Cycling On The Edge

Name: Karak

Married

Geek

5'4

125lb mostly muscle but need to regain mass in arms (now down to 10.5inches)

This is why I am here, I truely believe that I can have the muscle I want w/out meat.

I'm not afraid to admit I need help with this goal. I'd really like to find a new PPowder that does not contain Soy.

hey kara, one really good resource for all kinds of proteiny things is truenutrition.com. you can make custom protein mixes and blends with a variety of flavors, sweetners, and additives. they have soy, hemp, rice, and pea proteins... and it's way cheaper than most stuff you can find in stores.

Welcome!

Nice calves!

There are lots of great whole food sources of great protein, of course, such as beans, legumes, greens, nuts, seeds, some grains, etc.

For protein powders, Vega is by far my favorite, and soy-free. www.myvega.com or www.vegasport.com which is what I use the most.

Some other names include:

HealthForce Nutritionals - www.healthforce.com

SunWarrrior - www.sunwarrior.com

Plant Fusion - www.plantfusion.net

Growing Naturals - www.growingnaturals.com

and many others.

Check www.veganproteins.com and www.veganessentials.com

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thanks everyone! It was a great weekend. The kids were invited to a B'day party @ Sports Rock http://www.sportrock.com/

We had a blast & it was a great work out. I think we are going to join. If you have one in your area go check it out.

Arms are still 10.5

Thighs are 19.5

The only place that has not lost inches is my gut. Oh well, hubby says I'm hot & who the heck do I want to impress anyway.

2 very bright notes:

* Hubby read "Food Bites" from Bitman & has decided to make small changes in the amount of meat he eats. He plans to eat more beans. He takes very good care of himself & I can not bitch at him for eating meat.

** We started baking our own wheat bread for the kid's school lunches. We are going to try to make a loaf of bread every weekend. We always pack their lunches anyway but there is always room to improve what we feed them.

Is anyone else sick of all the chems in the food?!?!? WTF are "spices" it's listed on every single food lable I read. I don't remember this ingredient being so prevelant before.

hey kara, one really good resource for all kinds of proteiny things is truenutrition.com. you can make custom protein mixes and blends with a variety of flavors, sweetners, and additives. they have soy, hemp, rice, and pea proteins... and it's way cheaper than most stuff you can find in stores.

Thank you for the link! I'll check it out.

You're probably going to think this is funny but I'm scared of the chems in PPowder.

Welcome!

Nice calves!

There are lots of great whole food sources of great protein, of course, such as beans, legumes, greens, nuts, seeds, some grains, etc.

For protein powders, Vega is by far my favorite, and soy-free. http://www.myvega.com or http://www.vegasport.com which is what I use the most.

Some other names include:

HealthForce Nutritionals - http://www.healthforce.com

SunWarrrior - http://www.sunwarrior.com

Plant Fusion - http://www.plantfusion.net

Growing Naturals - http://www.growingnaturals.com

and many others.

Check http://www.veganproteins.com and http://www.veganessentials.com

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thank you so much. I'll check out the links ASAP.

I'm very proud of my legs - I've always been an avid runner/cyclist.

Cardio keeps them very lean but Squats, Lunges & Dead Lifts keep them lean.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

The advisory means to expect gusts of 45 mph, although forecasters say to look for winds of up to 50 mph, which can make driving difficult.

HA! The wind nearly knocked me sidways today.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

The advisory means to expect gusts of 45 mph, although forecasters say to look for winds of up to 50 mph, which can make driving difficult.

HA! The wind nearly knocked me sidways today.

LOL. When I lived in Philly, I just leaned into those winds. I can fight it or I can use it!

Yesterday:

4.5 mile run - hit the hills hard

Today:

Shoulders

glutes

thighs

Increased Protein intake - bought MET-Rx Protein Plus from Trader Joes.

I can only handle 1 scoop because 2 scoops made my stomach churn. It felt

like I had a log in my stomach for over 2 days.

Short Funny story: I was on Freecycle the other day & there was an offer for "A Large Wooden Index Card Box".

The lady said it had nice dovetailing but a little scratched ontop.

I was like "Hell Yeah" I could totally use a wooden box like that for all my garden seeds.

