New You for the New Year Contest 4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband took a photo of me in 2006. I was 223 pounds. I didn't even recognize myself! I signed up at the gym the next day and I've been working out three or more times a week ever since. My husband and grand kids work out with me now and we all hike together, too.

What motivates me to exercise is not just one thing but a few things. one is the fact that i can wake up in the morning and feel good about what i done day before. That i know that i changing my life and health for the better. That one day i will not be this fat anymore as pushes me. Another reason is that i can to run a 5K in April and if i want to be ready i have to push myself to train as much as i can to get to where i want to be on the day of the race. The last reason and the biggest in my book is that i can to join the navy. i know that if i want to join have to be in top shape and health. also this would be great to show them that you can be healthy when you are a vegan to be in the service.

miguel

I workout because becoming stronger feels good. Physical achievements were never my thing, I was obese and inactive most of my life. Being able to achieve fitness goals and setting the standard higher everytime keeps me going. And the mindset of "push harder/one more rep" translates to every aspect in life.

What motivates me to exercise is to live a long and healthy life so I can enjoy life with my fiance and future kids. I don't want to grow old and be in pain. I want to go skydiving when I turn 80 years old. There's a lot of things to see in this world and I want to do it as healthy as possible!

Longevity ! Keeping moving and developing strength and better overall health as i progress through my 40`s! The motivation to train stems from wanting to be the best example of veganism i can be and enjoying the challenges that brings in the areas where i train (cross fit and brazilian jiu jitsu.).

So many things motivate me to work out. The primary motivator is the same thing that motivated me to become vegan: Health. Eating great and exercising makes me feel good, helps to ensure my health both short-term (noticeably strengthening my immune system) and long-term (definitely aiming to avoid preventable chronic diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes). I exercise 5 mornings a week, and love how much energy I have throughout the day. I also love showing people that a healthy, vegan lifestyle is good for you. Soon, the number of people who think a vegan diet is inferior or unhealthy will dwindle away to nothing--I know it!

sometimes negativity can be a stronger influence than positive people. seeing the people at my work who are unhappy because of their lifestyle choices and their refusal to make any changes. It makes me realize what habits not to fall into and what to cultivate.

I used to weigh over 300 lbs, working out everyday has helped me lose all the weight, but more importantly, it has made me feel awesome!! I've gained so much muscle, and have so much more confidence than I've ever had. I'm in love with workouts that involve bodyweight and free weights. I also find walking to be the best way to clear my mind, it's the only time of the day that I am completely free from everything!

I just started changing my life (I am 80lbs overweight) and I am motivated by freedom.

I feel like I have been in a prison in my rundown, heavy, sluggish body. Now with each workout I feel stroger and more flexible. My mind feels clearer than it has in years since beginning this year.

I work out to stoke my inner fire for life!

I work out to strengthen my body, my mind, and my ability to help others!

I work out so that even in some small way I can be a light for others!

Since becoming Vegan a few months ago, I have extra motivation to exercise regularly. I'm a 25 year-old athlete in really good shape, but I am driven to be more than that.

In addition to the physical and mental benefits that being fit offers to anyone, this new opportunity to be a strong representative of the Vegan lifestyle is what motivates me to exercise every day.

Instead of telling people that it is possible to be fit as a Vegan, I am motivated to show them that it is easier to gain muscle, lose fat, and just feel better by living this way.

I think of the unnecessary suffering that is inflicted upon countless, innocent, beings and to our planet every time I hit the gym or take the field, and because this cruelty still exists and will continue to exist for a long time, I cannot and will not let myself become complacent when it comes to my health.

The best way I know how to educate is to do, and being a strong Vegan is the best way I have found to not only dispel many of the myths about this way of life, but to also interest people in the subject and influence them in a positive way.

What motivates me: (Andrew Dunn)

- Being able to now fuel my body after workouts with only VEGAN fuel and food after going 100% vegan to start the new year. Reading through Robert's book and learning about how I can live on a plant based diet gets me jacked to go and workout regularly!

Cause I don't want my butt at my knees. No seriously, I work out daily cause its like breathing...and it puts me in my best form, and if I am in my best form, I can give freely all day long to others without feeling empty...lie a virtual pay it forward all day long...for my family, friends, strangers...its all about being our best and passing it on!

I am motivated by the incredible machine that will be with me until the end- my body. Let it be fueled and used to its maximum potential, only to react more quickly and efficiently to each new movement, each new plate put on the bar, every pullup, every step, every movement. Motivated by my beautiful children who inspired my vegan lifestyle, to show them what a strong, healthy and inspiring female looks like. Motivated to 'lead by example' and every workout, every stretch, every last rep is a measure of how true I am to being my best self everyday.