Synny's training journal

Yes I make my own soups anymore. I don't like the taste of canned soups. Plus I can control the salt that is in my soup I will be making tortilla soup and chili either today or tomorrow. The cinnamon roll until I can learn to roll dough out is my one treat and my friends well I would have to buy a couple and that would tease me lol. I will have to post a pic of just how yummy they look

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I didn't start my day off to healthy... Ok it wasn't healthy at all but so yummy!!!!!! One of the male bodybuilders at the gym offered to help me get chiseled when I am ready to look at competing. I think all the guys at the gym are starting to notice I am not stopping and going harder. They seem to be friendlier and want to help and offer up all kinds of advice. Can't wait to see what I can get out of them advice wise!!!

Breakfast

1 large cinnamon roll

large mexican hot cocoa

Snack

1 gluten free vegan chocolate strawberry cupcake

Lunch

2c Vegetable bean soup

1/4c salsa

1 serving baked tortilla chips

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 heaping scoop protein powder

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

Supper

1c sweet potato chili

1 serving baked tortilla chips

Snack

8 oz almond milk

Turbokick: 60 mins

Alternating bicep curls: 4 sets 12 lbs 25 reps

Cross body hammer curls: 4 sets 12 lbs 25 reps

Reverse curl: 4 sets 8 lbs 20 reps

Zottman curls 4 sets 10 lbs 20 reps

Shoulder press:4 sets 12 lbs 25 reps

lat/front raise combo: 4 sets 5 lbs 12 reps

upright row: 4 sets 10 lbs 15 reps

All exercises were done with dumbbells

Today was my cardio/yoga rest day hahaha. Most I did today was laundry with a lil housework, Turbokick and yoga. I made some no bake cookies to help with a sweet tooth but in actuality I subtracted 1 1/4c of the sugar, added a lil peanut butter and used coconut butter. Been craving pizza and come home from yoga to find a big fat cheesy pizza on the counter tormenting me. I grabbed it shoved it in the fridge and warmed up a bowl of tortilla soup. Not hitting the spot but is much better for me lol. On to my food journal

Breakfast

1/2c dry oats cooked in water

5 cut up prunes

1 scoop protein

cinnamon

8 oz orange juice

Snack

1/4c no nuts trail mix

Lunch

1 1/2c sweet potato chili

1 brown rice cake

3/4c green beans 3 mushrooms cooked in a medium spice broth

Snack

8 small no bake cookies

Supper

1c tortilla soup

1 oz baked tortilla chips

Hi Karen,

Way to shove that bad boy in the fridge! Out of sight! And I love that you changed up the recipe for the cookies to make them healthier! I am always taking recipes and changing them that way as well! I love making my own food - I think you appreciate it and savour it more when you took the time to make it! Great job!

Do you make your own trail mix? I've been buying puffed Kamut- has a nice amount of protein and is great filler for trail mixes!

Hope you're excited for your week! How's the tummy?

Talk to you soon!

Amanda

My tummy is doing good. Not putting anything bad in it. I found the trail mix at the store and it looked yummy. The cookies didn't last the night lol. The pizza was torture... Not because of the cheese but because even the one place I can get a vegan pizza I can't get a gluten free crust cause it contains eggs.... I am not a pastry maker so making my own crust is hard to do

You could have Vita Spelt Flour, look for it in your health food store:

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-no-yeast-pizza-dough-254063

It will be a cracker style crust. Look around at the site for a yeast one if you want to put a little more work into the pizza crust.

I make several, and then put them in the freezer (already risen), and use them when I want one in a half an hour or so.

Gaia my favorite thing to do to avoid making a crust is use a portobello mushroom cap cover it with my toppings and bake it at 350 for 8-12 mins. It is super yummy, low carb and get an extra veggie in there too. Today was a great day all around for me. I got to hang out with my 3 favorite kids at work, went to feed the bison and elk and my favorite trainer set up my workout lol.

