Synny's training journal

Yes the Korean bbq sauce does have wheat in it.... I found that out the hard way after I ate it.......

Much better day found another trigger and pretty much know what my triggers are now to stay away from them yay!!!

Breakfast

8 oz green monster smoothie

Snack

2 rice cakes

2 tbsp peanut butter

agave

(didn't manage to keep this down....)

Lunch

1/2c homemade refried beans

1 1/2c cinnamon applesauce

1/2c mandarin oranges

Snack

Gluten free lemon cookie!!!!!

Ian's mac and no cheese bowl!!!!

Supper

Tbar row 1 set 25 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps

1 arm row 3 sets 20 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 12 reps, 1 set 30 lbs 10 reps

back extension 7 sets 12 reps

Straight arm pressdown 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps, 5 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Skullcrusher 3 sets 25 lbs 12, 3 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

pressdown 4 sets 40 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 15 reps

Kickbacks 6 sets 12 lbs 12 reps

Took it easy with my workout since I am just getting my strength back. Felt good thought and everyone was telling me I looked much better today! Yay I am noticed!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there! I love your tri work! For women- having toned tri's takes a lot of dedication and work but makes a ton of difference especially in comp! I love me some skullcrushers! Get's the job done!

I love that you save room for a nice treat (the lemon cookie)- I always like to have something to look forward to like that. You really look forward to it and savor it!

Hope your stomach is on board with your training plans today and you're feeling great! Have a wonderful Friday!

So today started out fantastic but by lunchtime turned to pot. No gym time today although I did make it to the gym for yoga but couldn't leave daycare stranded with no one to sit with the kids so I volunteered.

Breakfast

8 oz green monster

1 packet instant maple raisin oatmeal

Snack

1/2 cinnamon oatmeal

Lunch

5 roasted brussels sprouts

1 potato cut into wedges and baked

8 apsaragus spears roasted

1 serving lentil vegetable soup

Probably to much food but I was really hungry. Needless to say the pain and nausea set in. I did go to the emergency room where I was actually treated better but still got the same results none.... The doctor was stumped but gave me a referral to see a GI doctor at least. Just hope we can work out payment arrangements........ Tomorrow come hell or high water I will eat a cinnamon roll, do turbo kick AND get my leg workout in! Hell I might even throw in some bicep and shoulder!!Got me some different nausea meds and a pain pill not that I really want them but if it means keeping food down I will do it.

Tomorrow come hell or high water I will eat a cinnamon roll, do turbo kick AND get my leg workout in! Hell I might even throw in some bicep and shoulder!!

Mind doesn't control the body. It can guide it, but the body has the last word. So listen. . . . .

Fitness isn't just about doing exercises, and making your body do things it doesn't want to do. It is about listening and getting to know your body. Knowing what it is capable of, and using the mind to figure out ways to safely get there (guiding it).

Does your comment sounds like you are listening to your body and safely getting it there?

I did listen to it today and cardio didn't make it happy so I slowed it down and it was happy. I waited till evening to do my weights and once I did the first rep it was happy. I don't think I pushed myself to hard but I did a good workout.

Turbokick (low intensity) 50 mins

Leg press 2 sets 235 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 270 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 315 lbs 13 reps, 4 sets 340 lbs 12 reps (was feeling really good and this felt even better)

Sumo squat 4 sets 50 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 60 lbs 15 reps

Stiff leg deadlift 2 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 70 lbs 15 rps

Seated calf raise 2 sets 90 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 100 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 110 lbs 15 reps

Crossbody hammer curl 2 sets 12 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps

Overhead press 6 sets 40 lbs 15 reps

Cable bicep curl 2 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 10

Reverse flye 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 10 reps

Front raise 2 sets 8 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 10 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 12 lbs 15 reps

After my workout I felt like I hadn't missed a workout. I feel really good just taking it easy on the food. I added probiotics to help my digestive tract. Ready to see what tomorrow brings

Ok so today was almost back to normal but took today as a rest day. I worked all day and did an hour of yoga. Still taking it easy on the food.

Breakfast

1 packet of apple cinnamon oatmeal

Snack

8 oz green monster

Lunch

1/2c homemade mashed pinto beans

1/2c mashed sweet potatoes

1/2c applesauce

Snack

16 oz green monster

Supper

1c grapenuts

1 1/2c coconut milk

Let the grapenuts get soft before eating them. Eating slowly so not to overload my stomach

Woke up this morning and felt better than I did yesterday. Still taking it easy on the diet eating soft bland foods. Don't want another attack. The probiotics seem to be helping a lot but will be calling the GI today to set up an appointment.

