Mina's training journal

Mina

Fitness Goal:

1) Jog without running out of breath after 5 minutes. DONE! (Jan 11, '12)

1.1) Now to be able to jog twice around the block ; )

2) Regain the strength in my arms & legs (if nothing else) that I lost from doing nothing for 5 years.

3) Find my long lost butt & calves.

Current weight: 118lbs

Height: 5"7' and 3 quarters :P

I don't have measuring tape yet so no measurements to give, & when it's not ice cold in the house, I'll take "before" pictures & post a link here.

Related goals:

1) Keep a journal here, add to it consistently. Sorta kinda done! (Jan 11, '12)

1.1) keeping this up - I bought tapatalk to help =)

2) Learn how to count calories (I downloaded an app to help me).

3) Learn how to make meals with the right carb/pro/fat proportions for my needs.

4) Learn how to lift weights correctly.

5) Get back into yoga for reals.

This is all very new to me. Jan 1st is approaching very quickly, considering how much free time I have available to read the wonderful articles of the 12 days of VBB, Robert's VBB book, work out AND do everything else I need done. Rather than make the excuse that I can't "fully commit", I'll stick with what I can do and move up from there.

Note: support this site <3

Edited by Mina

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 1 January 1st - January 7th

Sunday:

Nada.

Monday:

Exercise: Jogged 20mins.

Burned: 140 (I think?)

Consumed: Somewhere between 1000-1500, didn't keep track. I did, however, take a Vega Pre-Energizer Workout & a Vega Meal Replacement, which come to 310.

Tuesday:

Exercise: nada

Consumed: Between 1000-1500.

Wednesday:

Burned: 140

Consumed: Between 1000-1500.

Thursday:

Consumed: approx 1500.

Weight: 120.8

Friday:

Exercise: Jogged 30mins =D

Burned: 210

Consumed: approx 1500

Weight: 119.8

Saturday:

Exercise: 20 mins of jogging

Consumed:1500 ish

Notes: Woohoo! I jogged more than once this week lol! And jogging doesn't hurt my knee =D

Week 2 January 8th - 14th

Sunday

Day off

Monday

Exercise: Jogged 20 mins

Consumed: approx 1500

Tuesday

Exercise: jogged 20mins

Consumed: approx 1500. Vega Pre-Workout Energizer before jogging & some juice after.

Wednesday

Exercise: jogged about 30 mins

Burned:

Consumed: Vega Pre-Workout Energizer before jogging & some juice after.

Vega complete whole food health optimizer + Sunwarrior raw vegan protein.

Then I ate less than a handful of potato chips (yuk, too salty), & the greasiest dinner ever probably worth 1000 calories lol. Fried wheat angel hair pasta, coconut oil, gardein beaf tips, broccoli, Shiitake mushrooms, and toasted sesame seeds! Uh, Braggs liquid aminos, ginger powder, cayenne & toasted sesame seeds too. Yum!

Thursday

Exercise: 20 mins of dance jog lol

Consumed: a lot lol. The usual Vega pre-workout energizer, Vega meal optimizer & some Nutribiotic's rice protein. I then had a Gnu bar & I tried this delish new vegan bar with a good amount of protein (14g) and fiber (10g), called Kawaii for 263 calories. For lunch I had some microwave Amy's enchilada meal & almond chips. Later I tried out a Vega sustain gel pack & it kicked butt. Oh! And I had this 4oz? bottle of gogi berry juice that claims you should only drink a couple oz a day, *shrug*. For dinner I had some lazy man's nacho platter with taco shell chips, Daiya, tofutti sour cream, refried pinto beans, black olives & salsa.

Weight: 120.8 - I thought my scale was broken, but it said I weighed 124ish at night lol.

Friday

Exercise: 30mins of dance jogging.

Burned: 240 calories?

Consumed: the usual Vega pre-workout optimizer, juice, Vega meal Replacer & extra Nutribiotic rice protein. Some almond/rice crackers that I'm starting to think I could make myself, with less sodium and more flavor.

My husband took me out to the restaurant & we shared an entré of hommus, fresh veggies & a pita like bread. I ordered this kick ass delicious stir fry with tempeh marinated in an oriental sauce over rice. So good.

I was about to go to bed but hunger hit like a truck so I ate a burrito with a bit of vegan sour cream & a tbsp of omega 3, 6, & 9 oil. Crazy calorie load, but oh so good lol. Bed time!

Weight: 123.2 before shower, 122.4 after... Maybe its cuz I peed somewhere between those weigh ins lol :P

Saturday

Off.

Notes: I bought insoles to wear while at work which has helped my knee. The real test will be Thursday, as that is the day I run around the most at work with their horrible floor.

