New You for the New Year Contest 4

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Chris Morgan
Rabbit

Re: New You for the New Year Contest 4

#31 Postby Chris Morgan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

What motivates me to exercise is to live a long and healthy life so I can enjoy life with my fiance and future kids. I don't want to grow old and be in pain. I want to go skydiving when I turn 80 years old. There's a lot of things to see in this world and I want to do it as healthy as possible!

klouisjean
Rabbit

#32 Postby klouisjean » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

The great feeling I get after a good workout is what helps keep me motivated. I also want to lead by example and inspire other people to change their lives for the better.
You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe!

veganjkd
Rabbit

#33 Postby veganjkd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Longevity ! Keeping moving and developing strength and better overall health as i progress through my 40`s! The motivation to train stems from wanting to be the best example of veganism i can be and enjoying the challenges that brings in the areas where i train (cross fit and brazilian jiu jitsu.).

Horsey
Finch

#34 Postby Horsey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Simple: I don't want to die. My doctor told me that my high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels were driving me into heart attack or stroke territory. If I don't get in shape today, I won't have a tomorrow.

kylekranz
Finch

#35 Postby kylekranz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:53 pm

My ultra marathon ambitions get me out the door every day to train!

vivalasvegans
Elephant

#36 Postby vivalasvegans » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm

it's fun!
Radical simply means "grasping things at the root." - Angela Davis

megavegan
Finch

#37 Postby megavegan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

‎( :roll: SUCKS IN AIR THROUGH TEETH :roll: ) Examining motivation is rather like examining comedy. The process of examination dilutes the object you're examining. Both are strongest left unexamined.

Whitenebula
Finch

#38 Postby Whitenebula » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 pm

So many things motivate me to work out. The primary motivator is the same thing that motivated me to become vegan: Health. Eating great and exercising makes me feel good, helps to ensure my health both short-term (noticeably strengthening my immune system) and long-term (definitely aiming to avoid preventable chronic diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes). I exercise 5 mornings a week, and love how much energy I have throughout the day. I also love showing people that a healthy, vegan lifestyle is good for you. Soon, the number of people who think a vegan diet is inferior or unhealthy will dwindle away to nothing--I know it!

catulk
Rabbit

#39 Postby catulk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Feeling strong & healthy, being a good role model for my son, and competing in different athletic events all keep me motivated!

ravilution
Finch

#40 Postby ravilution » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:05 pm

sometimes negativity can be a stronger influence than positive people. seeing the people at my work who are unhappy because of their lifestyle choices and their refusal to make any changes. It makes me realize what habits not to fall into and what to cultivate.

bnhealthy
Rabbit

#41 Postby bnhealthy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:09 pm

B-N- Healthy is the number one thing. And gearing up for my first figure comp! SOOO excited. I gotta go - gotta hit the weights!

b.k.
Finch

#42 Postby b.k. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 pm

I want to show all my ignorant friends who think vegans die by the age of 25 that they are wrong and vegans are really strong and their way of living is disgusting :popcorn:

kristal571
Finch

#43 Postby kristal571 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 pm

I fell great when I workout! Also to stay healthy for my 3 children, (ages 3,7 & 9). I wish my own mother would have taken care of herself...she would still be here. :(

kimberly
Rabbit

#44 Postby kimberly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

I used to weigh over 300 lbs, working out everyday has helped me lose all the weight, but more importantly, it has made me feel awesome!! I've gained so much muscle, and have so much more confidence than I've ever had. I'm in love with workouts that involve bodyweight and free weights. I also find walking to be the best way to clear my mind, it's the only time of the day that I am completely free from everything!

hummingbird
Rabbit

#45 Postby hummingbird » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Being strong...fit...happy and healthy/..and to be an example to people that as you age in life...you can be strong not weak :) the proof in always in the pudding :)

Return to “12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness”