Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm 
Elephant

Daywalker wrote:
Aaaahhh ...

8)

Thanks to google, i can present you a cool pic :)

There are e lot of bodybuilders around i think look great, but so far i've never seen one who was PERFECT, one that made me think "wow i want to look LIKE THAT!".
I've always been a fan of comic books and super heroes, though. Batman, Superman, Spiderman and of course - the incredible HULK:

8)

Quoting this from Daywalker, back in 2005.

I was watching a video the other day, featuring a few pro bodybuilders who were asked about their inspiration for beginning bodybuilding. A few of them didn't name actual bodybuilders, but instead named cartoon superheros like The Incredible HULK or He-Man. I'll try to find the video.

One person who inspired me to be big and STRONG is Reg Park. Reg won Mr Universe in 1951, 1958 and 1965. He was very strong, deadlifting 700 lbs, squatting 605 lbs, pressing 315 lbs overhead and is on record as the second person to ever bench 500lbs. Arnold attributes a lot of his success to Reg Park, through the use of methods he taught him, including simple, heavy 5x5 style training routines.

Post subject: Re: What is your ideal physique?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am 
Rabbit

I am going for something like this (which I hope is easy to maintain for the next 20 years):
or if I get pretty:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm 
Manatee

adrianisgnarly wrote:
Of course.

Arnold was a God. Even though I don't take steroids, I would love to be able to attain such a level of muscle mass.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 pm 
Finch

boardn10 wrote:
adrianisgnarly wrote:
Of course.

Arnold was a God. Even though I don't take steroids, I would love to be able to attain such a level of muscle mass.

I chose the veganbodybuilding.com forum over the bodybuilding.com forums in hopes that I wouldn't see so many people idolize the affects of steroids on the body. Sure, Arnold looks good, but the fact that he openly admits to taking steroids we know that his body image is falsified.
I would hope that those who choose a vegan lifestyle would not choose to idolize Arnolds body. That is not what a "natural" body builder looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 pm 
Elephant

Steroids do not do any of the hard work for anyone that takes them. For bodybuilders, all they do is allow them to get to a certain size that they might not be able to reach without them. Steroids do not make the work that people do in the gym or in the kitchen any easier.

So while it might not be possible to get to that size without steroids, although he was only about 250 lbs at 6'2", which I can't see as being impossible without steroids, you cannot deny and should not disrespect the work that he put into achieving his physique. People who take steroids work just as hard, and in most cases harder than those who don't.

If no one took steroids, the top bodybuilders of today would still be the top bodybuilders. The same goes for those who competed when Arnold was active. They were and are the ones busting their ass day in day out to be at a the top.

What I idolize in Arnold is the hard work and dedication that he put in. He is a legend. And for what it's worth, he only used steroids two months in the year. Do you honestly think that someone who started off as a skinny kid living in Austria became a successful powerlifter, bodybuilder, actor, businessman, politician in the United States because he took steroids? You don't just do all of that by taking steroids. You do it by getting off your ass and putting in the work to make it happen.

I'm quoting you from another thread here

incinerate wrote:
Hey. I'm not vegan & never will be.

So what exactly are you doing here?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm 
Finch

sosso wrote:
Steroids do not do any of the hard work for anyone that takes them. For bodybuilders, all they do is allow them to get to a certain size that they might not be able to reach without them.

That certain size that bodybuilders are trying to achieve is falsified. If you can't get to your objectionable weight naturally, you shouldn't turn to a steroids to get there. Instead except what you achieved from all your "hard work."

sosso wrote:
People who take steroids work just as hard, and in most cases harder than those who don't.

Hell, if I purchased steroids I wouldn't want them to go to waste either, which means I would indeed work harder to get my moneys worth. So what's the purpose in even working out if you're going to depend on steroids for the extra pull & motivation to work harder than the rest achieving it naturally.

sosso wrote:
If no one took steroids, the top bodybuilders of today would still be the top bodybuilders.

So you mean to say,the bodybuilders who achieved there physique naturally would still be the top bodybuilders of the world? No way! Thank you steroids for eliminating healthy & 'natural' competition. Now we all compete to see whose body looks better on roids.

sosso wrote:
So what exactly are you doing here?

Veganism is not just about refusing to eat meat. It's about the ethical treatment of animals & making sure your everyday products like toothpaste contain no animal byproducts. I assure you I am more vegan in a moral aspect than you could ever achieve in your lifetime. I choose to eat meat occasionally from a local & organic farm. No need for B12 to fight my iron deficiency, I will continue to obtain it from my food. Believe it or not, but food, "whole foods" is the ultimate decider in my lifestyle when it comes to health. I'm not going to restrain from one category & depend on a supplement when I know I can achieve it from a food. I'm an omnivore, and last time I checked, so is the rest of the world. So again, Veganism is a moral choice, not all vegans give up meat. There are different versions. I'm what you would call, a moderator. Anything else?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 pm 
Elephant

incinerate wrote:
That certain size that bodybuilders are trying to achieve is falsified. If you can't get to your objectionable weight naturally, you shouldn't turn to a steroids to get there. Instead except what you achieved from all your "hard work."

