LauraK's New Journey Kick Azz 2012 Journal

Ok so I posted in the intro section a couple days ago and I'm finally getting my journal started! Not sure how the contest works but I've been injured the last month and just had surgery on my foot so I haven't been working out the last couple of weeks. I'm finally able to at least do upper body and ab workouts and actually have something to journal

Here's my stats:

Location (City, State, Country): Cleveland, OH, USA

New Year’s Resolution Goal: to lose 5 pounds and get a lean but muscular physique (I really want a 6-pack!) and get back into triathlon training when my foot heals.

Start Date: today 1/15/12

Desired Achievement Date: 5/1/11

Past workout History: 2X ironman, 7 marathons, 2 ultra marathons, enjoy yoga, pilates, RUNNING!

Biggest Obstacles: alcohol

Favorite Foods: salads, veggies of all kinds, nut butters, sweet potatoes

Favorite Exercises: pilates, core

Current training frequency: injured early dec, had to stop running so I did 3-4 days cycling, 1-2 hr swimming, pilates 3 times a week, yoga once/wk

Any injuries: had foot surgery 1/6/11, no weight bearing on it for 2-3 weeks .... so I plan i focusing I stregthening arms, core, and limited legs execises

After bobbing back and forth b/w a diet that included meat and dairy and a vege diet I decided to fully commit to vegan while injured. The results? I feel better than I ever have. Digestion is better, mental clarity, and energy are great. Not going back!!

So today's workout:

45 min of pilates with weighted bar

1hr P90X

Diet:

1/4c oatmeal

1/2 nana

1tbsp raw almond butter

1/2 cup kashi cereal

1/2 nana

salad w/ vegan burger, carrots, shallots

hummus, falafel (left over from restaurant) and a couple mushrooms

Dinner will be green juice and maybe tea later

Here's to a new year, and a great body!

Edited by laurak11

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its Jan 17th, how's your new years resolution holding up. If it you're still actively working at it in any way shape or form you are in the top 10% as far as new years resolutions go Toast to that!

-Dylan

haha, well I'm glad to be in the top 10% b/c I'm still continuing eating clean and eating vegan

Stats:

6'0, 152ish (hard to balance on the scale w/ one foot) down from 154.4 last week

For some reason I was hungry all morning/early afternoon. I started counting macros and I was really heavy on the fat. Ate clean though

Cals1490 Fat71 g Cholesterol28 mg Sodium1138 mg Carbs150 g Fiber39 g Protein73 g Sugars69

1 hr weight training done! Felt good after

Today was study, study, study.... Thank goodness this BSN online program is keeping me sane while I'm off work. No workout today. Pilates and arms @ the gym tomorrow. Ate ok soy meat for lunch and dinner which I seemed to be craving, but I did have a fresh green juice.

Cals

Fat

77 g

Cholesterol

0 mg

Sodium

2011 mg

Carbs

198 g

Fiber

50 g

Protein

80 g

Sugars

73 g

Yesterday's workout and eating went well. Finally got my coffee mojo back with the discovery of coconut coffee creamer. Def enjoyed my starbucks bold.

workouts:

winsor pilates w/ bar 35 min

1hr lifting abs/upper body

My foot is actually feeling ALOT better. Still kinda bummed that I don't get the stitches out for another week and a half but oh well. I should enjoy the time off work while I can

Cals

Fat

50 g

Cholesterol

49 mg

Sodium

1428 mg

Carbs

191 g

Fiber

41 g

Protein

70 g

Sugars

72 g

Another studyfest.... sore from abs/arms yest.... Not much else I can do today. Will hit it hard again tomorrow. Watched Ironman Kona again today.... Foot feeling better and better I'll be swim, bike, and running in no time. I must admit I am likin' the lifting though

Macros:

Cals

Fat

55 g

Cholesterol

0 mg

Sodium

1047 mg

Carbs

154 g

Fiber

35 g

Protein

46 g

Sugars

51 g

1/21/12

Not counting today's macros. Ate well until we went out to dinner in Cleveland to Melt and i had two 2 ciders and 1/2 a vegan grilled cheese. To be fair I only had 1/2 and none of the fries. So not too bad.

Workout:

45 min of arms/tri's, ab work as well

**still maintaining 153 w/ no cardio. Pretty awesome!

Goal this coming week is to do one day raw vegan

Lazy this morning but got a good workout in tonight.

Workout:

35 min winsor pilates with weighted bar

16 min ab ripper X

Food:

Ate clean but fat still up...