Breakfast

1/2c dry old fashioned oats cooked in water

5 prunes cut up

cinnamon

splash of coconut milk

Snack

12 oz green monster

Lunch

2 1/2c homemade vegetable bean soup with noodles

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

Snack

16 oz green monster

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

2 scoop rice protein powder

Supper

6 little guilt waffles (no sugar or fat added)

Bedtime snack

8oz almond milk

2 scoops protein powder

Tbar row 3 sets 25 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 12 reps, 3 set 45 lbs 12 reps

Bentover row 8 sets 80 lbs 10 reps

Upright row 6 sets 45 lbs 12 reps

Lat pulldown 3 sets 50 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Back extension 6 sets 12 reps

1 arm tricep extension 4 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Tricep extension 2 sets 60 lbs 10 reps

Tricep pulldown 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 15 reps

Kickback 3 sets 10 lbs 12 reps

Have only had 2 mild flare ups with my stomach once at work the soup I made was a bit spicy and the waffles were a bit much but sure tasted yummy. Think I will go soak in a hot bath, drink another protein shake cause I feel like I am lacking and crawl in bed

Edited by Synny667

Amanda I will totally keep you posted! It is just hard slowing down because last year I was go go go go. Like I said though as long as I eat soft bland foods I do pretty darn good with my tummy which makes me feel strong so I can hit the gym and do what my body will let me. Gaia trust me girl I am listening to you and pushing myself harder than my body will let me go

Gaia trust me girl I am listening to you and pushing myself harder than my body will let me go

I just want you to listen to your body. I do like how you go to workout and then if your body is not doing so well you don't just give up, but back off the intensity. You are listening to your body! Good! Good! Now if the GI expert can find out what is making you sick when you eat, then you can tackle that next!

It is a great morning so far. I decided to sit at Starbucks before work to enjoy a iced passion fruit green tea and some yoga radio on Pandora radio.

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats cooked in water

5 prunes cut up

cinnamon

1 scoop protein powder

splash of almond milk

Snack

10oz green monster

1 OZ light salt lays potato chips.... was craving a lil salt

Lunch

2c vegetable bean soup w/ noodles

2 slices toasted french bread w/ EVOO and garlic powder

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

small slice pineapple upside down cake

Snack

16 oz green monster

Postworkout

8 oz almond milk

2 scoops protein powder

Turbokick: 55 mins

Boot Camp: 55 mins

Smith machine squat: 3 sets 70 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 120 lbs 8 reps (barbell weight not included)

Variety lunges: Side 2 sets 15 reps, Forward 2 sets 8 reps, Reverse 2 sets 12 reps

Leg extension: 3 sets 60 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Seated leg curl: 3 sets 75 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 90 lbs 12 reps

Standing calf raise: 3 sets 60 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 80 lbs 15 reps

Wasn't in my groove tonight and wasn't feeling a super hard workout. My legs are telling me I physically did but mentally my mind wasn't in it to win it tonight. Tomorrow will be better!

Hi Nancy! How's the tummy feeling? Looks like you're doing better which is so awesome!

This workout is impressive, even though you might not be as happy with it! Two 55 minute classes and you lifted?

Are you lifting after or before cardio? Legs are a large body part to work- so to give them a good workout, focus on that and give it your all- do some cardio after if you have energy still. Not doing cardio on leg days is ok too- I used to feel like I was sinning if I didn't do cardio, but with leg days being intense it's ok. Let me know what you think!

Keep up the awesome work! xo

Oh yes those are my warm ups to my leg workouts...i know I shouldnt. They are done before my leg workout. It is hard to do my weight training before cardio cause I dont get off early enough. But doing this I found I focus on my weight training better.

Ok been an off day with my stomach...

Breakfast

2 packets cream of wheat

5 prunes

1 scoop protein powder

Snack

10 oz green monster

1 oz low salt lays.....

Lunch

2c vegetable bean soup

8 crackers

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein

Snack

16 oz green monster

Supper

16 oz cinnamon hot cocoa

2c vegetable bean soup

Pomegranate blood orange sorbet

NO CARDIO!!! Took the night off from cardio due to blustery weather and KU Jayhawks basketball game

Chest/Biceps

pushups on bosu 5 sets 20 reps

Incline Chest press 6 sets 70 lbs 10 reps

Flat Bench press 6 set 50 lbs 12 reps

Decline Chest press 6 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Incline Flye 6 sets 15 lbs 12 reps

Hammer curls 6 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

Cable curl 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 12 reps

Preacher curl 4 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Completely feeling my leg workout today not in a bad way though.

2 packets cream of wheat
8 crackers

All WHEAT/GLUTEN! Why do you do this to yourself? You know the outcome. And yes, all of those taste darn yummy, BUT. . . !

You may have a gluten intolerance now, but if you keep this up, you will end up with celiac disease. You need to let whatever is wrong heal up inside. Everytime you have a bout of sickness, damage is being done. And then there is the inflammation that gets out of hand, and that can even cause of more damage. There is a point of no return/repair with this.

Go and look for Cream of Brown Rice, Spelt bread (low gluten - which may or may not be tolerated), and Rice crackers instead. Many people have a wheat intolerance, as do I, and there are many options that are wheat-free now (just have to look at the labels though, as many use eggs as the protein binder for the baked good).

