Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Gretchen's 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 pm 
Elephant

Congratulations on becoming a Mom! Yoga is always a good option!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:55 am 
Gorilla

Hey there, Gretchen! I just read your whole journal and am sooooooooo impressed with your consistency, dedication, and total Supermom powers! :) Wow, you're amazing! And I love how your Little One has adjusted so well to your jogging with her in the stoller. So cute!

Keep up the awesome work - both in fitness and in life!

All the best,
Karen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 pm 
Gorilla

I like your new photo! :) I still need to figure out how to post one. Well, first I'd need to figure out which photo I'd be willing to share... ;)

You're a full-time mom, so I have no doubt you deserve that extra hour sleep in the morning! And if you're still getting everything done that you need to get done, just let it be!

I like Vega stuff, too! I've noticed the pre-workout energizer really helps me stay awake on long drives, too, when I'm feeling drowsy. :) Just a little tidbit of info that might come in handy someday. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 pm 
Gorilla

Do what you gotta do, girl. Make sure you take good care of yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 am 
Rabbit

Keep up the good work- sounds tough to get your workout in with a baby to look after but it's great to hear you are taking care of yourself too!!! I too strive for something, or any form of activity 30 min a day!! I drEad getting it going on some days but once started I'm glad I did!! Hang it there & give yourself credit when credit is due!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 am 
Gorilla

I hope things calm down for you soon, and I look forward to reading "a real update" from you! Let's keep going strong into February!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for your helpful feedback. This was our first go around with this program and we have a lot of things to improve upon.

The mentor program worked well, but we received over 100 entries immediately yet could only accommodate the first 50.

We'll find ways to improve it as we move forward. We plan to do a Summer Shape Up Challenge in June or July.

You're in New Orleans? There is a large vegan community there. I've been a speaker at VegFest in New Orleans each of the past two years. Let me know if you want email addresses of people who run the group. It's an awesome community, right in your backyard!

All the very best!

Hope you continue to hang out on the forum. Over time, this can be a great place to build community. It does take time, but I have met most of my best friends through this very forum. :)

Have a great weekend. Keep on keeping on. Sounds like you're making great progress!

-RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm 
VBB Moderator

Gretchen, you are approved for the prize package. You did a really nice job posting regularly throughout the month. We all hope to see you continue along sharing your diet and exorcise with us through your journal on here. Its nice motivation to see what others are doing and pick up little things from each other that we can learn from.

-Dylan