I am really proud of myself for jogging 5 days last week & already off to a good start this week. I even jogged when I didn't feel like it. Thank goodness for Vega's pre-workout energizer, I tell you what lol.

Oh! And thank you to Robert Cheeke, for reminding me in a FB post you made of what to eat before, during & after working out! =D

Edited by Mina

I have always disliked jogging, so I don't just jog at a steady pace.

I jog taking small steps, big steps, side ways to the right then to the left, backwards, etc. When I have to stop for traffic or because the dog wants to sniff something, I'll do jumping jacks, dance, or w/e comes to mind.

I'm also trying to sweat as much as I can during this time, to help my body detox itself. Since I'm usually cold, I end up having to wear a long sleeve shirt, sweat pants, a hoodie with the hood on & tied in place, and sometimes 2 hoodies lol. Florida summers are nice because I can usually sweat up a good storm with just shorts and a t-shirt =)

To make sure I look extra dorky, ill often have bentonite clay spotted on my face over pimples... heh. Hey, sometimes ya gotta look ugly to look pretty.. that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

I started this journal by adding how many calories I was eating a day, but because the app I'm using doesn't seem to recognise half the food I'm eating (bar code scanner - its a calorie counting app with the least permissions, so it has its down sides), I have to manually enter everything I eat... And it was getting tedious so I had stopped.

Then I started just jotting down what I'm eating & now I started up again, slowly entering the nutritional info of my food into my app as I go. So, soon, ill be able to jot down just the name of the meal I ate in this journal, and for how many calories in no time! =D

This way, I'm not overwhelming myself, which helps me not just quit because its getting hard. Baby steps is what I gotta do. Heck, I still can't believe I'm even on this site lol. I want to bodybuild again, but I'm so not mentally, physically, financially, or even situationally capable at this time, but ill never be if I don't start somewhere =)

Aww thanks love =)

It does get easier to count them, and I'm happy the counter has a lot of basics like fruits & veggies (just not vegenaise for instance lol). I like to keep track of them so I don't risk eating less than what I need of protein, and so I can get the most out of my training =)

Do me a fav? Can you tell me if you see double of the second to last entry I posted? Lol I see double, but in case its a glitch on my side, I don't wanna delete the whole thing lol

Edited by Mina

thanks !

Looks like I can't just keep adding to a previous post AND stay subscribed, as my app is a jerk and somehow loses track of this one, forcing me to use FireFox to find it instead... defeating the purpose of an app... ugh, w/e. Anyways, hopefully posting now will put my journal at the top of the list now, so going back to app...

Note: oh goody, there it is... /facepalm. Now back to posting from my app.

Sunday

Weight: 120ish

Burned jogged for 20mins, 140

Consumed: Vega pre-workout Energizer, Vega whole meal optimizer in a smoothy with half a cup of banana & berries, coconut milk, green powder supplement, extra rice protein & omegas 369.

I sampled the new go4trim fiber supplement from genuine health which made me feel buzzed, had 2 homemade sandwiches, then tried to make some high fiber protein bars to snack on while at work. They turned out alright for a first attempt and no recipe. Oh, and I had an endurance bar from Vega.

Monday

I feel sick today. My head hurts & my nose is stuffy. I'll go jog anyways & just walk if it's too tough.

Took some pre-workout energizer, then blended up some Vega meal optimizer, bananas, berries, & rice protein with water.

Ate 2 apples, a raw active greens chocolate bar, big salad, and homemade sandwich with Tofurky, vegenaise, Dijon, lettuce & some Daiya on some high fiber bread.

Edited by Mina

Oh man, I wasn't that bad though, just ended up having the sniffles, sneezies, & I knew I wouldn't be able to work out tomorrow. =D course, I was also taking this potent herbal mix when I got to work which has helped =)

Hope you didn't make yourself worse!

Aww lol take care of yourself love! I'm not feeling as hot today either, and had to wake up at 5:30 for a 7 am meeting. Can't even get 8+ hrs of sleep when I'm sick lol.

Thankfully, its an off day as far as working out goes, so I don't have to wake up even earlier.

Breakfast

Coffee, soy creamer & Stevia.

Snack

Some cookie-like thing that I made lol which had old style oat meal, hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut oil, peanut butter, sesame seed butter, & 1 mashed banana.

Lunch

2 home made sandwiches, consisting of high fiber bread, Tofurky, Vegenaise, mustard, lettuce and a few shreds of Daiya.

Dinner

Had a go4trim stick from Genuine Health, a big homemade salad of red chard, curly lettuce, Braggs liquid aminos, lemon juice, fresh garlic & onions, and my herbal seasoning mix, along with some homemade miso soup. So full lol.

Edited by Mina