Ninja Training Log

My training log:

www.godfist.com/traininglog.htm

I really should have made a log a long time ago to motivate myself to do more. I have been recovering from a virus recently which I have been using as an excuse to do less. But now with a log here, I will feel compelled to do stuff in order to appear less lazy. Please continually give me abuse and tell me to do more, or just generally insult me. If I haven't posted tomorrow (monday) by the end of the day, I am officially worthless.

http://www.godfist.com/vbb/Richard6.jpg

Edited by Richard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

training has been failing due to illness and circumstances, but I am feeling better now and more alert. My brother had been referred to the gym by his doctor, and I am going to join the gym with a year's membership. That means I'll be going to the gym constantly now, like the old days, I can't wait. Hopefully I will then have lots to put in the log.

gymed it up on friday, was pretty happy with what I did, but now my right arm is injured in some way. Feels like the tendon(s) of the tricep on my right arm, which meet the elbow. On saturday I could barely move my arm at all without considerable pain (but not agony), and today I can only get my arm to about 90 degrees, I can't bend it all the way. There was some swelling underneath the arm. Hopefully I just pulled the tendon(s) and they are recovering :s anyway, the log is updated...

it has been diagnosed as a tear in the bulk of the muscle itself, not the end of the muscle. The swelling is apparently blood from within the muscle, the swelling is now quite considerable. Now I can barely move the arm at all without pain. I've been putting ice on it and that makes it a bit better.

I can't drive, weight lift, do martial arts, play drums, play guitar, and it's preventing me from doing normal stuff like brushing my hair or eating because I'm having to do it with my left hand and I am no good with it, grr.

gymed it up on friday, was pretty happy with what I did, but now my right arm is injured in some way. Feels like the tendon(s) of the tricep on my right arm, which meet the elbow. On saturday I could barely move my arm at all without considerable pain (but not agony), and today I can only get my arm to about 90 degrees, I can't bend it all the way. There was some swelling underneath the arm. Hopefully I just pulled the tendon(s) and they are recovering :s anyway, the log is updated...

And in addition to this you have turned into a guitar playing snake-man

http://www.godfist.com/thank2.jpg

Richard!

I love the photos man! Keep em coming. I'll make sure I keep enough webspace to sustain them all.

I think we should work on a book project together....other than the one we've talked about. We should work on some sort of vegan ninja training or something like that with photos. Photos will be key to the success and the lovability of the book.

I hope you're back in action without pain in your triceps.

Keep on pushin!

Training has continued, I went mon,tue,wed,thur,fri last week for an hour each day, and I have done mon,tue,wed this week so far. I fully intend to keep it up. I don't know if the log is valuable to me though. I think personal bests will be good to take note of though and update.

At the moment I am doing:

Day 1

Rowing machine warm up 5 minutes

Resistance Row Machine

Lat Pull down machine

Bicep curls

Hammer curls

Leg raises (quads)

Bike 20 minutes or so (moderate for 10 minutes, then 10 minutes cool down)

Day 2

Rowing machine warm up 5 minutes

Smith Press (flat)

Smith Press (incline)

Smith Press (close grip) - Although not doing that yet for fear of injury

Lateral Shoulder raises

Shrugs

Abductor and the other one... for thighs and buttcheeks

Bike 20 minutes or so

Day 3

Cardio: mix up between rowing, bike and treadmill

So really I am doing back + bis twice a week, and doing chest, tris and shoulders twice a week, and doing cardio another day. But sometimes I mix it up a bit, to do what feels natural on a given day, and avoid doing stuff if I am stiff.

Also, on days that I feel like it I am also doing martial arts for 15 - 30 minutes at the gym in the aerobics room. My kicks are getting better each day. I managed to do 13 kicks on one leg without putting the foot down. I am also training my left leg a lot more. My right leg is my superior leg at the moment, I can do way more stuff with it confidently. So I am training left leg for side kicks, front kicks, round kicks, turn crescent kicks, inverted round kicks, jumping knee, jump kick, jump turn crescent kick and jump turn round kick. Those kicks are pretty 2nd nature to me on my right leg, but still clumsy on left leg. Working on hook kicks for my right leg.

• 4 months later...

Had a proper sort out at the gym, a trainer took me round to make sure my form and understanding of the machines is good, and he gave me advice on a routine. I was already doing correct form for about 95% of all exercises which is good, but he gave me some new ones. Now my week looks like this:

Monday: Chest and shoulders (side and top)

Warm up on the Rowing machine

Smith Press (flat)

Seated Press Machine

Incline Dumbell Flies

Lateral Shoulder Raises

Front Shoulder Raises

I am also adding the Seated Fly Machine thing sometimes, and will sometimes do Dumbell Press (Flat)

Some cardio - bike or martial arts

Tuesday: Back and Traps and rear shoulders

Warm up on the rowing machine

Lat Pulldown Machine

Resistance Row Machine

Shrugs

Seated Reverse Fly Machine

Inverted Sit-up thing

Possibly do single-arm Dumbell Rows, but I don't like them

some cardio - bike/row/martial arts

Wednesday: Abs and mid-section

Warm up on row machine

Crunches

Side Bends (with weights)

Kneeling Cable Crunch things

Roman Chair (I think that's what it's called, ab resistance machine)

some cardio - bike most likely

Thursday: Triceps and Biceps

Warm up on row machine

Seated Preacher curls with EZ bar

Cable Bicep Curls

Cable Tricep Pull-downs

Overhead Tricep... thingie

some cardio - row / bike / martial arts

Friday: LEGZ (i had previously not been doing much for legs)

Warm up on bike

Leg Extensions

Leg... Reverse... uhhh the opposite of leg extensions

Seated Squat-like Machine

Cardio - bike

Weekends: Do whatever the fuck I want, probably focus on chest and back and martial arts and abs

Calf Raise Machine