I think this is a matter of opinion and that's fine. For the record, I wouldn't use steroids either.

incinerate wrote:
Hell, if I purchased steroids I wouldn't want them to go to waste either, which means I would indeed work harder to get my moneys worth. So what's the purpose in even working out if you're going to depend on steroids for the extra pull & motivation to work harder than the rest achieving it naturally.

The steroids are not the motivator. The goal or dream of achieving a certain size, or winning a competition is the movitavtion, and in some cases, steroids are used in the process of getting there, in addition to a lot of hard work.

incinerate wrote:
So you mean to say,the bodybuilders who achieved there physique naturally would still be the top bodybuilders of the world? No way!..

I mean to say the bodybuilders who are or were actually at the top, e.g. Ronnie, Arnold, Jay, would still be, or have been, at the top of their game without them, if all bodybuilding competitions were drug tested. Or another way of putting it would be that if these specific people never took steroids and competed in drug-tested federations, they would likely win.

incinerate wrote:
Veganism is not just about refusing to eat meat. It's about the ethical treatment of animals & making sure your everyday products like toothpaste contain no animal byproducts. I assure you I am more vegan in a moral aspect than you could ever achieve in your lifetime. I choose to eat meat occasionally from a local & organic farm. No need for B12 to fight my iron deficiency, I will continue to obtain it from my food. Believe it or not, but food, "whole foods" is the ultimate decider in my lifestyle when it comes to health. I'm not going to restrain from one category & depend on a supplement when I know I can achieve it from a food. I'm an omnivore, and last time I checked, so is the rest of the world. So again, Veganism is a moral choice, not all vegans give up meat. There are different versions. I'm what you would call, a moderator. Anything else?

Animal welfarists, which is what you appear to be, are people who I have a major problem with. The end result is still death, no matter how "kind" a person was to the animal during its life. There is no ethical or kind way to kill an animal whose life existed purely for that end result, or that gain for the people who raised it. You are not in any way vegan, let alone "more vegan" than me, but veganism is not a pissing contest, so I'm going to stop here.

Last edited by sosso on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Rabbit

Not being weak, bloated & live without chems.

While everyone on VB&F may move 100s of lbs in the gym - I need to move tons of compost, mulch, dirt & plants/trees over acres of land.
I do not want to die of osteoporosis like some of the best gardeners I know.

My ideal physique does not include eating animals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 pm 
Elephant

Wow...did I seriously just read that? Vegan meat eater?!?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm 
Elephant

I hope the vegan toothpaste gets rid of the rotting animal flesh in your teeth

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 pm 
Stegosaurus

jungleinthefrunk wrote:
Wow...did I seriously just read that? Vegan meat eater?!?

Yep, you heard correctly! :lol:

Thanks for the posts, Sosso - saved me a good chunk of time from having to say it myself!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 pm 
Elephant

incinerate wrote:

Correct, veganism isn't JUST about refusing to eat meat, but you simply cannot be a vegan and still eat meat. The definition of vegan precludes meat consumption.

Mind if I ask why you bother to screen your toothpaste for animal byproducts while you continue to inflict the same pain and suffering on animals in order to 'get your B12 naturally'? By the way, many omnivores are B12 deficient and still need a supplement, so watch yourself there. There is no substitute for a good blood test every now and then.

Many people around the world are vegetarians, with India being a great example. You are not a vegan, but a flexitarian. This is someone who eats whatever they want, as long as it fits with their morals and worldview.

I have very little against your style of living, but I would ask you to refrain from calling yourself a vegan, since it's a distinctly different lifestyle. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:18 pm 
Rabbit

Steroids are vegan, they are synthetically produced. And in the near future, they (food scientist) will be able to clone organs, and so on for food consumption, and it will be meat. So being a meat eating vegan is very likely.

In all honesty, if you eat anything, something must die. 'Nothing begets nothing.' You eat a piece of fruit who knows how many organisms, bacteria, and actual micro organisms have been consumed or could have consumed the piece of fruit your eating.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 pm 
Rabbit

Can I jump in? My ideal physique is probably not typical, but it's something in between these:
Vanessa Tib
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb ... =3&theater
Ava Cowan
And...
Larissa Reis

I LOVE quad and ab definition on women! And most of us don't have it... I'm working hard! I want perfection!!!! I've been hitting arms and shoulders hard, this is last week...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vegan-Fit ... =1&theater
but, gotta get the quads more defined and leaner!!! I've been seeing some good results, but I want more!! Like Robert says, it takes time Eventually I'll see what I want...sans meat or steroids, etc!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:11 am 
Rabbit

aphexish wrote:
Steroids are vegan, they are synthetically produced. And in the near future, they (food scientist) will be able to clone organs, and so on for food consumption, and it will be meat. So being a meat eating vegan is very likely.

In all honesty, if you eat anything, something must die. 'Nothing begets nothing.' You eat a piece of fruit who knows how many organisms, bacteria, and actual micro organisms have been consumed or could have consumed the piece of fruit your eating.

Plants need the seeds/fruits to be eaten...
After the animal consumes the seed it's flies off (or walks) far from the parent plant. Eventually it excretes the seed allowing a new plant to grow.

I would never ever eat cloned meat, it sounds so nasty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next