Breakfast

1 scoop protein powder

5 prunes cut up

8 oz fortified orange juice

Snack

1/4c no nuts trail mix

Lunch

1 brown rice cake

3/4c green beans

3 crimini mushrooms

hot sauce

Snack

1 oz tortilla chip

1c cinnamon apple sauce

1 scoop protein powder

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

Supper

1c tortilla soup

Back/Biceps created by my trainer friend

Wide grip Lat pulldown: 4 sets 4 60 lbs 20 reps, 8 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Bent over dumbbell row: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 15 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 12 lbs 12 reps

Close grip pulldown: 4 sets 45 lbs 20 reps, 8 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 4 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Dumbbell row: 2 sets 12 lbs 20 reps, 9 sets 12 lbs 15 reps

Barbell curl: 3 sets bar only 20 reps, 9 sets bar only 15 reps

Rope hammer curl: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps, 9 sets 25 lbs 15 reps

Preacher curl: 1 set 20 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 12 reps

Today has been an absolute lovely day aside from the horrible weather lol. Not liking this warm cold alternating weather forcast.

Breakfast

1 mashed banana

8 oz orange juice

Snack

8 oz almond milk

1 scoop protein powder

Lunch

1 brown rice cake

1c green beans

3 mushrooms

2 little cookies

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

Supper

1c tortilla soup

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

1 packet acai berry blast protein powder

Bedtime snack

8 oz almond milk

Yoga: 45 min

Turbokick: 55 min

Boot camp: 55 min

Barbell squat: 5 sets barbell only 20 reps

Smith machine reverse lunges:1 set 20 lbs 12 reps, 4 sets 30 lbs 8 reps

Glute pressdown: 1 set 50 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 70 lbs 15 reps

Seated leg curl: 5 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Leg extension: 5 sets 45 lbs 12 reps

Legs were pretty worn out from turbo and boot camp but still had the workout in me just didn't go my hardest. I am happy with my workout and wouldn't change a thing about it except maybe cutting turbo down to 30 mins from 55 mins lol. I gotta get my cardio in if I am going to sleep at night like a normal person.

Not liking this warm cold alternating weather forcast.

Ditto for me too! Michigan is going back and forth too! I'd rather like the forth with sunny and 45+ degrees the best! Going back to the teens with wind and snow, not so much.

it got to the point every apple I cut into was bad...

So true! Especially during the winter. We finally got in our New Zealand apples at our grocery stores here in Michigan - but yeah, they are expensive. Applesauce is the next best thing! especially with cinnamon. Yummy!

Breakfast

1 banana mashed up

1 scoop protein powder

8 oz orange juice

Snack

1 brown rice cake

1 tbsp peanut butter

Lunch

1 brown rice cake

2 lil cookies

1 baby red potato diced up

3/4c green beans

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

1 1/2 scoop protein powder

Supper

1c tortilla soup

1 oz tortilla chips

2 dark chocolate squares

Yoga: 60 mins

Turbokick: 45 mins

Chest/triceps

Incline chest press: 6 sets 65 lbs 12 reps

Flat bench press: 6 sets 65 lbs 10 reps

Decline chest press: 6 sets 50 lbs 10 reps

Cable crossover: 2 sets 20 lbs 12 reps, 4 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Tricep extension: 6 sets 25 lbs 15 reps

Rope pulldown: 6 sets 60 lbs 10 reps

Dips: 6 sets 15 reps

Was a good day. Just sore from my leg workout yesterday

Ok so it dawned on me I haven't had coffee in 2 weeks.... I switched to, depending on the weather, iced passion green tea or hot China green tips tea. I need to break my caffeine habit but grrr I love green tea. Wish I could of had a mexican hot cocoa made with coconut milk today but I will wait till Saturday to enjoy it with a warm cinnamon roll I so look forward to Saturdays anymore. Yummy local fare followed up with a full hour of Turbokick to burn off my Saturday indulgence hahaha.

Breakfast

1/2c oats cooked in water

1 mashed banana

1 tbsp whole flaxseed, ground up

1 tbsp hemp seed, ground up

8 oz orange juice

Snack

8 oz almond milk

1 scoop protein powder

4 dates

Lunch

2c tortilla soup

2 oz tortilla chips

4 dates

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

5 walnut halves

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

Turbokick: 55 min

Tbar row: 2 sets 25 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 25 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Cable row:2 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Back extension: 8 sets 12 reps

Lat pulldown: 2 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

Dumbbell bicep curl: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Hammer curl: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

Reverse curl:2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps, 4 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Hi Nancy! Looks like you're doing great! Way to be off coffee for 2 weeks! That's a hard one! I love the taste- don't need the caf just like the taste- it's a nice treat- my organic decaf (cold water processed).

