Hey there, I'm new!

yogita chiquita

My hubby was right, this really IS a great site!

I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Kristy and I've been vegan for almost a whole year! This is one of the best things I've ever done - for animals, for the earth, for myself - I'm very proud of it! I'm excited to have the opportunity to pick the brains of like-minded folk, it's going to be nice not to feel like the odd-gal out for a change!

Alittle about me - recently married and loving it, I've recently started going back to a formal yoga class after a long hiatus with the occassional self-instruction (I'm just not disciplined enough to do a good job on my own!), and I love snowboarding.

It'll be nice to meet everyone, thanks for having me!

Welcome Yogita Chiquita,

Is your husband on the forum? Tell him thank you from me for introducing you to the site.

Great to have you here and you will have tons of fun, learn all kinds of stuff, and find all sorts of motivation.

Thanks for joining and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Is your husband on the forum? Tell him thank you from me for introducing you to the site.

Yep, he's finbarrio, I know he just joined recently. He's been telling me I need to take a gander at your site, that it's more than just bodybuilding, so here I am! Hoping to broaden my vegan horizons a bit here! Recipes, working out, whatever!

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh cool

Yeah, I think people are intimidated at first when they hear it is a "bodybuilding" site, which it is, but it is also a general vegan site and this forum is a section of the website and is dedicated to all types of topics from Animal Rights to Relationships to Powerlifting.

I'm really glad you both found the site and enjoy it so far. We have a pretty neat group.

Have fun!

-Robert

Welcome Yogita Chiquita!!! Cute name, hun - I guess that translates to "Mexican Yoga Guru".

I told you this was an awesome site!

Yeah, I think people are intimidated at first when they hear it is a "bodybuilding" site, which it is, but it is also a general vegan site and this forum is a section of the website and is dedicated to all types of topics from Animal Rights to Relationships to Powerlifting.

Definitely! I guess my view is that this IS a bodybuilding site, and though I'm not a bodybuilder, I really respect them, and I certainly can learn a lot from bodybuilders that will make me a stronger athlete in general. And, I probably have a lot more in common with the people on this forum (the vegan/animal welfare/rights thang) than I do with people on my mountain biking forums. And, when I see picutes of some of the huge and fit people on this forum, I am even more certain that vegan and fitness go hand-in-hand. And, it's good to read and share the experiences of being a vegan athlete. Booyah!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel all cozy inside!

Welcome Yogita Chiquita! Great screen name.

And who is the beautiful dog in your avatar?

Yeah, thought a fun name was in order, I am the Mexican Yoga Guru afterall... That's Indy, our sweet ol'husky, one of the members of our "pack." You've got a lovely tuxedo cat there yourself!

it's good to read and share the experiences of being a vegan athlete. Booyah!

Right on, Sugar! There is a snowboarding forum that I go to, which is very informative about snowboarding, but I get the impression that there's lots of young'un's on that site - not that you can't be young and informative, but I think that sometimes they can't help themselves from being, well, immature. Not so sure I have lots in common with most of them. So, no, I'm not a bodybuilder, but this is a community with similar mission to my own - living a healthy, cruelty free life - I'm thinking I'll learn lots from being here!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel all cozy inside!

Welcome Yogita Chiquita! Great screen name.

And who is the beautiful dog in your avatar?

Yeah, thought a fun name was in order, I am the Mexican Yoga Guru afterall... That's Indy, our sweet ol'husky, one of the members of our "pack." You've got a lovely tuxedo cat there yourself!

Funny that I have never heard the term tuxedo cat & then on this site I've heard it twice!

BTW, there is a photo forum where we would love to see pics of the rest of your pack!