Fit Before 40 , We Can Rebuild Him.....2012 Log..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lobsteriffic - I had my Tendon Surgery done in June and Ankle Ligament surgery in July..In October I tried to start back up doing Barbell squats and I wasn't ready.I think it put a lot of pressure on my right leg and ended up messing my knee up , doctor had me on Celebrex to help bring down the pain and swelling.It feels better now but all I have done since than is calve raises, leg presses, and lately i started doing DB Goblet Squats..and i also started doing various Pilates like exercises for my leg, Lying Leg raises, side leg raises, putting the band thing around my thighs and walking sidesways (though i am going to look for the one you put around your ankles cause it always moves..

Michelle - sent you an email!

Workout- Cardio Day Only

• General kicking, Punching , Jumping around (the best i can, dont think i even got off the carpet, lol..babysteps., walking in place Listening to Slayer In between all of this I alternated 1 minute of Burpees and Mountain Climbers and I ended up doing both of these twice in 54 minutes..Broke a nice sweat today!

Nutrition

• 4 am - steel cut oats, hemp protein powder, Sunsweet Antioxidant Blend, Kirkland Apples and Cinnamon instant oatmeal see below. Kombucha Multi Green
  • 7 am - Raw Sunflower Seeds
  • 9 am - clif bar
  • 11 am - amy's Low Sodium Lentil Soup
  • 5 pm - Garbanzo Beans, Green Beans, Tumeric Powder,Naked Green Machine, can of Amstel Light
  • 7 pm - Vega Complete Chocolate, Hemp Protein,Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreen

I put to much water in my oatmeal when i was making it this mornng so i had to add some quick oats cause it was all runny and i like my oatmeal clumpy...oh well ended up eating more than i wanted, probably why i felt like poo at work today..nice cardio today though, really broke a sweat.

152 ounces of Water

cals1112012.jpg.b7afa5abb26a4b76ee9f3f016be03d38.jpg

473147981_Picture70.thumb.jpg.37af6f377cfc7ef21bc6ca9a678e2311.jpg

95405023_Picture72.thumb.jpg.aa8f870aabd32ace3eefb4e1781e76d8.jpg

Workout

• Walk to Work 1.3 miles
  • Elliptical Trainer - an average heart rate of 127 BPM, Max was 151 I believe for 30 minutes

Nutrition

• Breakfast: Quinoa,Hemp Protein,Olive oil, Dates, flaxseed meal, Bolthouse Carrot Juice
  • 8:00 am: Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens
  • snack one : Amy's Low Sodium Lentil Soup
  • Lunch: Garbanzo Beans, Spinach, Bragg Kelp seasoning, Bragg Nutritional Yeast,
  • snack 2: Pure Wild Blueberry Bar
  • Dinner : Garbanzo Beans, Tumeric seasoning, Ginger seasoning, Dates, Carrot Juice
  • snack 3: Vega, Hemp Protein

Workout was great..it was nice to actually break a sweat doing cardio.now to get my ass up the gym to actually do it on a regular basis..Something I am eating is giving me an upset stomach...I am thinking it maybe the lentil soup, Some Yogi organic Herbal Ginger tea seemed to have helped a little.Otherwise energy level was pretty good despite small quota numbers at work.Not entirely my fault when the tickets i am picking are small, didn't get bitched at or anything so no biggie.I am falling asleep easier nowadays,being somewhat of an insomniac for the last 15-20 years or so it is a relief to fall asleep around the time i want too,Now if i could just quit waking up at 1-2 in the morning grrr.I am hoping to get off the Trazadone soon though.hopefully within the next few months.

Bought some Organic Peanut Butter from Arrowhead Mills today was thinking of spreading it on some rice cakes or something, i dunno know yet.stocked up on some larabars, local grocery store has them 10 for $10.00 right now so i got a few..

cals1122012.jpg.3234805491335885ecc38ea4cea05a15.jpg

Great log! It's very inspirational. I see your Daily Intake Totals. What website / app are you using to track and calculate those numbers?

Also, I'm guessing you're a Red Sox fan? Awesome! Tough year for them but the Pats & B's are back! I grew up in Mass. and live in NYC now.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/394054_10150535829973970_514773969_9238322_975385146_n.jpg

never mess with a ninja blender blade...3 stitches and can not get it wet for 24 hours than i can take this wrapping off and just wear a bandaid...I might have to dig out the bands for the next couple weeks for resistance training..at least i got my chest and biceps done before the ninja got me...

workout

Chest and Biceps

• DB Bench Press 30x20, 40x15, 60x8, 60x8, 60x10, 60x10
  • DB Incline Bench Press 60x8,60x10,60x10
  • DB Flys 30x10, 30x10, 30x10
  • Bicep Curls 40x12, 40x9, 40x10, 50x7, 50x6

Was going to do Modified push Ups to when I had time at work but my little mishap in the kitchen prevented that.Next couple weeks might be tricky, we will see...No Evening cardio but plan on doing the elliptical Saturday morning.