Cals1329 Fat62g Cholesterol36 mg Sodium1166 mg Carbs169 g Fiber49 g Protein57 g Sugars65

Today was my lazy day away from schoolwork.. Bummed around the grocery store and the health food store. Cleaned and organized the house (really needed to do this!)

wt: 153.2- happy b/c of the alcohol/melt consumption

Workout:

1hr arms, shoulders, biceps, and triceps--> going to start bringing a notebook and writing down

abs and stretching

Food:

Cals

Fat

57 g

Cholesterol

33 mg

Sodium

1863 mg

Carbs

225 g

Fiber

43 g

Protein

88 g

Sugars

36 g

WT: 152.2- Haven't seen this # in a while. Especially not do ANY cardio

Today is going to be a rest day. I kicked my butt the last 3 days. I have a long overdue hair appt and mucho studying to get done. One of these days I'll figure out how to get the before pics from my phone onto the computer.

This was taken about a week after starting lifting/pilates regimen...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rxtilx.jpg

Goal is to get lean (15-18%bf) and six pack by summer!!

Wt. 154.4 (in pic), not sure bf yet, still waiting for calipers to come in the mail

Today was a productive day. Got my hair cut... Shorter than I'm used to but it looks good.

Workouts:

35min winsor pilates w/ weighted bar

16min Ab ripper X

Macros:

Cals

Fat

84 g

Cholesterol

38 mg

Sodium

1220 mg

Carbs

185 g

Fiber

48 g

Protein

66 g

Sugars

78 g

Yesterday was very productive as I got alot of school work and workout done. My foot is getting better and better each day! I was able to walk alot on it in my boot. I attempted to fit it in a shoe but not ready yet. Maybe next week. Took the hubby too a local vegan buffet that was hosted by a chinese restaurant. It was pretty darn good. Went a lil overboard on the carbs but "oh well"

Workouts:

55min arms/abs

Macros:

*best guess on the buffet food

Cals

Fat

68 g

Cholesterol

110 mg

Sodium

1757 mg

Carbs

233 g

Fiber

45 g

Protein

80 g

Sugars

46 g

1/26

Workout: 35 min winsor pilates with the weighted bar

Today was pretty much a waste.... I went out last night w/ the hubby, his sis, and her hubby. I've haven't drank much since new years and i'm feeling the 5 beers from last night Going to avoid alcohol for a while.

No workout for today

Food:

Cals 1370

Fat 53C

Cholesterol

0 mg

Sodium

888 mg

Carbs

192 g

Fiber

43 g

Protein

50 g

Sugars

75 g

Today was bleh.... I had to catch up on all the school work I didnt' do yesterday and ate crappy. Oh well back at it tomorrow. I did get a P90x workout in so that made me feel a lil' better.

Workout:

65 min P90x Chest and back plus ab ripper X

Macros-off b/c I'm not sure calories from restaurant

Cals

Fat

54 g

Cholesterol

11 mg

Sodium

1466 mg

Carbs

164 g

Fiber

42 g

Protein

49 g

Sugars

53 g

yay, got my stitches out today Doc says i can swim and bike for the month, and then I see her again for another XRay and cleared to run!! After the appt I hit the gym.

Workout:

Shoulders 1hr- i'm going to start logging everything....

Macros:

Cals

Fat

74 g

Cholesterol

0 mg

Sodium

2197 mg

Carbs

244 g

Fiber

61 g

Protein

95 g

Sugars

88 g

happy to see my weight is back down to 152.6 after last weekend's crapfest... No swim last night b/c hubby was sick. Probably swim only and hot tub b/c my shoulders are KILLING me. I really worked them and it feels good! Lot's of school work to get done as well. Last week!

happy to see my weight is back down to 152.6 after last weekend's crapfest... No swim last night b/c hubby was sick. Probably swim only and hot tub today b/c my shoulders are KILLING me. I really worked them and it feels good! Lot's of school work to get done as well. Last week!

Got some good studying done and workouts too! So nice to hit the sauna after workouts

Workouts: 1hr lift, 12min swim

Legs

Supersets:

Leg press: 120x20, 140x20, 160x20, 180x20, 180x20, 200x20

Dumbbell step ups: 8x15-3 sets b/w LP

Leg curl: 30kgx15, 30kg x15, 36kgx15

Plie squats 10x15, 10x15, 10x15

Leg extensions 50x15, 50x15, 45x15, 45x15, 45x12

DB deadlift 8x15, 3 sets

squats 50x5- legs were too dead to go on!!

Swim- 12 min- 600 yards (this is pitiful for me, but foot was hurtin)

Macros:

Cals

Fat

74 g

Cholesterol

5 mg

Sodium

1557 mg

Carbs

207 g

Fiber

47 g

Protein

81 g

Sugars

102 g

oh man, oh man are my legs F&cking sore!!! Wow, i haven't been this sore in a while. I guess the 3 straight weeks of pilates doesn't hold a candle to a hard leg/lift workout. I tried to foam roll the quads and literally started crying. Oh well, no pain, no gain!

Workouts:

22 min Winsor pilates w/ weighted bar

1hr 15min- P90x shoulders and arms w/ ab ripper

Macros:

Cals

Fat

65 g

Cholesterol

0 mg

Sodium

2216 mg

Carbs