You have begun to learn what to eat as a vegan as you made a conscious choice to not eat animal and animal products for either a moral or health point of view. Now you need to learn what to eat that your body reacts badly to, from a health point of view, and be conscious of it - get passed the denial part . . . quickly.

(Denial as in - oh that looks good, and my tastebuds are just salivating at the thought of tasting that delicious food. oh I can just have it this just one more time. I know it will bloat me or make my tummy feel achy, but it will be worth just to taste it. And you devour it, and feel all yummy inside as it passes the tastebuds. Then in less than an hour, your tummy starts to protest and you play all stupid by not knowing why it is acting up at all. it was just 2 little crackers. just 2 little garlic toasts. and just two little packets of cream of wheat. why are you doing this to me body? and you know why. then your mind tells the body that it wasn't all that bad. and that you don't have a problem. well you do, but it is just a little inconvenience. but you know it isn't. this is denial talking).

1 oz low salt lays.....

don't even get me started on this! you already know this as bad as you put . . . . . . after it.

My rant to you is over now. I know somewhere inside of you, the little angel on the one shoulder is telling all of this. I just want to be the choir for that little angel, so as to drown out the sweet seductions of the little red devil on your other shoulder that has your tastebuds for its choir.

Don't worry Lay's are gone, french bread finished off, didn't have any cream of wheat left. HOWEVER the crackers are still a full box and I refuse to waste open product. I went to many years wishing for food to eat to waste now if I can help it. Yes the lil angel on my shoulder was scolding me..... I didn't have a tummy problem today, think it was to darn cold to complain lol. Started soaking another batch of beans for tortilla soup! I plan on making my own tortillas for this too. Gaia I lived in denial for soooo long I know it very well and hate it. I know I still have a long way to go on getting my diet completely lined out.

Back/tricep

Iso Row: 3 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 55 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 65 lbs 12 reps

Iso pulldown: 3 sets 35 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 10 reps

Reverse flye: 3 sets 20 lbs 12 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Back extension 5 sets 15 lbs

Overhead extension 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 15 reps

Rope pulldown 3 sets 40 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 50 lbs 12 reps

Machine Dips: 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 15 reps

20 mins weight loss program on the elliptical.... dreaded every moment and was ready to get off as soon as I got on

A lovely work in progress! Especially your weights! And I dread the cardio equipment also (treadmills, elliptical, stairmaster especially). I hope we have an early spring, so when I have to go all out cutting/dieting, I am hoping that the outside will be nice, and my cardio can be something on the trail near my house!

I went through my pantry and pulled out a box of whole wheat pasta noodles and wheat couscous that hadn't beenopened and put them in the Harvester's barrel at Starbucks this morning. I no longer have any wheat products except some pearled barley that I got from a bulk bin at the store.... been finding all kinds of recipes on Pinterest that are vegan and gluten free that I can't wait to try.

I have issues with textures of food. I won't eat a raw tomato to save my life but will wolf down 3 servings of brussels sprouts..... but like I said I will give it another go cause I found a quinoa lentil recipe that sounds pretty good and simple

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats cooked in water

splash of almond milk

5 cut up prunes

cinnamon

Snack

10 oz green monster

1 serving tortilla chips

Lunch

2c vegetable bean soup

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

2 servings popcorn

Snack

16 oz green monster

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

1 1/2 scoop protein powder

Supper

2c vegetable bean soup

Yoga:60 min

Boot camp: 55 min

Leg Press: 3 sets 270 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 315 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 360 lbs (PB) 10 reps

Sumo Squat: 9 sets 45 lbs 15 reps

Seated calf raise: 9 sets 90 lbs 15 reps

Stiff legged deadlift: 9 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Pulled a muscle in my back and pretty tender when I try to lift much weight up. Tomorrow will be a light weight high rep day I bet which wont' hurt me one bit lol. Gaia word of warning.... I will be consuming a cinnamon roll tomorrow and will be documenting it. That is one thing I enjoy more than most things outside of the gym not to mention I am showing my support for local small business I love my guilty pleasure

Sometimes if you have an intolerance, you can have something every once in awhile (I think the data says every 4th day - something about the immune system attacking something and then having 3 days of cleansing to get rid of it, and then you can have it again without the immune system continuously attacking).

You did really good today (though I hope you made your vegetable bean soup, because some manufacturer's put wheat in their soup to make it creamier). I do not know what you did on Thursday, but Wednesday you had alot of wheat, so it is 3 days. You might have a little bit of trouble since it is not known what you ate on Thursday, and it is not yet 4 days between eating something with wheat in it.

Good Luck! May the seconds of enjoyment on your tongue, bring you enough happiness, to get you thru the troubles the day may bring.

(You can still support local business by buying the cinnamon rolls and giving them away to your friends who don't have wheat troubles)