New You for the New Year Contest 2

NYNY (New You for the New Year) Challenge, Contest #2 – January 10, 2012

We've made it through Week 1 of the New You for the New Year Challenge and part of the way through week 2! And we wanna know...

What's the toughest workout you've had so far in 2012?

Here's How to Enter:

1) Post your answer as a reply to this post. (You must be a forum member to post/enter. Not a member yet? Click here: ucp.php?mode=register )

2) A winner will be selected at random from all answers posted by 9:00 PM Pacific on Tuesday, January 10.

PRIZES!

3) Today's winner will receive a copy of 'vegan tough guy' Mike Mahler's book Live Life Aggressively, and a 15-serving container of Plant Fusion protein powder.

Courtesy of http://www.mikemahler.com and http://www.plantfusion.net

Remember, you can't win if you don't play!

Simply post your reply below to enter. Go!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410OfHDSFHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/bYWyg4mZLhsfCtdhvpDnGQ-aIsLeFPPWZCjNCa9PllD_Tf90T4trKAgZIhwgsG3yvyzTUNvPh3jdAaMuMEA2zG2cUa_ysCCyLd052DQo5nk605qsPQCmmq29FpY0TfY04ctjbYpHk0SGCZ22Gr2kEMDPW79dwbalKpqDd0ZWerZfJQUcoXIXjGJ0TG6rVgHY4YGg7EBzS3ru1Vweu5c7GlqaDt7dYDAivvldNL3WsEMbniFCKMlXB9wZTh97XyVTdUSE1QzV9QkC4ozTPfEUMraCIx2yfGdGzvGjMcmaMcC--NHpj563hpV6Hhkg_bwaspxV79XO

The toughest workout i've had in 2012 has been going in to the gym on very little sleep, knowing how badly I wanted it but lacking the physical strength to push forward and do it. I couldn't even manage more than 10 mins of cardio. It just further reinforces how important sleep is. It's easy to be stubborn and push and push and push knowing that on any normal day you push weakness to the side and lift the weight and come out on top. It's entirely another thing when that attitude can't get you anywhere because you just don't have the juice in you to do it. I'll never go feeling like that again. Sometimes it's hard to accept that it IS ok to have a rest day because you wanna push it so hard and reach your goals but it takes some humility and patience to realize that your goals will still be there the next day and will in fact be easier to attain if you take a step back and let your body heal. GET ADEQUATE SLEEP IS THE NAME OF THE GAME!

1 KM cross trainer

Bench press 2x 6.5 kg 3 sets of 20 reps

Biceps 3 sets 12 reps 4, 5 kg

Step up high bench 60 each leg

Leg raise side: 3 sets of 15 reps

tricep kickback 3 sets of 10 reps 2kg

Abs 4 different 4x10 reps

40 min. walk.

This may not seem much, but is was.to me.

I have been dealing with severe back pains.

#So I am proud of this.

My toughest workout this year has been pulling double duty at the gym, I am currently training with a friend in all the multi-muscle power moves for strength training, Following My trainers recommendation for doing Cross fit workout of the days, and then boxing/kickboxing training, MMA conditioning or jiujitsu. I have rocked Three gyms last thursday.

My toughest workout was the one I had to go light and end early because my shoulder was injured. I wanted to push through because I have a goal - and didn't want to feel like I was cheating my workout. however, my username and email is bnhealthy - because B - N - Healthy is my number one goal above all else.

My toughest workouts are yet to come (KB workout tonight and speed ropes Thursday) but to date, my toughest workout is weight training plus marathon training. The last workout before I got sick was the toughest so far, 4 mile run then chest workout. I am going to start doing my runs in the morning then weight training after work because it is going to get too hard to do both in one session. And I don't want to compromise muscle mass ....

my toughest workout so far of the new year was the first one after vacation - it was just cardio, but it was so hard to get my legs moving and get my heart rate up. I tried to do sprints (which I have a serious love/hate relationship with...), but it was really tough to reach my normal level of exertion. After that first time back in the gym it 2012 has been great. My second toughest workout was leg day on Sunday where I did some new moves - still store today! That was also a great workout because I used the Vega Sport pre-workout drink and then followed up with the Vega Sport Protein after. I felt like a rock star all day after that workout and the supplement combo!

