New You for the New Year Contest 4

NYNY (New You for the New Year) Challenge, Contest #4 – January 18, 2012

We've made it more than half way through the New You for the New Year Challenge! And we wanna know...

What motivates you to exercise regularly?

Here's How to Enter:

1) Post your answer as a reply to this post. (You must be a forum member to post/enter. Not a member yet? Click here: ucp.php?mode=register )

2) A winner will be selected at random from all answers posted by 9:00 PM Pacific on Wednesday, January 18. Prizes will be shipped at the completion of our New You for the New Year program, during the first week in February.

PRIZES!

3) Today's winner will receive a full size package of Sun Warrior Protein Powder, a Sun Warrior T-shirt, and a Sun Warrior sample variety pack!

These prizes have been generously donated by Sun Warrior - www.sunwarrior.com @Sunwarrior on Twitter

Remember, you can't win if you don't play!

Simply post your reply below to enter. Go!

http://www.sunwarrior.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/b/wb-vanilla.jpg

http://www.sunwarrior.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/s/tshirt.jpg

Big Thank You to Sun Warrior!

Go visit www.sunwarrior.com to check them out!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the feeling! It feels good to push myself in new workouts, or further in a familiar workout. Long life motivates me too. I like knowing that I'm laying the foundation for a quality long life:) What motivates me most is the effect that fitness has on my outreach as a vegan. I love telling people about my lifestyle and knowing that I set a good example. I feel like it screams praise for the lifestyle when someone says they are a vegan and they're in shape and looking and feel good. I want to bring everyone to the 'green' side;)

I constantly want to improve and the exercise mindset of "one more rep" spreads into so many areas of my life it's become something I always want in my day so that I'm ready to push myself everywhere else.

And if all else fails:

Jordan - Look Me In The Eyes -

Arnold - Six Secrets to Success -

Motvations -

I've set certain goals for myself and what keeps me motivated is the fact that I understand that I won't get there unless I work for it. Also, I'm hooked on the good feeling that I get from working out. I get depressed if I don't work out or do sports of any sort.

Well, for feeling of well being that leaves you in the body, health building I'm building .. each training day is like putting a brick and each brick is another day of general welfare, and to feel good about myself and make the blind see not want to see that not eating meat can create meat! greetings! ^ ^

This is actually a hard question to answer because I have been exercising in the form of weightlifting since I was 19 and consistently since I was 21 BTW I'm 42 now and I feel like exercise and fitness is a part of who I am, I don't think my body could function without exercise.

Simply, the feeling of being strong. The gym is always honest. If you have a bad nutrition day or don't get enough sleep, you're going to feel like crap in the gym. But when you're doing things right and it all comes together, you have a great day, and you know you earned it.

My motivation comes from my desire to live a healthy long life, from my need to be a good husband and father. I also get motivation from posting workouts on Facebook and this website, all my friends keep me honest. Lastly, I enjoy competition, and challenges.

What motivates me is my health, I suffered from pregnancy induced heart failure in 2007. I recovered and lost the weight I'd gained in my pregnancy and got it down to 169lbs from 198lbs. Since going vegan I've put weight on (too much good food) and in October 2011 I weighed 217lbs. I'm slowly getting my weight down (i'm now at 202lbs) through healthier eating and regular exercise. I want to be around to see my daughter grow up.

What motivates me to exercise is the fact that I used to be morbidly obese, winded easily, always depressed and headed down the path that of my family. Now I am stronger, leaner, happier and healthier than I ever have been. I love to see what my body can do everyday and how far it is willing to go without hurting myself. And it is a definite mood lifter after a rough day

My 8 year old daughter is a cancer survivor. I work out, not only for my own health, but to encourage her with healthy food choices, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. I hope to lead my example.

She's already asking if she can go running with me and she can't wait until she's old enough to workout at the gym (our local YMCA allows kids as young as 9 to work out under parental supervision). Every time I look at her, that's my motivation