You're doing so awesome with your food and journal/ workouts! I love how consistent and driven you are!

Keep it up sister! xo Amanda

PS Can't believe we're already at the end of the month! If you have any questions/ concerns etc please feel free to pick my brain! Email or post a question here and I'll respond!

Today crappy day for me. Slammed with bad cramps, massive cravings and huge mood shifts. I wasn't looking forward to what would happen when I cut soy out of my diet..... I hope next month the doctor tells me I can have my soy back in small quantities and that the pain was from a wheat sensitivity!!! My diet was good until lunch when the massive craving hit and well I indulged way over what I should have but not going to beat myself up over it.

Breakfast

1 banana mashed

1tbsp each whole flaxseed and hemp seed ground up

splash almond milk

8 oz orange juice

Snack

4 dates

Lunch

2c tortilla soup

2 oz tortilla chips

16 no bake cookies (cut half the sugar, used coconut oil and peanut butter. not the healthiest but not as bad as it could have been)

Snack

1c cinnamon applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

7 walnut halves

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

Supper

1c tortilla soup

Snack

8 oz almond milk

Yoga: 60 min

Boot camp: 50 min

Legs

Leg press: 2 sets 270 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 270 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 270 lbs 12 reps

Sumo squat: 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 12 reps

Seated calf raise: 2 sets 90 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 12 reps

Stiff leg deadlift: 2 sets 75 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 75 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

My legs are already talking to me so I think I am going to try some pigeon pose, forward folding, cobbler pose and runner's lunge to see if I can get my legs stretched out good before bed. I think it might be high time to break down and become certified in yoga....

Breakfast

Cinnamon roll

16 oz almond chai tea latte

Lunch

1c applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

crushed walnut

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

Supper

Lentil loaf (lentils, ketchup, onions, mixed vegetables, oat flour, walnuts)

2 baby red potatoes

6 brussels sprouts

5 asparagus spears

4 crimini mushrooms

1 tbsp oil for roasting vegetables

Bedtime snack

8 oz almond milk

1 serving protein powder

Turbokick: 60 mins

Chest/tri/shoulders

Vertical fly: 2 sets 40 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

Flat chest press: 2 sets 55 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 55 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 55 lbs 12 reps

Tricep extension: 2 sets 40 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 40 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

Rope pulldown: 2 sets 40 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 40 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 40 lbs 12 reps

Lat raise: 2 sets 8 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 8 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 8 lbs 12 reps

DB Overhead press: 2 sets 10 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 10 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 10 lbs 12 reps

Kind of a rough day only good thing is I have now lost 69 lbs! Ready to see what tomorrow brings.

I thought yesterday was rough... today rougher. Getting the sinking feeling I am no longer wanted at my home so I am looking into a second job and an RV that I can keep my precious basset in so I don't have to give him up. The urge to cry has washed over me many times this evening and the accomplishment I made today makes no difference anymore.....

Breakfast

1/2c oats cooked in water

1 tbsp each flaxseed and hemp seed

1/4c dried fruit

Snack

12 oz green monster

tortilla chips

Lunch

1 slice lentil loaf

mashed potatoes

5 each roasted brussels sprouts and asparagus spears

1 corn bread muffin

2 mushrooms

1/8 of an onion

4 lil cookies

Snack

1c applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

Snack

16 oz green monster

Tonight was a active rest day for me. I did 45 mins of turbo kick and 65 mins of yoga. I also stayed after yoga with the teacher to work on my scorpion pose and I managed to actually get my feet over my head and worked them down to my head but lost it when I went to get more into a back bend. Was so excited to share that with my family but no one is talking to me and are shunning me. Guess I will crawl into bed and forget about today

Nancy,

It sounds like you are really going through a lot emotionally - my heart goes out to you. I'm very impressed with how you're sticking to your work outs and nutrition. Be kind to yourself and give yourself rest if you need it.

I have recently been learning about how much our stomach and digestion is impacted by stress and our emotions. It's something I'm working on for myself. Yoga is wonderful- and I know can really help with digestion and breathing- I'm pushing myself to start practicing consistently.

Congratulations on spending extra time and making progress with your pose! That's wonderful! And also with your now 69lbs of weight lost!

I received your email and will respond ASAP!

