New You for the New Year Contest 4

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Re: New You for the New Year Contest 4

#16 Postby Jimhadd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 am

My motivation comes from my desire to live a healthy long life, from my need to be a good husband and father. I also get motivation from posting workouts on Facebook and this website, all my friends keep me honest. Lastly, I enjoy competition, and challenges.

#17 Postby KatVonDstroya » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am

Roller derby, sticking to my regimen for the triathlon, knowing the people are keeping tabs on me via my training journal, this contest and wanting to look as fit as possible.
Kat Von D'storya
Ohio Valley Roller Girls

#18 Postby lauraf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:12 am

What motivates me is my health, I suffered from pregnancy induced heart failure in 2007. I recovered and lost the weight I'd gained in my pregnancy and got it down to 169lbs from 198lbs. Since going vegan I've put weight on (too much good food) and in October 2011 I weighed 217lbs. I'm slowly getting my weight down (i'm now at 202lbs) through healthier eating and regular exercise. I want to be around to see my daughter grow up.

#19 Postby dragonflyrunner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 am

I am motivated to workout because it is the one thing in my life that is just for ME. I love the way working out makes me FEEL -- both physically and mentally. I also like that it changes my body (for the better) and I like feeling strong -- it reminds me that I can do anything in life.

#20 Postby Synny667 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

What motivates me to exercise is the fact that I used to be morbidly obese, winded easily, always depressed and headed down the path that of my family. Now I am stronger, leaner, happier and healthier than I ever have been. I love to see what my body can do everyday and how far it is willing to go without hurting myself. And it is a definite mood lifter after a rough day :)
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

#21 Postby pphelps » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 am

To look my best and push myself knowing that others wll give up

#22 Postby ceasom » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 am

My 8 year old daughter is a cancer survivor. I work out, not only for my own health, but to encourage her with healthy food choices, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. I hope to lead my example.

She's already asking if she can go running with me and she can't wait until she's old enough to workout at the gym (our local YMCA allows kids as young as 9 to work out under parental supervision). Every time I look at her, that's my motivation :)

#23 Postby AlanaVeganRican » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 am

Seeing the results I've been able to achieve while working hard and eating right. Plus, it's important to me to be a good example of a healthy, happy vegan :)

#24 Postby SaraTonin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

I love the energy it gives me for the rest of the day. It clears my thoughts. Also, looking at old pictures from when I was 250lbs helps!! Seeing people eating McDonald's ony train ride home helps too.. Gross..
"Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds."

#25 Postby LG6546 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

I did not want my children to lose a parent at a young age to obesity related diseases like I did. Down 50lbs for over two years, never going back!!

#26 Postby lobsteriffic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am

Definitely the way I feel. When I don't work out I feel tired and lethargic. Working out energizes me and gives me a boost of positivity.

#27 Postby mattpb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 pm

What motivates me is, the vision i have of myself stood on stage in my very first Natural Bodybuilding Comp with my girlfriend and family watching and cheering me on.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."-Bruce Lee

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

#28 Postby Ojibwa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm

My husband took a photo of me in 2006. I was 223 pounds. I didn't even recognize myself! I signed up at the gym the next day and I've been working out three or more times a week ever since. My husband and grand kids work out with me now and we all hike together, too.

#29 Postby Migueljr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm

What motivates me to exercise is not just one thing but a few things. one is the fact that i can wake up in the morning and feel good about what i done day before. That i know that i changing my life and health for the better. That one day i will not be this fat anymore as pushes me. Another reason is that i can to run a 5K in April and if i want to be ready i have to push myself to train as much as i can to get to where i want to be on the day of the race. The last reason and the biggest in my book is that i can to join the navy. i know that if i want to join have to be in top shape and health. also this would be great to show them that you can be healthy when you are a vegan to be in the service.

#30 Postby TheFitnessGirla » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm

I workout because becoming stronger feels good. Physical achievements were never my thing, I was obese and inactive most of my life. Being able to achieve fitness goals and setting the standard higher everytime keeps me going. And the mindset of "push harder/one more rep" translates to every aspect in life.

Return to “12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness”