Low fat high carb raw vegans....

pinkdeacmd

Happy New Year,

I am quite excited to kick off the new year, and I am transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism. I just finished reading the 801010 book because I saw an article by Erin Moubray. (The book was alright, I'm not 100% convinced of all the science in the book, but I like the general idea!) I am just wondering if there is anyone out there currently practicing (or planning to practice) 801010?

Personally, I plan to make some adjustments. I like to take a daily supplement/B12/vitamin D. I may allow myself more than 10% fat too at times. Plus I am pretty certain I will eat some cooked foods/spices once in awhile, but I want to keep it to a minimum.

Any input would be wonderful!!!!

Well, I will earn my protein from what bits are found in the fruit/veggies. And of course the nut/seeds on occasion. According to the book if caloric intake is high, and in combination with strength training, you have enough building blocks to produce the muscle you need. I certainly will have the energy to perform...I will finally be able to eat sufficiently. In the end, my goal is to compete in a bikini/figure competition some day...thus I do not need a TON of mass. It worked for Erin, I would like to give it a go. I will keep pictures and post them before/after.

Cool,

I experimented with the 811 way a couple years ago but I hadn't been working out much at that time so I want to give it another go. I will also be altering it a bit too by taking B12 and D supplements, as well as chlorella, vega powder and some cooked veggies here and there. i usually keep my meals pretty simple (cayenne pepper on dinner once in awhile.)

My goal will be more fruit, get % fat lower (even though this past week has been off, damn holiday food)

Look forward to hearing how you do!

Happy new Year!

I am on the 80/10/10 ... not diet, way of living. It works fine. 2 huge disadvantages: you buy the food, especially in winter, and you pee more often. Especially when oranges are discounted.

But I'm feeling wonderful on it

Any advice? Specifically since I am working on building muscle?

How do you like Go fruit yourself??? So far I feel good eating mostly fruits. I have a history of disordered eating. And I def don't feel the need to binge anymore. I believe the sweetness of the fruits cures the desire for sweets/diet soda. Also, I am pretty darn full. I am still drinking almond milk, and vegan protein powder. I think in the last two days I have been more like 70.15.15. Which is fine with me. BlueRose, how are you doing with the diet?

How do you like Go fruit yourself??? So far I feel good eating mostly fruits. I have a history of disordered eating. And I def don't feel the need to binge anymore. I believe the sweetness of the fruits cures the desire for sweets/diet soda. Also, I am pretty darn full. I am still drinking almond milk, and vegan protein powder. I think in the last two days I have been more like 70.15.15. Which is fine with me. BlueRose, how are you doing with the diet?

Doing decently but I'm very new and still learning. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and need my greens, also have to figure out best way to prepare certain foods in advance. Last night I desperately wanted some form of starchy vegan protein, no nuts and nothing sweet. Closest I could come were my black beans, no idea if they were technically raw or not.

I just picked up 80-10-10, arrived in the mail yesterday. And Go Fruit Yourself is wonderful, already read it twice.

Doing decently but I'm very new and still learning. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and need my greens, also have to figure out best way to prepare certain foods in advance. Last night I desperately wanted some form of starchy vegan protein, no nuts and nothing sweet. Closest I could come were my black beans, no idea if they were technically raw or not.

Blue, pls be careful: Black beans have been known to be toxic if eaten raw/sprouted.

I do high carb, low fat and love it. I follow 80/10/10 about 80%, and then the cooked food I have is usually rice, potatoes, black beans and cooked vegetables a few times a week. So I keep the same macro ratio, just that 20% of it is cooked.

I am not trying to bulk up intentionally. I don't work out for aesthetics, but it's a nice side effect. I am just trying to get stronger, faster and build both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. So my muscle mass is going up about a 1lb. every 1-2 months.

I do high carb, low fat and love it. I follow 80/10/10 about 80%, and then the cooked food I have is usually rice, potatoes, black beans and cooked vegetables a few times a week. So I keep the same macro ratio, just that 20% of it is cooked.

I am not trying to bulk up intentionally. I don't work out for aesthetics, but it's a nice side effect. I am just trying to get stronger, faster and build both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. So my muscle mass is going up about a 1lb. every 1-2 months.

That's good! I have been doing something pretty similar...well with the occasional cooked food. I am glad to know I can still build some muscle on this program. Aside from maybe a little bit of bloating on the first or second day I have felt great. The last few days I had plenty of energy to work out. Also, I am so excited I no longer crave sweets! I think my body must really want fruit. Hehehe! Thanks for the input!

I am on the 80/10/10 ... not diet, way of living. It works fine. 2 huge disadvantages: you buy the food, especially in winter, and you pee more often. Especially when oranges are discounted.

But I'm feeling wonderful on it

I did 811 (mostly fruit of course) for a few months and I was peeing so much I had to stop drinking water!! Knowing that the purest, healthiest water on earth (processed billions upon billions of times before it even reaches the fruit) was cleaning out my body was the best feeling ever!!

That's good! I have been doing something pretty similar...well with the occasional cooked food. I am glad to know I can still build some muscle on this program. Aside from maybe a little bit of bloating on the first or second day I have felt great. The last few days I had plenty of energy to work out. Also, I am so excited I no longer crave sweets! I think my body must really want fruit. Hehehe! Thanks for the input!

If you are experiencing bloating you need to make sure you are following proper food-combining rules:

-Greens can be eaten with anything

-Melons digest the fastest and should be eaten alone, at the beginning of a meal

-Fats (avocados, nuts) digest the slowest and should be eaten only with greens

-There are 3 types of fruit: acid, sub-acid and sweet.

---Never combine acid fruits with sweet fruits (e.g. banana + orange or date + strawberry)

---Sub-acid fruits can be combined with acid fruits or sweet fruits, but not both

The most common newbie mistake is to combine acid fruit with sweet fruit, like strawberry-banana smoothies. Do something banana-blueberry or banana-peach instead (peach and blueberry are sub-acid). This video explains it the best:

How is anyone managing to eat cooked food on this diet without their body committing seppuku? Seriously, I tried eating veggie sushi on Fri cause it was all I could have and I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, and I'm STILL recovering...

I have to be VERY selective about the cooked food that I eat, and I have to eat a substantial amount of raw right beforehand. It has to be whole foods (OK so "if you cook it it's not a whole food" yeah, I know), with minimal spices / flavorings. Also, it has to be a small portion size. So for example, drink a 7-banana smoothie then eat a bowl of rice and veggies. My stomach capacity is so big at this point I could easily eat 2 portions at any restaurant... and then definitely get "melon belly".

Yeah, I REALLY overate on the veggie sushi. I don't even know how many pieces I had. I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, holy hell.
Yeah an empty stomach for a raw vegan is MUCH bigger than that of a usual person... except maybe a competitive eater. I once ate an entire 14" vegan pizza, a salad and a kombucha in one sitting. The salad and the kombucha did not offset the gluten-bomb that was the pizza...

I've been 80/10/10 raw vegan for 1.5 years and have had no issues greatly increasing my fitness and well being. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thank you!!!!!

I see a lot of folks following the 80 10 10 path do a lot of running/biking etc. Of course, I have always limited cardio because I want to make sure I gain weight *muscle. How much cardio is appropriate? I really love spinning, but I want to continue to put on muscle!

You look great!