few years. It has been amazing!

Again, welcome aboard! Enjoy the forum!

-Robert