So I email & said I'd come get it.

As it turns out, the Large Wooden Box was smaller then a toaster??????

WTF? Large should = Large right???

Plus the lid was broken

When I got home I tossed it in the garbage

• 3 months later...

Here's a new bike commuter pain story:

The other day I was cycling home when I noticed a tree trimmer service throwing tree limbs into a huge shredder.

Unfortuntaley it was to late to stop - I rode through a cloud of sawdust & was instantly blinded. I crashed into a parked

car & couldn't see for over 10mins. I've never had anything like this happen in my life. It was horrifying

A few months ago someone got into our SUV & stole the change. So when we heard someone screwing around by the vehicles @ 2:30am we peekd out the window. We couldn't see them but heard someone saying "shut the fuck up" & a girl laughing. We called out & asked if everything was ok, only to realize it was our a'hole neighbor's kid. He was drunk & replied "I'm going to burry you". Then he drove through his parents front lawn.

As far as we can tell he hasn't gotten into trouble & no one was killed. His parents prob don't even know/care about him driving drunk.

So why does it PISS ME OFF SO MUCH!?!?!?! I'm so angry at the little sh!t - I want to punch him in the face for driving that girl home drunk.

Hubby wants to talk to his parents but I think it's best to leave it go. I told him if we see him driving drunk again we are calling the cops.

The other day I was cycling home when I noticed a tree trimmer service throwing tree limbs into a huge shredder.

Unfortuntaley it was to late to stop - I rode through a cloud of sawdust & was instantly blinded. I crashed into a parked

car & couldn't see for over 10mins. I've never had anything like this happen in my life. It was horrifying

This is crazy! What in the world, were they just blowing the chips into the road?

They should be putting the shredded chips into a truck and removing it. Or maybe it blew out of the truck?

Regardless, that is a freak thing. As a fellow bicyclist I know how it can be, the weirdest things you wouldn't think of normally being a problem can be a big problem on a bike.

Glad you wasn't seriously hurt.

This is crazy! What in the world, were they just blowing the chips into the road?

They should be putting the shredded chips into a truck and removing it. Or maybe it blew out of the truck?

Regardless, that is a freak thing. As a fellow bicyclist I know how it can be, the weirdest things you wouldn't think of normally being a problem can be a big problem on a bike.

Glad you wasn't seriously hurt.

The best I can describe is that the saw dust blew out in the exhaust.

I think it's good we can share bike commuting stories.

It helps fellow cyclists avoid some of the pitfalls of the daily grind.

By any chance do you wear cycling goggles? I've been debating getting some. The pollen has been brutal.

The best I can describe is that the saw dust blew out in the exhaust.

I think it's good we can share bike commuting stories.

It helps fellow cyclists avoid some of the pitfalls of the daily grind.

By any chance do you wear cycling goggles? I've been debating getting some. The pollen has been brutal.

The "exhaust" you refer to is a tube that the shredded pieces of the wood are blown through. They should have been blowing those pieces into the back of a truck similar to a dump truck. If they weren't, I don't know how they could get away with blowing it directly into the street. Possibly it blew over the edges of the truck? I dunno, but if you see them doing it again and are not blowing it into a truck you should report them.(assuming this is in a city limits). Heck, you may could have sued them for your injuries/pain if they weren't doing this properly.

I have worn goggles in the past when I did a lot of off road cycling, which are almost a must off road. Now I mainly ride the roads and only wear shaded ones in the summer if the sun is bright. And yes, the pollen is unreal this year. Pollen normally never bothers me, but it is causing havoc with me this year, mainly with my sinuses and throat. No problems with my eyes, but if it is bothering your eyes, maybe goggles would help with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another new but way cuter cycling story.

Was riding in yesterday morning when Momma Mallard & her ducklings all decided to cross the bike path.

Of course I stopped but it was very very sudden. Happy to report none of the ducks were hurt

• 1 month later...

If I can get anyone do just one thing it would be to can your own tomatoes.

The taste is like a ray of summer sun on a bleak Feb day.

If you don't want to can you can grill or roast tomatoes, bag them & toss in freezer.

We stashed over 20 bags this summer & they go pretty quick when tomato season is over.

480455_3502900575756_1059054442_n.jpg