Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

jmichael614
Rabbit

Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd

#1 Postby jmichael614 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 pm

As a team for Veg On The Run, we're doing a "Bodybuilding" challenge and figured this is a great way to start. What better way of starting a challenge than with people who know what they are doing!

I am 5'1, 143lbs. Definitely could stand to lose a few but running on its own has not done anything to help me get a svelte frame. I realized recently that maybe building muscle is what was missing. I'm hoping this will help me to also eat even cleaner than I have been eating. I recently did a cleanse that really had me focused on whole foods- grains, veggies, etc. I am eating better than ever but still need to change some things.
Looking forward to this challenge and helping our readers change their thinking/lives as well. Thanks Robert!
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Cor. 9:27

vegontherun.com (vegetarian blog)

ashleyjmorgan
Rabbit

Re: Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd

#2 Postby ashleyjmorgan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm

We can do it =)

jmichael614
Rabbit

Re: Jessica M. Day one Starts January 2nd (VEGAN)

#3 Postby jmichael614 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 am

Ok! So it's day one though I already started yesterday by doing 15 minutes of Cardio and then 5 different exercises with at least 3 sets of 12 reps each. I feel good, ready to start my resolution!

This morning, I had oatmeal with some sunflower seeds and a little bit of stevia as well as regular coffee with almond milk and stevia. For my mid-morning snack I'll be having a Vega shake with a banana and Almond milk.

Tonight, my husband has free reign with me to help me exercise. I'm a bit scared but have given him 30 days to help me get results. I'm not expecting anything major but a some inches lost would be nice. I'm also looking forward to adding in some great cardio like spinning and kickboxing.

Here's to the start of something great!
No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

jmichael614
Rabbit

#4 Postby jmichael614 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Yesterday, I did amazing. We went spinning for 45 minutes and I ate perfectly- despite trying to down a sliver of whole grain bread at 9pm (my husband made me spit it out).

Today, it's back in the gym again for more weights- this time I think we're doing legs but I'm a little terrified because I'm so extremely sore I can barely walk. I don't know if I can do squats much less run for 20 minutes at 11 minute miles (i have short legs, don't hate).

Breakfast today was oatmeal and sunflower seeds with a bit of blueberries thrown in and a dash of stevia.
Snack- Vegan Luna Bar
Lunch- Amy's brown rice, veggies and tofu
Snack- Celery and Baba Ghanouj (or hummus, haven't decided) or a vega shake with banana
Dinner- Huge mongo salad with all the fixings- avocado, apple, onion, flax seeds, olives and olive oil/braggs amino's.

ashleyjmorgan
Rabbit

#5 Postby ashleyjmorgan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm

LOL go Hassan for helping you

jmichael614
Rabbit

#6 Postby jmichael614 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 am

Yesterday was a complete disaster. I was so sore that I could barely exercise. I ran for 20 minutes just fine, I was actually proud of myself. That's when it got bad. I did some back leg lifts but when my husband tried to make me do lunges, I couldn't move and I got so frustrated that I got mad and walked out. I sound like a total drama queen but I really wanted to do it, I literally could not go down without screaming out in pain. I realize that not every day is going to be amazing but it's so hard sometimes.
I did eat just fine yesterday- the only thing that I ate that wasn't perfect is a 1/2 a tofurky italian sausage with my kale.
You win some, you lose some, going to rest today and back on the wagon tomorrow!

ashleyjmorgan
Rabbit

#7 Postby ashleyjmorgan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Doesn't sound like you did too bad to me - you still worked out, you ate well (a tofurky sausage is not the end of the world - especially not HALF!), and you followed it with lots of veggies. Sounds like a good day to me :)

jmichael614
Rabbit

#8 Postby jmichael614 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 am

Yesterday was my rest day. I didn't realize how hard this weight training was going to be. After trying on clothes that I thought were supposed to fit me better and didn't, I was really disappointed. How can I be disappointed after only training for 4 days? This is why I give up on things so quickly, because I expect things to come so quickly and when I don't see changes, I move on to the next thing. I need to work on a goal and just see it through.
Thank goodness for this forum and our blog because they are helping me to keep focused. I really don't want to exercise tonight but I am going to.

Tonight we'll try the legs again, I'm not sore anymore so hopefully it will be a really positive experience.

Looking forward to seeing the changes!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana and blueberries and sunflower seeds

Snack: Luna Bar

Lunch: Vega Shake with banana (is it bad to eat so many bananas? maybe I'll get another fruit)

Snack: Veggies with Hummus

Dinner: my yummo kale saute

Running: 20-40 minutes
Legs and abs

kareno
Gorilla

#9 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 am

Hey there, Jessica! What happened to your journaling? You were doing so well! I hope you'll be back to the VBB forum soon, and that your 2012 is off to a great start!

All the best,
Karen

jmichael614
Rabbit

#10 Postby jmichael614 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 am

Week 2
I'm back- I was out of town on business and so incredibly busy that I didn't have time to post! :(
Last week I worked out:

Tuesday- Ran 25 minutes and did arms
Wednesday- Ran 25 minutes and did legs
Sunday- ran 30 minutes and did legs- leg curls, lunges, squats and two different abdominals.

I was at a conference and they actually had amazing food there- quinoa, salads, veggies, etc. but I did eat bread and drank more alcohol than I should have. Week 3 is a new week!

jmichael614
Rabbit

#11 Postby jmichael614 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 am

Week 3:
Today, Tuesday, workout 30 minutes running and arms. Ate for breakfast- oatmeal and banana and coconut milk in my coffee. (Love milk alternatives- so happy I finally stocked up again!).
Drinking 16 oz of water right now and my plan is to have at least 4 of them.

kareno
Gorilla

#12 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 am

Awesome! Glad you're back!

jmichael614
Rabbit

Week 3

#13 Postby jmichael614 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 am

I'm soooo tired this morning. Last night's gym was a little lazy. I did the work but didn't give it my all. Instead of running hard for 30 minutes, I did 5 minutes on the elliptical, then my weights: arms last night and tummy. Back on the treadmill for 10 minutes but I have to be honest, I walked. Then another 10 minutes on the elliptical. I think I'm a little bored-
However, TONIGHT is boxing!! Woot Woot- I'm super excited because boxing is one of those things that make you feel like you're powerful (or make you realize how weak you are haha).
I am going to try a few different boxing classes to see which one I like. It depends on the teacher, the class, the cost (of course) but I think I would be willing to pay well if it's a great class.
Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

kareno
Gorilla

#14 Postby kareno » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

I've been curious to try boxing as well. Let me know how it goes and what you think! Are you going to a boxing-specific gym?

jmichael614
Rabbit

#15 Postby jmichael614 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:23 am

Well the boxing was amazing! Yes, going to a boxing gym- it's a great place to go because they care about you, don't make you feel embarrassed for doing it wrong and really want to see you succeed.
So, yesterday i ate very weird.
Breakfast was normal- banana and oatmeal then some seaweed snacks. Lunch was a huge salad with garbanzo beans and veggies with some mediterranean dressing.
Afternoon snack was two funky monkey dried fruit (80 calories between the two).
Dinner after Boxing (AMAZING CLASS- Kicked my butt but it wasn't tooo overwhelming) was a Vega Shake with a banana and almond milk.
Scale is finally going back down. Last week I was at 144-145 and today I'm at 143 (with more muscle I'm sure).
Today is a really good day.

Tonight- I am in the gym with the hubby hoping he makes me run and nothing else but I don't think I'm that lucky ;)

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”