Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New You for the New Year Contest 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 pm 
Finch

I just started changing my life (I am 80lbs overweight) and I am motivated by freedom.
I feel like I have been in a prison in my rundown, heavy, sluggish body. Now with each workout I feel stroger and more flexible. My mind feels clearer than it has in years since beginning this year.

I work out to stoke my inner fire for life!

I work out to strengthen my body, my mind, and my ability to help others!

I work out so that even in some small way I can be a light for others!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm 
Finch

Since becoming Vegan a few months ago, I have extra motivation to exercise regularly. I'm a 25 year-old athlete in really good shape, but I am driven to be more than that.

In addition to the physical and mental benefits that being fit offers to anyone, this new opportunity to be a strong representative of the Vegan lifestyle is what motivates me to exercise every day.

Instead of telling people that it is possible to be fit as a Vegan, I am motivated to show them that it is easier to gain muscle, lose fat, and just feel better by living this way.

I think of the unnecessary suffering that is inflicted upon countless, innocent, beings and to our planet every time I hit the gym or take the field, and because this cruelty still exists and will continue to exist for a long time, I cannot and will not let myself become complacent when it comes to my health.

The best way I know how to educate is to do, and being a strong Vegan is the best way I have found to not only dispel many of the myths about this way of life, but to also interest people in the subject and influence them in a positive way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm 
Finch

What motivates me: (Andrew Dunn)

- Being able to now fuel my body after workouts with only VEGAN fuel and food after going 100% vegan to start the new year. Reading through Robert's book and learning about how I can live on a plant based diet gets me jacked to go and workout regularly!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm 
Manatee

Cause I don't want my butt at my knees. No seriously, I work out daily cause its like breathing...and it puts me in my best form, and if I am in my best form, I can give freely all day long to others without feeling empty...lie a virtual pay it forward all day long...for my family, friends, strangers...its all about being our best and passing it on!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 pm 
Rabbit

I am motivated by the incredible machine that will be with me until the end- my body. Let it be fueled and used to its maximum potential, only to react more quickly and efficiently to each new movement, each new plate put on the bar, every pullup, every step, every movement. Motivated by my beautiful children who inspired my vegan lifestyle, to show them what a strong, healthy and inspiring female looks like. Motivated to 'lead by example' and every workout, every stretch, every last rep is a measure of how true I am to being my best self everyday.

facebook.com/parttimevegan

Be. Your. Best. Self
#fuelgood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 pm 
Rabbit

Exercise keeps me sane plus I love how my clothes fit NOW compared to a year ago!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 pm 
Rabbit

The knowledge that exercise will help heal me gets me motivated. Even when I ache and am barely able to move, I still want to get in at least 10 minutes of exercise a day. When I'm mobile, I'm up. My husband, kids, dogs, and extended family need me around for as long as possible, so I exercise. My dogs need to get out and about, so I exercise. I need to be here, as strong and healthy as possible. So, I move.

And vanity plays a bit of a role, too.

Getting healthier one day at a time
http://www.sherriet.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Finch

What motivates me is my fiance' we are getting married in 24 days. Every morning he inspires me to wake up and workout which I'll be honest is not always easy. We consider ourselves to be active, we are both vegan. ( I have been weightlifting on a vegan diet since the age of 14). 2009 was a difficult year for many people, but for me, it was a year that brought me hope for the future. Five years ago, I was involved in a devastating car accident. I woke up in the trauma center to learn that I had broken my back in five places. The pain was excruciating, but I tried to keep a positive attitude. My neurosurgeon had told me that most people with my injuries are permanently paralyzed, so I knew that in spite of the pain, eleven months in a body cast, and difficult months of physical therapy I was facing, I was a very lucky person. I was told the reason why things were not worse was because my body was in such good shape (At the time, I was training for a bench competition lifting 145lbs at a weight of 110lbs). I still suffer with extreme chronic pain and have difficulty engaging in many activities that other people my age easily enjoy. Everyday, I keep my long-term dream of being a vegan fitness model as my focus. I try to push myself as much as I can with the constant help and support of my fiance/workout partner/diet coach. I hope to be an inspiration to others, promote the vegan lifestyle, and make people realize meat is not the answer!! ha.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm 
Rabbit

My daily motivation is my health! Inside & out!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
Rabbit

I am motivated by the people around me, my gym family who support and encourage me daily. I used to hate going to the gym (old gym) but forced myself to go because I needed it. Before, there was no way I could wake up before 6am and now I regularly wake up art 4:30am-5:00am ready to get to the gym and hit it hard. I actually WANT to work out. Coming from a past with pain related knee injuries I never want to go back to that kind of pain. Living in a family with weight issues also motivates me to always work harder. and above all else the inspiration from some great vegan athletes that help me to move forward every day and do my best to be my best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 pm 
Manatee

The concept that I'm cleaning my body via my skin, and getting things moving in my lymphatic system, but more importantly, increasing my ability to stay on the dance floor all night!! Rawr!

00ntz 00ntz 00ntz XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm 
Rabbit

I'm motivated by the results I see when I give it my best shot. Which in turns motivates others. What a feeling!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 pm 
Rabbit

One thing that motivates me is knowing that exercise keeps my anxiety at bay. As long as I exercise regularly, it pretty much stays away!

Don't forget to be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm 
Manatee

What motivates me to exercise regularly?

This little guy right here

I always want to be a positive influence on him and never be a typical "fat dad".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm 
Elephant

To be able to serve others well in to my antiquity. To be as strong and healthy as I'm able so I can help those whose strength and health have left them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next