Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re: Misteradam's journal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 pm 
Manatee

kareno wrote:
Yeah, cheese will likely be alluring for quite a while. But, if you avoid it long enough, that feeling will eventually go away.

Yea, Karen is totally right. I used to be a big cheese fan, ate it with everything I could. After going vegan, it was a tough transition. I never gave in, which made it easier to pass quickly, but I really missed it. At the time, we didn't even have any decent vegan brands lol, they all had the consistency of rubber & didn't taste too swell.

Now when I smell cheese, I gag. I smell the animal in it, if that makes any sense. Like, it smells like a barn lol.

Thankfully, vegans today have Daiya & Blut Island Sheese <3

Post subject: Re: Misteradam's journal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 am 
Rabbit

FRIDAY JAN. 13

meal 1: last bowl of my barley soup. it's deliciously healthy!
meal 2: an avacado egg roll and some rice and beans.. I think
meal 3: made some awesome vegan nachos with the last of my almond cheese. had onions, green and black olives plus the cheese.

dessert: 4 cherry bombs ( energy drink and a shot of cherry vodka ) and 5 beers

did two sets of my workout rotation and then bashed my elbow on a car door. Pushups became more difficult after that, managed 10, but I expect it to heal up quickly once I re-hydrate in the morning.

Post subject: Re: Re: Misteradam's journal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:54 am 
Rabbit

Mina wrote:
kareno wrote:
Yeah, cheese will likely be alluring for quite a while. But, if you avoid it long enough, that feeling will eventually go away.

Yea, Karen is totally right. I used to be a big cheese fan, ate it with everything I could. After going vegan, it was a tough transition. I never gave in, which made it easier to pass quickly, but I really missed it. At the time, we didn't even have any decent vegan brands lol, they all had the consistency of rubber & didn't taste too swell.

Now when I smell cheese, I gag. I smell the animal in it, if that makes any sense. Like, it smells like a barn lol.

Thankfully, vegans today have Daiya & Blut Island Sheese <3

It makes perfect sense. I haven't eaten any cheese in over a month, just made cheese-less pizza instead lol. The first attempt at making my own cheese left something to be desired. The 2nd attempt with the nachos was much, much better. Almonds made for some nice flavor.

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! Haven't had Daiya or Blut yet, but I am sure I'll try it sometime : )

Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Misteradam's journal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:05 am 
Manatee

misteradam wrote:
Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! Haven't had Daiya or Blut yet, but I am sure I'll try it sometime : )

You're very welcome & I need your cheese recipe lol ;)

Daiya & Sheese can be pricey, if you can even get the latter, but they are quite nice to have on special occasion at least =)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 pm 
Rabbit

almonds (soaked in water for a bit then peeled ) , lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, nutritional yeast flakes & water liquified in a blender, added some flour and heated it up in a pot until it was nacho cheesey thick. There are other more complicated recipes for cheese I found that involved leaving things overnight and ingredients I had never heard of, but this works for me for now!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:25 pm 
Manatee

Thanks! =D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 am 
Rabbit

You are most welcome. Let me know if you try to make your own cheesy recipe and how it turns out. I didn't follow the measurements exactly (I would give them if I remembered) and seasoned it to taste when I made mine.

SATURDAY JAN 14TH

meal 1: almonds, a few carrots and an apple. Ran out of coffee and was forced to go caffeine-less. Not a bad thing but I still frowned and wrinkled my brow in dismay momentarily.

meal 2: mushroom sammich, basically half a baked portabella shroom on sourdough with wasabi and hummus.

meal 3: avacado gyoza, steamed. made the filling with onions, garlic, soy sauce, the other half of the shroom, butternut squash, spinach, a touch of rice vinegar and sesame oil, ginger and pepper. Wrappers were flour and water.. I used white flour, it handles better for this sort of thing. I chopped the veggies with my right arm and kneaded the dough with my left arm for an even cookout session.

Today was pretty active, I jogged my quota with an additional squirming 30 lbs strapped to my back. I found 30lbs gets very heavy, very quickly while running.

Had an equally nice workout quota, added in some butterflies, curls, my now standard grip/forearm warm-up and some extra cardio. I think my gluts will be sore tommorrow. I do not remember the last time I actually felt the burn on my butt cheeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 pm 
Rabbit

SUNDAY JAN 15

meal 1: lemon and steel cut oats, cup of reishi "liver guard" tea
meal 2:brown rice red beans and salsa
meal 3: veggie sushi rolls with avocado, cucumber, red bell pepper and mushroom

mostly rest day today, did a few sets of 20 pushups/situps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm 
Rabbit

MONDAY JAN 16

wasn't able to do much today, walked some and did I think 10 pushups before deciding it was not a good idea. Should feel better tommorrow or the next day to come back strong!

meal 1: an apple
meal 2: burrito with veggies wrapped in a leaf
meal 3: leftover nori rolls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:12 am 
Rabbit

TUES JAN 16

Was very ill this morning, but it eases up during the day, did 1 jog and some pushup/situp rotations. Sapped ALL my energy though. My body better recover soon or I'm going to kick it's ass!

meal 1: a lemon
meal 2: collard wrap with beans, cucumber, carrots, some other veggies
meal 3: some nori rolls, with jicama instead of rice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 am 
Rabbit

THURSDAY JAN 19

Been busy and tired from sickness, just passed out instead of posting yesterday. I did some dumbell reps and pushups/situps. I'm doing about 20 pushups per rep now instead of 10, and 30 situps. Walked around disneyland today with my 3 year old as well.

meal 1: apple and banana
meal 2: apple and barley veggie salad
meal 3: seitan and rice in veggies, extra spicy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 am 
Manatee

Aww, you're still sick? I'm so happy that you're able to spend time with your boy; you're such a great dad =)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Thank you :) . I will leave that judgement to him when he's older, hopefully he will hate me less than I hate mine! :lol:

I am recovering, still sniffly and sneezy and headachy, but nothing I can't exercise through. The challenge pumps me up more and gets me passionate and makes me try harder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am 
Rabbit

FRIDAY JAN 20

did 1 jog, 4 sets of 20 pushups, 30 situps, 20 squats

meal 1: a veggie/fruit smoothie, some almonds
meal 2: stir fry with seitan, radish, bell pepper, brown rice, carrots, onions, spinach, tomatoes, jicama
meal 3: barley and veggie soup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 am 
Rabbit

SAT JAN 21

meal 1: avacado seitan burrito
meal 2: apple and barley soup
meal 3: more barley soup leftovers

did 3 pushup/situp reps and some light weight lifting plus some nice cardio, no jogging today but I will def be sore tomorrow ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next