Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New You for the New Year Contest 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 am 
Rabbit

My motivation comes from my desire to live a healthy long life, from my need to be a good husband and father. I also get motivation from posting workouts on Facebook and this website, all my friends keep me honest. Lastly, I enjoy competition, and challenges.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am 
Rabbit

Roller derby, sticking to my regimen for the triathlon, knowing the people are keeping tabs on me via my training journal, this contest and wanting to look as fit as possible.

Ohio Valley Roller Girls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:12 am 
Rabbit

What motivates me is my health, I suffered from pregnancy induced heart failure in 2007. I recovered and lost the weight I'd gained in my pregnancy and got it down to 169lbs from 198lbs. Since going vegan I've put weight on (too much good food) and in October 2011 I weighed 217lbs. I'm slowly getting my weight down (i'm now at 202lbs) through healthier eating and regular exercise. I want to be around to see my daughter grow up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 am 
Rabbit

I am motivated to workout because it is the one thing in my life that is just for ME. I love the way working out makes me FEEL -- both physically and mentally. I also like that it changes my body (for the better) and I like feeling strong -- it reminds me that I can do anything in life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am 
Elephant

What motivates me to exercise is the fact that I used to be morbidly obese, winded easily, always depressed and headed down the path that of my family. Now I am stronger, leaner, happier and healthier than I ever have been. I love to see what my body can do everyday and how far it is willing to go without hurting myself. And it is a definite mood lifter after a rough day :)

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 am 
Manatee

To look my best and push myself knowing that others wll give up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 am 
Rabbit

My 8 year old daughter is a cancer survivor. I work out, not only for my own health, but to encourage her with healthy food choices, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. I hope to lead my example.

She's already asking if she can go running with me and she can't wait until she's old enough to workout at the gym (our local YMCA allows kids as young as 9 to work out under parental supervision). Every time I look at her, that's my motivation :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 am 
Finch

Seeing the results I've been able to achieve while working hard and eating right. Plus, it's important to me to be a good example of a healthy, happy vegan :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am 
Rabbit

I love the energy it gives me for the rest of the day. It clears my thoughts. Also, looking at old pictures from when I was 250lbs helps!! Seeing people eating McDonald's ony train ride home helps too.. Gross..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am 
Finch

I did not want my children to lose a parent at a young age to obesity related diseases like I did. Down 50lbs for over two years, never going back!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am 
Stegosaurus

Definitely the way I feel. When I don't work out I feel tired and lethargic. Working out energizes me and gives me a boost of positivity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 pm 
Manatee

What motivates me is, the vision i have of myself stood on stage in my very first Natural Bodybuilding Comp with my girlfriend and family watching and cheering me on.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm 
Rabbit

My husband took a photo of me in 2006. I was 223 pounds. I didn't even recognize myself! I signed up at the gym the next day and I've been working out three or more times a week ever since. My husband and grand kids work out with me now and we all hike together, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm 
Rabbit

What motivates me to exercise is not just one thing but a few things. one is the fact that i can wake up in the morning and feel good about what i done day before. That i know that i changing my life and health for the better. That one day i will not be this fat anymore as pushes me. Another reason is that i can to run a 5K in April and if i want to be ready i have to push myself to train as much as i can to get to where i want to be on the day of the race. The last reason and the biggest in my book is that i can to join the navy. i know that if i want to join have to be in top shape and health. also this would be great to show them that you can be healthy when you are a vegan to be in the service.
miguel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm 
Rabbit

I workout because becoming stronger feels good. Physical achievements were never my thing, I was obese and inactive most of my life. Being able to achieve fitness goals and setting the standard higher everytime keeps me going. And the mindset of "push harder/one more rep" translates to every aspect in life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next