Nutrition

• Preworkout - Vega Chocolate Whole Food, Almond Milk
  • Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats, Organic Peanut Butter, Banana, Flaxseed, Sweet Leaf Stevia
  • Lunch - Veggie Burrito Bowl at Chipotle with Brown Rice, black beans, all the salsa except the hot, corn and lettuce. with a couple slice of lime
  • Snack - Big Ass Sweet potato, vega complete food meal, hemp powder
  • Dinner - Garbanzo Beans, chopped sweet peppers, Dates, Bragg herb Sprinkles
  • Snack - clementimes, Sunwarrior Protein Blend

Water Intake 144 ounces or maybe more..night is still young

cals1132012.jpg.6ab77224d8be679b3cccaf78babc8334.jpg

Workout

Music Choice Today:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/thumb/get?bid=%2FDK%2Fv7KHueg8Iw&bn=CC&fbid=7wIR63%2BClmj%2B0A&fbn=CC

Legs

Warmup - 5 minutes on the Bike

• Leg Press - 75x30, 105x30, 210x15,210x15, 300x10, 195x15
  • Seated leg curl - 75x30, 105x20,120x15,120x15, 120x15, 75x30
  • Goblet Squat - 40x12,40x10,40x10
  • Seated Calve Raise - 50x40,110x30,130x30,130x30
  • Lateral Slide on with Ankle Straps for resistance - 2 sets x width of the basketball court 4 times (these really showed how bad my stamina is.running out of breath did me in before any muscle burn...)

My form was a little more sloppier

Cardio

• Elliptical Trainer Average Heart Rate=140 bpm, 25 minutes
  • Walk Away the pounds 5 miles dvd

1 hour 5 minutes

Elliptical i did right after the lateral slides so my heart rate was already pretty high before i started so their was no building my heart rate up today.It was a straight up 25 minutes sweatfest.The Elliptical def is the best tool for me cardio wise.Less Stress on the knee, stretches my achilles a little but very little stress.at least that is what I have observed the last couple days doing it.

Nutrition

• Breakfast - Vega Whole Food, sunwarrior protein blend , Almond Milk
  • Pre Workout - Garbanzo Beans, Morton Nature Seasoning
  • Post Workout - Banana, vega performance protein
  • Lunch - Klondike Medley potatoes, broccoli cuts, flaxseed meal, hemp protein, mini sweet peppers, bragg nutrional yeast, mrs dash table blend, spirulina
  • snack - Larabar Gingersnap
  • Dinner - Romaine Lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, mini peppers, sunflower seeds, seeds of change french tomato dressing
  • Snack - vega whole food, sunwarrior protein blend
  • Snack (eat whenever today) - 2 bananas

Prepped everything up don't expect to change anything on here...seems like a good day for me nutrition wise..

Water Intake - 144 ounces

cals1142012.jpg.bbdc3a8ae097f29ebc5e89474603b9d5.jpg

I am going to have to take a week off from the lifting part of my workouts unless i can get a good grip i dunno,tried lifting a dumbbell and it was a no go, finger is swollen from where they injected the the stuff that numbed the finger so they could stitch it, so i am still not sure if i will be able to get a good grip even the swelling comes down.because i ain't suppose to be smacking my finger on anything ..grrr tried the bands and it hurt my finger, only thing that didn't bother it to much was a kettlebell but that is only like 20 pounds ( i do have two of them)..probably just do 3-4 all body thing or something..i dunno

tomorrow is my day off so i will figure things out, contact Michelle and see what she thinks...

I'm so sorry to hear about your finger, Jesse. Just do what you can. But if you have to, lay off the weight training and get in as much cardio as you can this week.

Your weight is still steadily dropping. Yay!! Be patient and keep at it. You didn't put on the extra weight in a few weeks; so it won't all come off (permanently) that quickly. You're doing great! Keep it up! : )

I'll take a look at things more closely and send you an email shortly.

workout

Cardio

• Walk to work 25 minutes
  • Elliptical Training Intervals 40 minutes..Crossramp/Resistance 4/4 resting period...9/9 on HIIT.. AVG HR 132..During the Higher Interval setting my heart rate was at about 141-144

Decided to try out the Machines It went well, I didn't lift heavy or anything..Pushing exercises I didn't have much of a problem with, Pulling exercises which require a tighter grip was a bit of a problem..

Lifting

• Shoulder Press - 3x60x12
  • Chest Press 3x75x12
  • Pec Fly 40x14, 60x12, 60x12
  • Lat pulldown 60x15, 60x15, 75x10
  • Bicep Curl 50x8, 40x12
  • Tricep Extension 50x15, 50x12, 60x12

Nutrition

• Meal One - Sunwarrior Blend, Vega Performance Protein, Almond Milk, Banana, Spirulina
  • Meal Two - Larabar Chocolate Coffee Bar,
  • Meal Three - Hemp Protein, Clif Carrot Cake
  • Meal Four - Garbanzo Beans, Spinach, Broccoli
  • Meal Five/Pre workout Larabar Cashew Cookie, Hemp Protein
  • Meal Six/Post Workout - Coconut water, Vega Performance Protein
  • Meal Seven - Chili

Water 160 OZ

cals1162012.jpg.c37cb459e246b621476b09d8d31d70e4.jpg

Edited by jbrickzin