The toughest workout was my first of the year last week, after almost two weeks with only ONE solid workout. Feeling guilty about the time gone by, I jumped back right into my usual normal routine (both cardio & weight training), pushing myself to where I left off, rather than allowing myself to work back into it. Needless to say, I left feeling like I went too far and didn't achieve as much. 1) Gotta keep accountability and consistency to make sure I'm keeping myself to the standards I'm setting. 2) Also have to give myself a break, especially in these types of situations, allow myself to work back up to my (temp.) limits instead of feeling I'm lesser from the time off. Building back up again already!

Id have to say my toughest was yesterdays workout. I usually only do 2 muscle groups during one session, if I can help it. I decided to do 3, including legs. Biceps, back, and legs. I used a bit more weight than I was used to, and got to the point where I couldn't hold up a dumbbell, and my legs were shaking..but I forced myself to do walk/jog intervals for 30 minutes on the treadmill lol. I know this has to seem sooo pathetic, but for me, I really busted it out, and today Im really feeling it!!

So far my hardest workout of the year was X2 Total Body from the P90X2 series.

1 Arm Chest Press on a stability ball

4 Position Pull-Up

Push-ups Side Arm Balance on Medicine Ball

Switch Lunge Press

Warrior 3 Kick Back

Warrior 3 Curl

Boing Push-Ups

Crunchy Lever Pull-Ups

Mule Kick Burpee

Swimmers Curl Press in 1/2 Chair

Balance Kick Back on Stability Ball

Rocket Launcher Preacher Curl

and then I had to do those all over again! There was also an ab workout before that.

Deadlifts: 140x12, 280x1, 300x1, 230x10, 250x8, 230x6

Barbell Rows: 140x12, 160x10, 160x10

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 100x12, 130x12, 140x8, 140x6

Barbell Curls: 70x12, 75x10, 75x8

Reverse Cable Curls: 40x12, 50x6, 40x12

The 300lb deadlift killed me. I'd never lifted that heavy before and I'm still sore from this workout 2 days later.

Hardest workout of 2012 so far:

2 hour bike ride - 30 minute warm up, then 15 minutes of lactate threshold intensity with a 10sec sprint every minute, recover for 10 mins, 20 minute lactate threshold intervel, 30 minute ride home

Then went to the gym for 3 sets of squats, leg press, bench press, dead lifts, hamstring curls, and push ups.

It was a good day.

My hardest workout this year so far has been:

LYING LEG PRESS - 50X300lbs, 50x310lbs, 50x320lbs!!!

STANDING CABLE SQUAT AND ROWS - 20x110lbs x 3 sets

SIDE STEP HOP OVERS ON BOSU BALL - 30x7lbs x 3 sets

DB BENT OVER ROWS - 30x21.25lbs x 3 sets

MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS WITH GLIDERS - 50 reps x 3 sets

DB CRUNCHES ON BOSU - 50x25lbs x 3 sets

STEP UPS ON BOX 20 ES- 20x21.25lbs x 3 sets

SPIDERMAN PUSHUPS - 50reps x 3 sets

STEPPER - 30 mins

BIKE - 30 mins

I have done this program before, but not at the intensity that I did this day. The most special thing about this workout (and I always return to previous memories) was that 7 months ago, I could not lift more than 30lbs on the leg press. And even so - I was in pain. And yesterday, I pressed up to 320lbs. I am a dog lover. My trainer said to me - think about lifting a great dane. I told her this is like TWO great danes. When I got off the leg press, I was sweating and my legs felt like rubber. But I kept on goin! Also, my abs are certainly feeling the after math of my workout yesterday more than ever!

Happy 2012!

Toughest workout for me this year so far was the 20 mile run last Sunday, in Vibram Bikilas rather than regular running shoes. That run was the furthest I've ever ran in my life, certainly the furthest I've ever ran in the Vibrams, and I ran right the way through to mile 18 (3 hrs) before I took the only walk break of the run - yet another PR for me Total run time was 3 hrs 25 minutes with an overall 10:15 pace. Man, it felt good!