Fast Food

mrveggieman

I know that that is a bad word on this site but here's my deal. I have been a vegetarian for 8 going on 9 years. I'm not quite vegan yet but would like to be one day. I am 36 years old and 5-10 weighing in around 155 pounds. I am interested in gaining muscle weight not fat. I try to maintain an overall healthy diet but I do like to treat myself from time to time and my wife also buys me food when sometimes too. Now the only fast food I would eat would be a veggie burger/patty from bk/subway etc, fries, cookies, etc. No mcdonalds at all. I want to know how often should I eat it as a treat? I heard that if I eat too much of it it will hinder my gaining goals. Any thoughts, opinions, positive feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dear,

I never like fast foods I always prefer home made vegetarian foods.

Fast foods are not good for the health, these create many problems for the health such as stomach diseases, digestion problems and weight gain. So we should avoid the fast foods.

Probably not what you want to hear but from looking up the ingredients of the bk veggie burger online it doesn't even resemble something I would call "food".

Have you thought of making your own "bk burger" with a more healthy, vegan meat substitute/buns/condiments? You can tell your brain you're eating a "bk burger" and it could possibly just ween you off of this fast food product.

Just my .02.

I know that that is a bad word on this site but here's my deal. I have been a vegetarian for 8 going on 9 years. I'm not quite vegan yet but would like to be one day. I am 36 years old and 5-10 weighing in around 155 pounds. I am interested in gaining muscle weight not fat. I try to maintain an overall healthy diet but I do like to treat myself from time to time and my wife also buys me food when sometimes too. Now the only fast food I would eat would be a veggie burger/patty from bk/subway etc, fries, cookies, etc. No mcdonalds at all. I want to know how often should I eat it as a treat? I heard that if I eat too much of it it will hinder my gaining goals. Any thoughts, opinions, positive feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I used to think everything in moderation was ok but now I'm not so sure. My family & I

avoid Fast Food like the plague.

The TransFats they use in Fries should be out lawed.

Does fast food cause brain damage?

http://theweek.com/article/index/223096/does-fast-food-cause-brain-damage

veggie chipotle is a good option. brown rice, fajita veggies, lettuce, guac, hot sauce.

i get the veggie bowl

Yes, but you gotta do the bowl like:

2x black beans

1x brown rice

1x fajita veggies

2x tomato salsa

1x corn salsa

1x guacamole

8x lettuce (I get mine in a separate bowl and mix the two)

Gives you about 800 calories and 35g protein. Yum!