Keep up what you're doing and let me know if I can help with anything!

xo Amanda

Today was a much better day. I have decided I want to go back to school and I even know for what!! Of course I did pig out a lil bit but I am not going to punish myself for it.

Breakfast

2 tbsp whole flaxseed ground up

1/4c dried fruit

Snack

6 oz green monster

tortilla chips (yes i have an addiction to tortilla chips)

Lunch

lentil loaf

5 roasted brussels sprouts

5 roasted asparagus

2 baby red potatoes

2 mushrooms

1/8 sliced onion

thin slice of pineapple upside down cake

1 brownie

Snack

1c applesauce

5 walnut halves

1 scoop protein powder

Snack

16 oz green monster

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

2 scoops protein powder

Bedtime

1 scoop protein powder mixed with water

No cardio

Back/biceps

Wide grip pulldown: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 75 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 90 lbs 12 reps

Bent over row: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 12 reps

Narrow grip pulldown: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 75 lbs 12 reps

Dumbbell row: 3 sets 12 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 12 reps

EZ bar bicep curl: 3 sets 35 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 35 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 35 lbs 12 reps

Rope hammer curl: 3 sets 30 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Preacher curl with ez curl bar: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 12 reps

Use your yoga training to deal with the stress. Breathe into the situation. Clear your mind of all the drama of the day. Calmly look at what it truly is. Adjust slowly and with control (as you had control in your scorpion, but then when you tried to muscle in the back bend, the control left).

And as always, let the heart be open.

PS - We all have dark days. I acknowledge them, but I don't let them make decisions for me. I wait till I am in a better state of mind, to make decisions. Or, i meditate on it. I look at all the options - even the way out idea ones. And I usually get to what it TRULY is that I am thinking.

I let the cards fall into place and I know where I am now I have been dealing with lack of funds and getting overwhelmed with repo threats, garnishments, nasty hormonal swings.... Getting my bills in order and on payment arrangements, looking into going back to school to do something that sounds fun and interesting and just taking one step at a time. I got one of the bills for my ER visit and it is close to $11,000 that is coming out of my pocket.....

Ok I wanted to cry and give up for the first time in a long time during boot camp. My legs are soooo pissed at me right now. I will explain when I get to that part of the journal but just know OMG yoga is going to suck massively tomorrow. I might just ignore what the teacher does and live in pigeon, cobbler and any other pose that works for stretching my legs and doesn't involve squatting, lunging or mean warriors.....

Breakfast

2 tbsp whole flaxseed ground up

1/4c dried cranberries

Snack

10 oz green monster

tortilla chips (yes i know I really shouldn't be eating them but yummmmmmm)

Salsa

Lunch

lentil loaf

2 baby red potatoes roasted

10 brussels sprouts roasted

5 asparagus spears roasted

Snack

1c applesauce

1 scoop protein powder

Snack

16 oz green monster

Post workout

8 oz almond milk

2 scoops protein powder

Bedtime

1 corn bread muffin

8 oz almond milk

1 scoop protein powder

Legs

Barbell squat: 2 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 4 sets 65 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 65 lbs 12 reps

Reverse lunge (bodyweight only): 1 set 20 reps, 2 sets 10 reps, 3 sets 15 reps, 2 sets 12 reps

Step ups (bodyweight only): 5 sets 20 reps

Lying hamstring curl: 3 sets 30 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 12 reps

Leg extension: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 60 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 60 lbs 12 reps

I did my leg workout before I did cardio and endurance training.....

turbo kick: 25 mins

Boot camp: 60 mins of pure hell..... we got a new rotation. Did a dymanic warm up followed up with 10 mins of bodyweight exercises. Once we got to the main event my legs were burning. Station #1 reverse lunges and prone lat pulldown 100 each done as a group, Station #2 upright row and squats or squat jumps 100 each done as a group, Station #3 single leg deadlifts, kneeling shoulder press 100 each done as a group....... well I messed up on stations 1 and 3 and did more than I was supposed to...... Round 2 of those stations the teacher bumped it up to 300 each exercise done as a group. All said and done we each had to do 75 reps of each exercise...... I was stumbling into things on my way out of the gym and well I hope tomorrow I can move cause my quads are rebeling any kind of movement.... Glad tomorrow is chest and triceps day!!!! And to think I get to do that again Friday in boot camp....